Kradan is pretty OK at the moment

Started by Kradan, Aug 05, 2020, 07:28:53 AM

Author
Kradan is pretty OK at the moment (Read 60,404 times)

Local Trouble

You have strange and frightening ways.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 31, 2021, 07:41:52 AM
1. Yes, I drink LOTS of tea but I didn't know it's because I'm a Ukranian. I do it 'cause I like it's taste and it helps me stay awake and focused when I have shit tonne to do

I can relate. Cheers!

2. Yes, we have that weird tradition of sitting before going for a long trip but I personally don't fully understand why nor like it

Oh! Ok that's curious.  :laugh:

3. Both of my grandmothers gave two shits about babysitting me or my younger brother. To be fair, one of them lives in the rural area but the other one lives literally next door. But my case is more of an exception to the rule. I even remember joke: "Nobody can go from grandma hungry"  :D

It sounds like a fairy tale. But seriously, I remember that my uncle who lived in Sweden for 15 years talked about how cold Swedes are. According to him, a long time can go by without a son seeing his parents living in the same city. People in Ukraine are somewhat cold?  :-\

4. I've never had a dog

Are you a Martian?!  :o

5. I wear slippers as I'm writting this. It's pretty cold here so they keep my feet warm

I can relate, sometimes.  :)

6. As she said men don't care about that

Who said what?!  :o

7. If stranger is about my age I would refer to him/her "boy/girl" (or "young man/young woman"). If he/she in their 30-40s - "man/woman". If older - "grandpa/grandma". Also, there's a thing about pronoun "you" in Ukranian. While you English people can use "you" reffering to a singular person as well as group of people here we have two distinct pronouns for reffering to a singular person or to a group of people: singular - ты (ty), plural - вы (vy). If you don't know somebody it's recommended to refer to him/her by plural вы. That way you demonstrate your respect to a stranger and It's like rule of general courtesy here. Once you become more acquainted formalities are dropped and you can refer to each other by singular ты

Thanks for opening your holocron, Kradan. I love learning new things.  8) :)

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

I'm sorry about the terrible quality but there's nothing I can do about it

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 31, 2021, 11:23:59 PM
People in Ukraine are somewhat cold?  :-\

I would say most of the people in Ukraine are angred by how rough life is. That makes them somewhat cold to one another. Everybody for himself kind of mentality. There's even a Ukranian saying: "My house is on the edge of the town - I know nothing about"

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 31, 2021, 11:23:59 PM
6. As she said men don't care about that

Who said what?!  :o

Lady in the video LT posted

Local Trouble

How did you first discover Portal?  Did you play it when it was released or did you come across it later?

SiL

2. Yes, we have that weird tradition of sitting before going for a long trip but I personally don't fully understand why nor like it
My parents in law: "WE HAVE TO GET TO THE AIRPORT OR WE'LL BE LATE!!!"

Also my parents in law:

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 03, 2021, 05:58:59 AM
How did you first discover Portal?  Did you play it when it was released or did you come across it later?

As many great things in my life, I've discovered it through my dad. Back in 2011, when Portal 2 came out I was watching him play it and got interested. I thought, it would be logical to start with the first one. So dad installed Portal, then I played Portal 2 and It was (besides Alien Isolation) best gaming experience I've ever had. I've fallen in love with the characters, setting, lore. GLADoS was my first digital crush. There was several years gap when I moved on to other things but in 2018 I revisited both Portall games and all the memories and nostalgia hit me like a f**king train

That's pretty much it

That's pretty much it

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2021, 06:45:54 AM
My parents in law: "WE HAVE TO GET TO THE AIRPORT OR WE'LL BE LATE!!!"

Also my parents in law:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq2jfeEoM4cR8mT1tuHxDcMe3HpHnfPb5Zgg&usqp=CAU

KEVIN !

Local Trouble

Do you also have a backstory involving ketchup?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 01, 2021, 10:35:19 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Bravo 👏  :o

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 05, 2021, 08:10:29 PM
Do you also have a backstory involving ketchup?

Nah

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 06, 2021, 01:32:43 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Nov 01, 2021, 10:35:19 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Bravo 👏  :o

"shy noises"

Just a little university project. Unfortunately it turned out to be very reflective and shiny, so you can see it only looking from specific angle.  I guess, my painting turned out to be a little AvPR  :D

Just making myself a new avatar:

Local Trouble

Kradan

Local Trouble

"Video unavailable"

It knows I'm a decadent western imperialist. :-\

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed