News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 567,291 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Himmelblau on Dec 17, 2016, 05:51:36 PM
John Wick 2, Rings are all getting trailers next week.. Hmm and still know Covenant trailer!!!   This reeks of failure i hope i'm wrong but we should have gotten something by next week if not than they f@cked this movie up and don't want to admit it...

They're just waiting for the Star Wars hype to die down a little. As I mentioned a few months back, it makes sense to de-conflict it a little. There's still five months before the release of the film, no rush and plenty of time.

The two Covenant trailers have also received positive press coverage, no reason to think that there is any kind of problem.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 17, 2016, 09:30:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 17, 2016, 08:21:49 PM
My thoughts too. I guess no general rated trailer but just the red-band online. It's a shame it's not coming with Creed but I guess it's just not the right demograph.

But we have solid info that there is a green as well as a red-band trailer. Why go to the expense of making a general audiences trailer if they don't plan to release it?

Apologies, I meant perhaps we're not getting the green first in cinemas and the red online after as we'd been hypothising. Your notion of waiting for the Star Wars hype to die down a little is the right way? What's coming out in the New Year they could attach it to?

Ingwar

BishopShouldGo

You're going to be waiting for a few more days at least.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2016, 01:16:56 PM
Your notion of waiting for the Star Wars hype to die down a little is the right way?

It's what I'd have done if I were in charge of marketing this film. All Joe Doe is currently talking about is Star Wars. Joe Doe has a limited attention span so he might forget to mention that new Alien trailer to his buddies with all the Rogue One fuss currently doing the rounds. Once Rogue One is old hat in a few days, Joe Doe and his buddies will be looking for the next big thing. It's then when you'll want to hit 'em with the Covenant trailer.

Prometheops

Long time lurker...first post. According to this french website

http://www.fanactu.com/dossiers/cinema/6475/studio-20th-century-fox-nous-devoile-ses-films-evenements-annee-2017.html

and this facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/AlienGalaxie/

the trailer will be revealed the 26 of December  ;D ;D.

Whatever this is true or not....hard to say

DGSimo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 18, 2016, 04:29:15 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2016, 01:16:56 PM
Your notion of waiting for the Star Wars hype to die down a little is the right way?

It's what I'd have done if I were in charge of marketing this film. All Joe Doe is currently talking about is Star Wars. Joe Doe has a limited attention span so he might forget to mention that new Alien trailer to his buddies with all the Rogue One fuss currently doing the rounds. Once Rogue One is old hat in a few days, Joe Doe and his buddies will be looking for the next big thing. It's then when you'll want to hit 'em with the Covenant trailer.

Not to mention that one of the biggest trailers and talking point for Rogue One is Dunkirk given the trailer and 5 minute IMAX preview. The marketing space in front of Rogue is just too damn packed and honestly, a Alien trailer just isn't suitable for the Rogue One audience given its Star Wars and a lot of children would of been attending this weekend.

Fox will release the trailer when they're ready. Heck this week I imagine a lot of talk and focus will be about Blade Runner 2049 and Christmas weekend the rumor is that WB might be dropping a surprise Justice League trailer. Yowzer. lol

acrediblesource

my guess the earliest they might release A:C is either on Christmas, new years day basically when you least expect it and when you pretty much on the internet anyways out of sheer boredom.

Scorpio

Quote from: Prometheops on Dec 18, 2016, 05:04:02 PM

the trailer will be revealed the 26 of December  ;D ;D.

Boxing Day would be good.  Everyone has a day off recovering from bad food and hangover.  :P

acrediblesource

the latest would be Valentines day....I think as  a solid Hard R rating, there isn't any worry for this movie to go sky rocketing in terms of viralitidy. Most certainly will be the talk of many fan sites, but somehow the link to Prometheus will get casual sci-fi into it but slowly.
I think it would be difficult for Entertainment Tonight to do a story on this without some tact considering the first trailer is supposedly gorey.

Stolen

I spoke with a French reporter who saw the clips and the trailer! He confirmed that the trailer comes out on December 26th!
May be with the difference of time it will be the evening of December 25 ?!

He told me that ,visually it's wow even if the cgi are not finished.

However he worries that the film is a remake of Alien ...  :-\

The trailer is intense and visceral!

oduodu

Quote from: Stolen on Dec 18, 2016, 08:29:32 PM
I spoke with a French reporter who saw the clips and the trailer! He confirmed that the trailer comes out on December 26th!
May be with the difference of time it will be the evening of December 25 ?!

He told me that ,visually it's wow even if the cgi are not finished.

However he worries that the film is a remake of Alien ...  :-\

The trailer is intense and visceral!

Sacre blue ! Impossible!

A remake of alien?

Neverrrrr!! 

Ingwar

Remake of Alien? It's utterly different story. There are some similarities but remake? Bollocks.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 18, 2016, 10:16:47 PM
Remake of Alien? It's utterly different story. There are some similarities but remake? Bollocks.

Agreed! Can't wait to see the trailer finally!! 8)

Perfect-Organism

Well, what if they land on the planet, only to discover Alien horrors so they escape back to their mothership, where, surprise, surprise someone infected brings some alien goodness aboard.  Horror ensues.  That's the script of Alien.  Is it not?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed