The Game's Development Story Discussion

Started by Salt The Fries, Feb 08, 2013, 08:18:47 PM

Author
The Game's Development Story Discussion (Read 102,391 times)

Local Trouble

Isn't it possible that y'all are being a little rough on ol' Randy and Gearbox?

Guys?  :-\

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I'm sure all will be forgiven once that film grain toggle is sorted...

ShadowPred

Quote from: RC on Apr 07, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

We're being too nice.

Bjørn Half-hand

Nope

Local Trouble

demonbane

Where do we start?

Used fund to create Alien: Colonial Marines on Borderland 1,2 and Duke Dukem Forever. Check
Constantly lying about their oassion toward the franchise when they had freaking 6 years to work on. Check
Lying about so many stuff like solving plotholes from the movies, and yet dare to charge extra buck for that content in dlc form. Check
Releasing game in unifinished state yet charging full retail price along with season pack, dlc. Check
Deceiving gamers through fake demo that looks far better than the final product. Check.

Now tell me. How can we be generous to Gearbox and Randy Bitchfraud?

ShadowPred

They deserve to be stomped down until they can get back up with dignity.

Local Trouble

SM

SM

QuoteUsed fund to create Alien: Colonial Marines on Borderland 1,2 and Duke Dukem Forever. Check

This was proven?

Xhan

Quote from: demonbane on Apr 07, 2013, 11:07:11 PM

Where do we start?

Used fund to create Alien: Colonial Marines on Borderland 1,2 and Duke Dukem Forever. Check
Constantly lying about their oassion toward the franchise when they had freaking 6 years to work on. Check
Lying about so many stuff like solving plotholes from the movies, and yet dare to charge extra buck for that content in dlc form. Check
Releasing game in unifinished state yet charging full retail price along with season pack, dlc. Check
Deceiving gamers through fake demo that looks far better than the final product. Check.

Half the things you're quoting SEGA did.

demonbane

Quote from: Xhan on Apr 08, 2013, 05:47:22 AM
Quote from: demonbane on Apr 07, 2013, 11:07:11 PM

Where do we start?

Half the things you're quoting SEGA did.
I never said Sega is totally innocent. Hell, I blamed them for daring to demand to put COD elements to this game. That was stupid decision. Why bother obtaining liscense at all if they were to fill more than half of campaign with COD elements when COD kids won't even give a look at the game?
And for Sega releasing unfinished game despite knowing the poor quality has to do with Gearbox lying as well. As far as I know, they were unware of outsourcing.
And deceiving consumers were mostly done by Gearbox. I mean Randy Pitchfraud came to E3 and hyped the game through the demo. So no. Gearbox should take most of blame. One thing gaming industry should learn from this fiasco is good management.

SM

SM

So you're reporting the 'Gearbox took the Aliens money and spent it on Borderlands' rumour as fact then?

TorsoInvader

Quote from: SM on Apr 08, 2013, 11:09:25 PM
So you're reporting the 'Gearbox took the Aliens money and spent it on Borderlands' rumour as fact then?

Im pretty sure it is fact.

All those interviewed employees of timegate/gearbox confirm it.

SM

SM

Whom?

vonVince

vonVince

There's no real evidence that funds from Aliens: Colonial Marines were used to make any other games. This is just the type of conspiracy fanboy mannerism that gives gamers in a general a bad image. No, I'm not happy with the way the game turned out - I was seriously disappointed and upset - but I can move on.

I don't know what really happened to the game (neither do any of you) - we only have bits and pieces. Pointing the finger at Randy is easy enough, but that doesn't solve anything. Gearbox has delivered solid game series like Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, yet you just like to act as if they are the most evil company on Earth. Whatever happened to the game, it is obvious that it isn't solely Gearbox's fault. SEGA for one wanted the game to be more similar to Call of Duty series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed