Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,711 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 18, 2012, 07:32:57 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 07:21:27 AM
Can you at least tell us if the movie was gory or not? And let us know when your review is up. Thanks.

I think there's evidence of that in the trailer what with the mutations. I'm not really sure why people are so obsessed with gore. Alien really truly doesn't have much gore beyond the chest burster. You have maybe a minute plus change of actual blood spillage throughout the entire film.

It's nice to see so much activity and so many people theorizing on here. :)

I didn't say I was obsessed with gore just curious about the rating is all.

Kev Loaf

Maybe I miss heard but did someone say in the trailer that "the walls were coming alove"? :/

sandro

sandro

Quote from: Disendor on Mar 18, 2012, 07:06:09 AM
I've seen the movie. I can't say anything about it -- at least not yet -- but my review should be on AICN shortly.

And who says there's only one Jockey? If that, of course, is the Jockey. Maybe it's a mutated... well, I'll let the mind wander.

Yeah sure you saw the movie... right.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Just found this on AICN. It's a short interview with Ridley Scott and one of the writers. He talks about the rating a bit and I'm pretty sure a PG-13 is in the cards judging by how he talks. 

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54368

atlantis

atlantis

I love it...
makes my heart beating faster...
after 30 years..
we go back where it all started...
just awesome...

zakzak

zakzak

A good portion of what has been rumored as a leaked script revealed as true as shown in the various trailers so far, especially the revelation of the Jockey suit in IMAX trailer, and the invitation from the Gods as a motivation for outer space exploration. What other plot speculations you think will be part of the actual movie? The orgy scene? Hard to believe with all the talk of PG13. Unless it is MATRIX 2-style orgy, LOL. Are there Giants in this movie? Vickers turning into a "Star Beast?" David becoming human? The so-called Jockey operating the Derelict chair looks too human, and it is possible that this is a mutated David as seen standing over the waterfall in the beginning of the full trailer. The images are absolutely marvelous !

The plot as revealed through the trailers so far seems to follow the original ALIEN: crew explores ancient relic, gets infected, chased around their own ship by skeletal monstrosities, decision to self-destruct, and a woman survives. They add a couple more plot points: Shaw impregnation, David story, the mutations. I think Scott & Lindelof has one more ace up their sleeve to differentiate this from Haunted House plot of the original movie.

Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 18, 2012, 07:02:21 AM

I haven't noticed if anyone has addressed the issue of these eggs yet? I can't imagine they would just be stones and serve no purpose unless the Jockeys have a thing for zen gardens.

Jockey's Zen garden, LOL! Good one. I think the blue humanoid we've been seeing is not the Elder God, the Engineer, or the Jockey. This may be a mutated David, also seen in the beginning of the trailer, standing over the waterfalls. Vicker's words are very mysterious: "King has his reign. Then he dies. It's inevitable." She talks about death as absolute. She is warning against hubris of immortality which is probably Weyland's ambition.

8thPassenger

8thPassenger

Great trailer. I have been cautiously optimistic about this film, but after seeing this I'm really thinking this will be a very good movie.

However:

Am I the only one who instantly thought of Team America with the "it's inevitable" line? :)

Parkers Bicep

This caught my attention too.

Jango1201

Theres another shot in the trailer at 1:16 seconds where it looks like Xeno bodies on the ground and what looks like hive pieces. I know I'm crazy but its what I see.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 07:48:53 AM
Just found this on AICN. It's a short interview with Ridley Scott and one of the writers. He talks about the rating a bit and I'm pretty sure a PG-13 is in the cards judging by how he talks. 

"He pitched me this sequence that just him talking about it scared the shit out of me. (Laughs) Now that I've seen it on screen, I think probably the most iconic scene in the movie is going to be a horror scene." - Lindelof

Master

Master

Quote from: Disendor on Mar 18, 2012, 07:06:09 AM
I've seen the movie. I can't say anything about it -- at least not yet -- but my review should be on AICN shortly.

And who says there's only one Jockey? If that, of course, is the Jockey. Maybe it's a mutated... well, I'll let the mind wander.

Aren`t you thesame guy that supposedly was invited on test screening? And IIRC you failed to post any form of evidence? Troll, Troll never changes...

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 18, 2012, 09:05:17 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 07:48:53 AM

"He pitched me this sequence that just him talking about it scared the shit out of me. (Laughs) Now that I've seen it on screen, I think probably the most iconic scene in the movie is going to be a horror scene." - Lindelof
8) ;)

TERMINATOR-SSD

TERMINATOR-SSD

AHHHHH the HD download for the new trailer does not work, AHHHHHHHHH

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

Quote from: zakzak on Mar 18, 2012, 08:27:04 AM
Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 18, 2012, 07:02:21 AM

I haven't noticed if anyone has addressed the issue of these eggs yet? I can't imagine they would just be stones and serve no purpose unless the Jockeys have a thing for zen gardens.

Jockey's Zen garden, LOL! Good one. I think the blue humanoid we've been seeing is not the Elder God, the Engineer, or the Jockey. This may be a mutated David, also seen in the beginning of the trailer, standing over the waterfalls. Vicker's words are very mysterious: "King has his reign. Then he dies. It's inevitable." She talks about death as absolute. She is warning against hubris of immortality which is probably Weyland's ambition.
I agree, I've suspected the same thing since his first reveal. It does go along with the mythological implications of the title after all. However, I have trouble believing that all this tech that surrounds him was simply grown after he 'stole the fire', it had to have only been in place beforehand. Or was it...?

The original '79 Jockey was shown to be massive in size as compared to humans. Would the size of Kane's "thousands of eggs" match in comparison to the size of that Jockey symmetrically to how they would for a smaller human who had adopted their science?

In the new trailer we are shown the segment where Noomi sheds a tear while looking at the ceiling, which is rapidly "changing". It breathes new life into the idea of the derelict being a bio-mechanical, organic, grown structure. I suspect those little eggs to be miniature facehugger pods, containing something more protozoic like the slithering creature we've been seeing, or the early facehugger design cited earlier in the thread. Also consider the wriggling substance atop the coptic jar, and the much more voluminous goop shown being removed by David.

Considering how quickly the xeno in the original Alien was to develop, the whole rapid growth thing is never to be tossed aside when considering these films.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Can anybody post an image of the actual space jockey suit near the end please?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed