Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added)

Started by Shasvre, Mar 19, 2012, 06:36:54 PM

Author
Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added) (Read 81,201 times)

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 23, 2012, 10:53:39 PM
Quote from: botched on Mar 23, 2012, 10:49:16 PM
The tone of these "TV spots" are turning me off. They are meant to sell the movie to the average out of the loop person. I much prefer the trailer, it's more fan service.   I don't need  overly explanatory narration to get me interested, Just the name "Ridley Scott  & that alarm will do.
Indeed. That phony "Heads up!!1!" overdub when Idris Elba shouts, with the cheesy canned "metal" track, is hilarious.

Unfortunately guys, there's a dumb audience outside of our world that make up the majority. Most probably have never heard of Ridley Scott, and there are many kids to whom Alien means nothing prior to AVP. It's a film in the end - not made for us, but for everyone. It's a $100m budget movie that needs to make a profit. That means metal music, dubstep, sexy pics and cgi action. Doesn't mean the final film will be anything like it, but as it stands, the TV spots still look a million times better than any other movie advertising at the moment.

Christ, have you seen the Spidey virals? Prometheus fans are being spoilt!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

They're planets, guys, not Engineers. the one supposedly on the right of David? Yeah, no body. It's just a planet with a moon orbitting it.

Same for the one in the middle. It's just a planet.

The guy on the left that we actually see walking, that's a Jockey/Engineer.

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 23, 2012, 10:55:41 PM
Quote from: zvezdan on Mar 23, 2012, 10:39:56 PM
OK, this is my first trial at making GIFs out of movies:
http://i39.tinypic.com/34orgyg.gif
(any criticism?)

I see clearly 2 "blue guys": the left and in the middle between the left one and david. Not sure what is that on the right though... Might be a 3rd guy...

Hmm. There very well might be two if we're to assume they're Fitfield & Holloway.

There's clearly 3 AND David - do I have to magnify an even bigger version?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Mar 23, 2012, 11:01:36 PM
(any criticism?)

I see clearly 2 "blue guys": the left and in the middle between the left one and david. Not sure what is that on the right though... Might be a 3rd guy...

Hmm. There very well might be two if we're to assume they're Fitfield & Holloway.

There's clearly 3 that you want to see, sir. They're not Jockeys. They're planets.

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 23, 2012, 11:03:04 PM
(any criticism?)

There's clearly 3 that you want to see, sir. They're not Jockeys. They're planets.

LOOK AT ZVEZDAN's GIF!!! Left Engineer is moving to the right, Centre ENGINEER is moving out of the shadows. The 3rd on the right could be planet - but to me looks like his left arm is aloft! It's very clear.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Magnifying would be useless--you'd just get extra blocky pixels that would reveal nothing. This issue will only be put to rest once we get a decent 1080 version. Then we'll be able to tell for sure whether they're Jockeys or planets.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The other two just look like projections interfacing with the map. Wouldn't be surprised if David finds out they were heading to Earth by seeing one doing something to imply so on the map.

Also, we know that holographic beings can be formed by this Engineer technology because we've seen it before in the second trailer.

Again, highly doubt those other two have a physical presence.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 23, 2012, 11:12:59 PM

Second alleged Jockey just looks like an island chain or star cluster.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, seeing it there, there's no way that's an Engineer.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 23, 2012, 11:15:19 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 23, 2012, 11:12:59 PM

Second alleged Jockey just looks like an island chain or star cluster.

That's what I thought too, until I looked at the gif of the scene. The second (center) one seems to actually move into the light in a walking motion.

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Thankyou for your pic OpenMaw. At least I appreciate what you've tried to do to get through to some very awkward posters on here.

But shall I tell you why I think there are 3 engineers? Because of the FRAMING OF THE SHOT.

If it was 2 + David, the pic would be cropped so David would be closer to (our) right frame edge. You wouldn't have a shot with action happening on one side, David in the middle and nothing on the other. It's all about BALANCE in the shot! Basic camera law.

ALSO, 4 SARCOPHAGI - my logic is, 3 Engineers awaken from these, the 4th sarcophagus is reserved possibly for David in his new role?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Mar 23, 2012, 11:26:43 PM
Thankyou for your pic OpenMaw. At least I appreciate what you've tried to do to get through to some very awkward posters on here.
Pot, kettle, etc.

First Blood

First Blood

Because of the FRAMING OF THE SHOT.

I think the purpose of the shot is to show the scale of the orrery in comparison to the room.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 23, 2012, 11:31:14 PM
Because of the FRAMING OF THE SHOT.

I think the purpose of the shot is to show the scale of the orrery in comparison to the room.
^ Yep.
Mr. Engineer's entrance will probably be a shock moment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed