The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 92,018 times)

ace3g

ace3g

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

True about reshoots generally , but considering the overwhelmingly negative reactions from people who have read the script / seen the screenings I think it's fair to say fox know without change , the film will not be successful. I reckon it's the studio who have pushed for reshoots not black . I could be wrong , but I remember black explaining a few years back that this was going to be a big budget film , so if that's the case and fox have invested heavily, then it's safe to say they are worried , considering early reactions . I don't think it means the film is totally doomed , because after all Shane black is a good director , but I think in terms of box office success, I think it will be the same as predators , alien covenant and Prometheus . People have become used to not expecting much from these franchises. And while we are all die hard fans , most people just want to watch a memorable movie . Unfortunately as much as I enjoy predator and alien as characters , the films over the last 20 years have lacked in creativity and flare. Same as terminator , Jurassic park and many other franchises from the 80s and 90s. 

Mr. Xenomorph

Eh, reshoots are normal. Ghostbusters had reshoots a week or two before the final release and it's still legendary. I won't worry until I get to see this on the big screen.

D88M

Reshoots, test screenings, and test audiences, are dumb, i hate them, any chance of a movie being good gets destroyed after this kind of thing, and the difference of footage is very noticeable.

Hollywood

Quote from: D88M on Feb 04, 2018, 03:14:22 AM
Reshoots, test screenings, and test audiences, are dumb, i hate them, any chance of a movie being good gets destroyed after this kind of thing, and the difference of footage is very noticeable.

How do you know?

Thedutchpredator

I gotta say that fan art work is something special great job!!!!!

MaXenaeL

I thought it was a movie screenshot!  :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hollywood on Feb 04, 2018, 03:38:05 AM
Quote from: D88M on Feb 04, 2018, 03:14:22 AM

How do you know?

He doesn't. It's just hyperbolic fan reaction. This is all standard stuff. Film gets edited and tested, they decide if they need to film additional stuff to fix anything.

SiL

Reshoots this late generally meaning they're changing plot points rather than grabbing pickup shots.

Considering the script, though, this could easily swing either way. They might be removing some of the more contentious issues that people have already complained about sight-unseen, or they might be doubling down on the bullshit. Or something else entirely. We'll find out when the film comes out.

Scorpio

Just read the news post.  Didn't know that image is from the set.  I love that sign, like warning of bears or something. 

So in this movie, predators are that common they have to put up signs?  This takes away a bit of the mystery of the predator, and is likely to piss off fans, but I like it.

Corporal Hicks

No, "on the set" doesn't mean it's actually in the film. It's just one of those "warning, don't enter, filming taking place" posters on the outside doors.

VickersSweat

VickersSweat

all the films you mentioned still made a decent profit especially Prometheus...

BigDaddyJohn

I love the warning stuff ! And i love this predator design ! I would totally be down for it to be the lone predator's design personally.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 04, 2018, 02:34:42 AM
https://twitter.com/JacobTremblay/status/959966848673394689

*Added image. Hicks.

As an FYI as I didn't recognise it. RidgeTop pointed out that this is actually an existing fan made design and not related to the film.

LiveOrganTransplants

LiveOrganTransplants

The original Predator had reshoots and look where we all hold that film today.  Reshoots are a good thing and a natural part of the process.  Productions are complex and sometimes in the edit things don't work out as intended.  If the original Predator hadn't gone through the reshoots it did the film wouldn't have been the same. John McTiernan knew this.  I don't know how Shane Black feels and truthfully why does it matter regardless of what's being redone, reworked, or added.  If all we do is break this movie down before we've seen an inch of it, all we are left with misplaced bad feelings.  I'm personally happy there is another predator film on the horizon.  After Predators I thought that would be it.  I'm glad I was wrong.  There is still a place in the world for the predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed