Prometheus vehicles exposed

Started by Valaquen, Aug 28, 2011, 08:22:11 AM

Author
Prometheus vehicles exposed (Read 62,459 times)

The excitement level I have for this movie is so high.  I love the whole syd mead thing going on with the transport reminds me of the gi joe rhino and is that second picture a landing gear that was in the first still where you see the guy drifting? The sets are just so massive and I dont think the surface has really been scratched! I have said it before and I will say it again please let there be a line of action figures!

Highland

Highland

Got to say, I agree with some of the vehicle comments. A few folk getting a bit frothy over what looks like a tarted up army vehicle.

It doesn't even look practical for a roamer , if that's what it is.

I'd say that's Jim Cameron 1 , Ridley Scott 0 , in the battle of ground vehicles.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I think the vehicle is a good fit design-wise with the LV vehicles in Aliens, and the ramps look very consistent with the Nostromo ramps from Alien

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

You gotta remember what we saw in ALIEN etc was the best they could do at the time. Scott has said it before how he would of liked to have things done differently but they just couldn't. Like the hanging screens in the bridge area he wanted to have that just weren't feasible, but nowadays you could pull off piece of piss.
I think in this movie we are going to see the ALIEN movie he always wanted to make originally ;)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Imo the best thing about Prometheus are the following 4 things, in the this order

1. Ridley Scott and Giger at helm

2. Use of practical sets as much as possible, CGI limited considerably

3. An apparent consistency with the designs from Alien, the alien bone corridors, the Ron Cobbesque designs of the vehicles

4. 3D - to experience Scott's hypersensitive Gothic, moody horror in 3D must be really something

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I suppose this was the inspiration behind the Mass Effect vehicle

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Aug 29, 2011, 11:24:48 AM
I suppose this was the inspiration behind the Mass Effect vehicle

Idk, for me it looks very consistent with the vehicles in Hadleys Hope

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 29, 2011, 12:24:45 PM

Are you referring to the Mass Effect vehicle which is the Mako someone posted a concept drawing of which I thought looked inspired by the old Big Track toy or are you referring to the personel carrier from the Prometheus movie?

Infected

Infected

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Aug 29, 2011, 01:10:24 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 29, 2011, 12:24:45 PM

Are you referring to the Mass Effect vehicle which is the Mako someone posted a concept drawing of which I thought looked inspired by the old Big Track toy or are you referring to the personel carrier from the Prometheus movie?

The one from Prometheus

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Glaive

Glaive

Weird...the APC pictured reminded me of a futuristic A-Team van...

I LOVE it when a plan comes together...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Aug 29, 2011, 01:38:56 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 29, 2011, 01:19:29 PM

The one from Prometheus

wonderful

What, you dont think they look like they belong in the same world?

ThisBethesdaSea

The only thing that looks consistent with Hadleys Hope are the wheels of the vehicle. If anything the vehicle in question is more consistent with general human technology then any sort of direct link to ALIENS.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

This vehicle is like the mashup of Ron Cobb and Syd Mead.  I don't know about you guys but I just love it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed