Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 583,254 times)

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Someone once told me there were two kinds of people; Alien people and Aliens people. :P I'm inclined to believe I am Alien person. It really is a classic film in its own right, and so is Aliens, but the slow paced nature of the original and this world it set up was masterfully done.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

^^^^

excellent choice!  ;D

locdasmoke

locdasmoke

For me it's a toss up between Aliens and Alien 3... Never been a huge fan of the first Alien movie, in all honesty (and I will probably get some sh*t for saying this) I liked Prometheus better than Alien.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: locdasmoke on Aug 17, 2014, 04:45:20 PM
For me it's a toss up between Aliens and Alien 3... Never been a huge fan of the first Alien movie, in all honesty (and I will probably get some sh*t for saying this) I liked Prometheus better than Alien.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

locdasmoke

locdasmoke

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 17, 2014, 04:53:57 PM
Quote from: locdasmoke on Aug 17, 2014, 04:45:20 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
See, I knew I was gonna get sh*t LMAO

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Aug 17, 2014, 09:22:01 AM
Someone once told me there were two kinds of people; Alien people and Aliens people. :P I'm inclined to believe I am Alien person. It really is a classic film in its own right, and so is Aliens, but the slow paced nature of the original and this world it set up was masterfully done.

I'm an Alien guy as well. I enjoy the sequel, but not as much as the first. I prefer the slower, horror-like tone of the first.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Aug 17, 2014, 09:22:01 AM

Disagree. Im an Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 guy, and since I like the slow pace and incredible buildup, I cherish the first two for that reason (Aliens has an even longer buildup), but love Alien 3 for other reasons. The trilogy is golden for me

Gash

Gash

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jul 28, 2014, 06:45:02 AM
Alien

I can literally watch it over and over. It feels perfect, and a lot of the crews' behavior can be justified with a little bit of creative thought. Maybe Ripley should've left the cat, but I like that scene, because if you'd never seen it before, it's supposed to make you think that Ripley might've just pulled a Brett (looking for the cat = death). Meanwhile, Parker and Lambert are together and armed (and Parker is the toughest of the crew) so it seems more likely that they would be less likely to be the ones that the crew would attack (from a certain point of view). Granted, you could also say that they were making more noise and were a bigger target than Ripley. I like the scene in retrospect because it really could go either way and until Jones jumps out and the scary music starts to play, you're not really sure who's going to buy the farm.

The movie's biggest head-scratcher as far as I'm concerned is the company and its behavior. But given that we have no direct contact with them, we're left to draw our own conclusions. Ultimately I guess it doesn't matter too much, but I wonder why they'd have to resort to such a gamble. All part of the movie's charm, and the company as far as I'm concerned is all the more mysterious and evil because we're so disconnected from them.

Why else do I love Alien the most? 1) Biggest, best sets. Great costumes and art design. 2) Small cast. 3) Dark, unromantic view of the future melded with a Gothic, mysterious view of an unexplored universe. 4) The best music (the original score as well as Jerry's Freud and the classical pieces used) heard in the series. 5) Also, the alien itself is my favorite in this one, in terms of how he looks and his behavior as a creature. 6) Ash is the best android (to be fair, the only Android I don't like is Call in Resurrection); there's a payoff with his character's behavior, with him breaking down in glorious fashion, whereas the other droids never really do. 7) Lens flare that doesn't make me want to pull an Oedipus. 8) Low budget, but it looks like a million bucks: Real sets, Animal gore. Miniatures and models. 8) The Derelict here and the way it is lit on the inside is perfect. Those glittering bones! 9) The Who's blue laser. 9) No guns. 10) Psychological depth, hidden themes, and complexity under the ostensibly "simple" action. Or, this film is pure art and can be interpreted a lot of different ways depending how you look at it.

I love Alien. : )

Agree, for all the same reasons.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 30, 2014, 01:05:58 AM

Disagree. Im an Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 guy, and since I like the slow pace and incredible buildup, I cherish the first two for that reason (Aliens has an even longer buildup), but love Alien 3 for other reasons. The trilogy is golden for me

Same here.

tony.schmidt.144

tony.schmidt.144

Alien 3, Aliens and Aliens are tied, the Alien Res.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Alien and Aliens are both in my top ten films possible top five films. Alien 3 is not a bad film its a pretty good film esp the Assembly cut though I do prefer the Alien coming from the dog rather than the Ox. Alien 3's scripts and production was a mess and considering the trouble we got a pretty good film it just suffers in comparison to the first two.

Alien and Aliens in my opinion are the best first two films in any franchise, they exist in the same universe but are different enough to stand on their own. The first two Star Wars films, Terminator and Godfather films are very good as well but I think the first two Alien films are the greatest one-two punch in film history, so it was always going to be hard for who ever was making the third film.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

As I've gotten older I've started to appreciate ALIEN more than ALIENS... I think it is because of the mysteriousness behind it all. It was the beginning after all. They're equally as dark and gritty but ALIEN shows us a bit more how massive and unknown this universe is and also how fragile we are. I'll still defend ALIEN 3 as part of the film trilogy because it does have its moment of glory...

Opposite to ALIEN... I've started to dislike A:R more and more, besides it's great cast and directorial efforts its just not on the same par as the other two or even 3... its just a movie.

I've grown more fond of AvP for some of the ideas it has too bad it had a terrible director. AvP:R was just a mess.

Prometheus I would list tied with ALIEN 3.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

aliens is my fav it had more action and tons of aliens in it i really like that flim.

tmoldovan

tmoldovan

Alien 3 for me.
The characters are the best, Ripley really gets into the character, and environment and cinematography are my favorites.
Dillon, 85, warden, the doc are all memorable characters.
Alien vision through the tunnels (upside down even) is awesome.
If only it didn't have the production/editing/CG/plot holes issues, it would be a god damn masterpiece.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2007, 08:53:46 AM
Quote from: PeterKeyes on Aug 16, 2007, 08:23:30 AM
the wrong direction? don't take me wrong, I thought A3 was good. but james cameron wanted the ripley,newt,hicks relationship to work out. A3 dissapointed a big crowd of people. A3 was supposed to be the last one, so it should of been realy good to just end it.
The makers of Alien didn't want the sequel to go the way Cameron did it. He just got a taste of his own medicine, is all.

they did ?? wow .

well that s interesting. so they basically just wanted to eff up everything cameron did.

could you perhaps expand on that . i would like to hear more.

thanks for pointing that out sil.

alien for me is a masterpiece i always liked aliens and was
my favourite of the franchise. aliens remains a rip-off of alien. aliens is still a great movie though.

on that subject prometheus it seem also to be clone of alien

maybe im wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed