All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,872,760 times)

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I guess my complaint would be if you're gonna do Jedi.. make it interesting, not typical. Because you know who else killed Jedi and was successful at it? Palpatine. Like, who cares?

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2024, 03:21:06 AMYoung Palpy.
Quote from: Prez on Mar 20, 2024, 05:29:25 AM

Hmmm. I always felt Palpy was the young apprentice in the story of Darth Plagueis personally.

Wouldn't be surprised for Disney to once again shoehorn things in to fit their new canon and totally ruin my own views on things  ;)
sheev isn't born yet

SM

SM

Palps moves down unnatural pathways.

Kradan

Prez

Prez

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Mar 20, 2024, 11:29:06 AM
Quote from: Prez on Mar 20, 2024, 05:29:25 AM

Hmmm. I always felt Palpy was the young apprentice in the story of Darth Plagueis personally.

Wouldn't be surprised for Disney to once again shoehorn things in to fit their new canon and totally ruin my own views on things  ;)
sheev isn't born yet

Always thought if he took the secret to cloning from killing ol Plageuis then perhaps he is older than first thought.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2023, 11:58:45 PMEver since TROS, I've suspected that every Sith apprentice eventually becomes the new host for their master's essence.  "Palpatine" may just be the current incarnation of some much older Sith Lord after transferring himself into the younger bodies of unsuspecting apprentices throughout the ages.  Like one of Kradan's nesting dolls.

SM

SM

Which means that all the hate at Palpatine returning in Rise is kinda dumb, since Palpy was obsessed with that from way back.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I never liked it in the expanded universe stuff either, but it is still done infinitely better there than in the films, it's the constant Star Wars obsession with legacy being an albatross around the neck.

I prefer ROTJ to be the end of the mythology overall honestly, Luke Skywalker by saving his father and embracing emotion as a tenet of things, finally puts an end to the Jedi and Sith dogmas as we know them.

Having a purely military fascistic adversary after that like Thrawn does make some sense, cleaning up the remains of the Galactic Empire, but further Jedi and Sith stuff's just pure wank to get the lightsabers out.

The Rogue One Vader hallway for one example; it is this exemplified in a single scene, it goes against every rule of the way the internal logic of the universe works but they did it because "look lightsaber!"

Wweyland

Wweyland

Rey should fight Palpatine again in Ep 10 (is it called that?), because why not

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about resurrecting her beloved Kylo <3 using the cloning secrets of grandpa  Palpi ::)🙏

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 21, 2024, 10:29:14 AMI prefer ROTJ to be the end of the mythology overall honestly, Luke Skywalker by saving his father and embracing emotion as a tenet of things, finally puts an end to the Jedi and Sith dogmas as we know them.

Based.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2024, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2023, 11:58:45 PMEver since TROS, I've suspected that every Sith apprentice eventually becomes the new host for their master's essence.  "Palpatine" may just be the current incarnation of some much older Sith Lord after transferring himself into the younger bodies of unsuspecting apprentices throughout the ages.  Like one of Kradan's nesting dolls.
sadly not how it works. I am all the sith was sheev boosting cause at the time he was the only sith. sith eternal worshiped him like a god . 

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

SW fans, rejoice !

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Tempted to go hate-watch Phantom Menace in theaters, if only just to hear Duel of Fates in theater speakers.

But I am also actively trying to erase Star Wars from my mind since RoS.

In fact, I have no idea what I'm even talking about right now. Star what?

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed