Prometheus Soundtrack is up for pre-order at Amazon!!!

Started by Frog, Apr 13, 2012, 07:32:33 PM

Author
Prometheus Soundtrack is up for pre-order at Amazon!!! (Read 23,317 times)

Frog

Glaive

Cheers for the link!

Much appreciated!

Feral_PRED

Thanks man!
I'm gonna buy it right now ;D

Michael Harper

Was hoping for the little 30 second samples, but oh well eh! :P

ThisBethesdaSea

Well, hopefully the titles of each track won't give away secrets or plot points to the film...

Cvalda

Pre-ordered. Hopefully it doesn't suck. :P

Deuterium

I love it.  They are taking pre-orders, and I bet you dollars to donuts that the final score hasn't even been completed yet.

Cvalda

That's nothing new. You can preorder movie tie-in merchandise like soundtracks and books long before they even get printed or pressed to disc.

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 14, 2012, 01:55:11 AM
That's nothing new. You can preorder movie tie-in merchandise like soundtracks and books long before they even get printed or pressed to disc.

I know, but talk about taking a leap of faith.  This is Marc Streitenfeld we are talking about, here.   :o

I presume, even though he has been given his walking papers, much of the soundtrack will still be his work (although, I could be wrong, and maybe Ridley is throwing it all out, and starting over).

ThisBethesdaSea

His walking papers??? Care to elaborate?? ;)

shamash

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 14, 2012, 02:23:33 AM

he means fired, as in Streitenfeld has been fired.

Deuterium

Deuterium

I probably could have chosen less pointed words.  However, it never is a good sign when it is disclosed that an additional composer is being brought in to "complete" the score.  This typically is Hollywood-speak for "the original composer of record couldn't cut it, so we need to bring in other talent".  Now, if it was a collaborative effort from the very start, that is one thing, but (as far as I know), Streitenfeld was the sole composer at the outset.

Kol

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 14, 2012, 02:34:35 AM

I probably could have chosen less pointed words.  However, it never is a good sign when it is disclosed that an additional composer is being brought in to "complete" the score.  This typically is Hollywood-speak for "the original composer of record couldn't cut it, so we need to bring in other talent".  Now, if it was a collaborative effort from the very start, that is one thing, but (as far as I know), Streitenfeld was the sole composer at the outset.

it was confirmed by Harry Gregson-Williams (and not gregson & (john) williams  :laugh:), that he will contribute one song called "creation".
you will hear it at the beginning, in the middle and at the end.
seems to be the main theme or sort of.

ThisBethesdaSea

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed