Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,670 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't know how recently you read the 2009 comics, but the Aliens and Predator-specific ones were pretty solid. It was the AvP one that sucked.

SM

SM

I didn't have a problem with the TWW art.

predxeno

predxeno

AVP TTW was supposed to tie everything together, but it barely did even that; that's what made it the ULTIMATE failure in my opinion.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2013, 07:49:45 PM
I didn't have a problem with the TWW art.
Compared to the other two 2009 series, it was pretty shit.

PRJ_since1990

Maybe it's just me, but I agree with SM. IMO Never really seen "bad" artwork in a comic. Probably because:
A: I can't draw, so I'd be a poor judge. They got published, so can't be that bad
B: Each artist has their own style they bring to the franchise. I like some more than others.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Have you read 'Aliens: The Female War'? ;)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 29, 2013, 05:17:08 AM
Compared to the other two 2009 series, it was pretty shit.

I'll drink to that!

-Rakai'Thwei

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 29, 2013, 06:16:34 AM
Yes. Both the comic in the omnibus and the paperback

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 29, 2013, 03:44:34 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 29, 2013, 06:16:34 AM
Yes. Both the comic in the omnibus and the paperback
What did you think of the art in it?

PRJ_since1990

It was a little cartoon-ish, maybe a little brighter than I'm used to but I didn't hate it lol. You?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It's a pretty huge step down in quality from books 1 and 2. Likely some of the worst A/P/AvP comic book art to date, in my opinion.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 30, 2013, 09:40:28 PM
It's a pretty huge step down in quality from books 1 and 2. Likely some of the worst A/P/AvP comic book art to date, in my opinion.
I would agree. I've seen better, including the prior two story. But I don't hate it either. It's just meh

Mr. Clemens

Aliens: The Female War = fail.

I haven't seen it in decades, but I recall a lot of pink, yellow, mint green, and just general ugliness. And the line art sucked, too... especially compared to what came right before it.

SM

SM

It's not just the art that's an issue.  The writing is very sub par compared to the first two series.  And was made worse by the Billie/ Wilks re-write.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: SM on Dec 01, 2013, 07:52:26 PM
It's not just the art that's an issue.  The writing is very sub par compared to the first two series.  And was made worse by the Billie/ Wilks re-write.
Funny enough, I originally picked up the paperback novel at a bookstore (which got me into the literature for Aliens/Predator stuff), Aliens Book 1 Earth Hive. So not only did I not have any artwork but I already had the Wilks/Billie thing ground in by the time I found out this other stuff. To me, the rewrite seems necessary for the sake of movie continuity, since Alien3 clearly went a different direction than the EU comics. But maybe due to the timing of it all, it never bothered me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed