Another supposed plot/set report (take this with a grain of salt)

Started by JaaayDee, May 08, 2011, 07:23:27 AM

Author
Another supposed plot/set report (take this with a grain of salt) (Read 7,677 times)

JaaayDee

http://starseeker.com/2012-movies/alien-2012/

QuoteI was speaking with a guy who is working on the set of prometheus and he showed me some pictures and told me a bout the storyline. The space jockey that you see in alien who has had his chest busted open is the guy who engineers the aliens. He sends the aliens to planet that he wants to take over. The aliens kill the locals and he flys in and pillages the land of its resources. It seems as though he is responsible for the aliens creation, i'm guessing that he is some kind of super scientist.

The engineer is played by some huge guy who is 8ft tall. He appears even bigger in the space jockey scene from Alien as he is wearing a space suit. He appears to have died in a seat that looks like it is some sort of weapon control, this is in fact the navigation system that the space ship uses to open worm holes and plot its course. Perhaps the aliens revolted and, knowing that he has been impregnated, he is desperately trying to return home to have the alien extricated?

He showed me some pictures from the set. There is a huge silver bust of the engineers head, it is approximately 15m high. It appears that the engineer is sort of leader of a civilisation and there is a cult around his personality and his alien creations, this is probably due to the fact that he has mastered the technology that continues to provide the resource requirements of his home world. I also saw a picture of the actor who plays the engineer in what appeared to be some sort of cryo-chamber.

bleau

I don't know what to make of it now. The Space Jockey seemed like a noble race to me, since they have a warning beacon on their ship in Alien. Now it sounds like they are pure evil or something. Doesn't makes sense.

Infected

Yes but the signal wasnt beeping anymore when the colony was on LV-426.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

I think a) Dallas (i think?) turned it off in the novel and b) volcanic activity damaged the derelict prior to Aliens. The warning may have been for his own people.

Michael Harper

It sounds very interesting. I wouldn't put it past Damon Lindelof to write something of that magnitude. My question is: If this is indeed true, would we be seeing the Space Jockey unleashing the Aliens upon these "locals" "flys in and pillages the land of its resources" in the actual film? Regardless of how it sounds on page, if that is shot right, it could be great.

These set picture should totally be leaked! HaHa  :)

bleau

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 08, 2011, 10:45:00 AM
I think a) Dallas (i think?) turned it off in the novel and b) volcanic activity damaged the derelict prior to Aliens. The warning may have been for his own people.

That makes sense.
QuoteThere is a huge silver bust of the engineers head, it is approximately 15m high. It appears that the engineer is sort of leader of a civilisation and there is a cult around his personality and his alien creations
A giant head? This movie is just keeps getting weirder though.

MrSpaceJockey

The Lava flow destroyed the derelict and presumably it's signal. That is part of the reason why it was so beat up in Aliens.

Michael Harper

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 08, 2011, 01:16:30 PM
The Lava flow destroyed the derelict and presumably it's signal. That is part of the reason why it was so beat up in Aliens.

What lava flow? :)

ThisBethesdaSea

MrSpaceJockey is talking EU stuff that has ABSOLUTELY ZERO BEARING on this new film. People are obsessed I tell ya!

Mus

The lava thing was cooked up by James Cameron, for Aliens.

Michael Harper

Quote from: Mus on May 08, 2011, 03:25:05 PM
The lava thing was cooked up by James Cameron, for Aliens.

I just can't remember any mention of it in the film. Was it actually brought up in the film? Or, just an idea that never came to pass?

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 08, 2011, 02:37:38 PM
MrSpaceJockey is talking EU stuff that has ABSOLUTELY ZERO BEARING on this new film. People are obsessed I tell ya!
It ain't EU. In fact, I don't even follow the EU.  ;). All I am doing is help give reason why the derelicts signal didn't show up in Aliens.

Quote from: Michael Harper on May 08, 2011, 02:32:38 PM

The Derelict in Aliens was damaged by lava flow. This is supported in several ways:
- James Cameron has mentioned it.
- The crew (Ash I think?) in Alien has mentioned that LV-426 is a lava based planetoids
- You can actually see a slither of the lava flow when the Jordens tractor drives around LV-426. I didn't notice that until the BluRay release.

Michael Harper

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 08, 2011, 03:33:32 PM

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 08, 2011, 02:37:38 PM
It ain't EU. In fact, I don't even follow the EU.  ;). All I am doing is help give reason why the derelicts signal didn't show up in Aliens.

Quote from: Michael Harper on May 08, 2011, 02:32:38 PM

The Derelict in Aliens was damaged by lava flow. This is supported in several ways:
- James Cameron has mentioned it.
- The crew (Ash I think?) in Alien has mentioned that LV-426 is a lava based planetoids
- You can actually see a slither of the lava flow when the Jordens tractor drives around LV-426. I didn't notice that until the BluRay release.

Now I remember. Just needed those refreshers :) Come to think about it, I first noticed that slither of lava flow on the Aliens Blu-Ray. I forgot all about that.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

I thought when exploring the derelict , cain tripped/disturbed the layer of blue mist in alien that shut down the beacon and made the egg biologically aware there was a potential host in the vicinity for the face hugger, and thats when the old fella jumped out've the egg onto cains face.

Michael Harper

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on May 08, 2011, 05:29:52 PM
I thought when exploring the derelict , cain tripped/disturbed the layer of blue mist in alien that shut down the beacon and made the egg biologically aware there was a potential host in the vicinity for the face hugger, and thats when the old fella jumped out've egg onto cains face.

The old fella, haha :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed