Trachtenberg Shares New Prey Details, Future Predator Sequels and a New Prey Still Shows Naru Hiding

Started by Darkness, Jun 29, 2022, 05:07:46 PM

Author
Trachtenberg Shares New Prey Details, Future Predator Sequels and a New Prey Still Shows Naru Hiding (Read 16,925 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 06, 2022, 01:11:18 PMTo be fair, it probably is going to get killed by a little girl armed with a few pointy sticks. I'm fine with that if it feels like she earned it though, and this movie gives off strong vibes that that's the story it's telling.

Personally I want the end fight to be her using her light weight to her advantage, and baiting it into a pursuit across flimsy improvised wooden structures that immediately collapse under it, dunking it into either tar or quicksand, then being set alight with flaming arrows. But I'll probably have to keep dreaming on that one.
If Vietnam showed us what some well many placed pointy sticks can do to the strongest and technologically advanced nation during that time, I think this young woman has the capacity to do that and more.

YEYINDE WARRIOR

I hope that one sequel has the predator winning, to be honest. You wouldn't really stand a chance.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 06, 2022, 01:11:18 PM
Quote from: PredatorvsAliens on Jul 06, 2022, 12:58:49 PM
Quote from: Rudiger on Jul 06, 2022, 12:52:30 PMThe Predator is going to get killed by a little girl armed with a few pointy sticks. Wow. That's a bit of a come down for what was once a great movie monster.

have you seen the movie yet ?

To be fair, it probably is going to get killed by a little girl armed with a few pointy sticks. I'm fine with that if it feels like she earned it though, and this movie gives off strong vibes that that's the story it's telling.

Personally I want the end fight to be her using her light weight to her advantage, and baiting it into a pursuit across flimsy improvised wooden structures that immediately collapse under it, dunking it into either tar or quicksand, then being set alight with flaming arrows. But I'll probably have to keep dreaming on that one.

This came pretty close.

[cancerblack]

Master Chief

That was a good guess.

Someone should create a "how do you think it's going to end" thread.  Love the way all of you think.

BlueMarsalis79

I really like how this film turns the previous Predator films inclusion of a female ethnically non-white side-character into the protagonist this time around, how that ethos pervades throughout the whole film, of doing the same thing but another way around right down to the title.

Space_Dementia

I much prefer the mystery and just having stories set within different time periods. For me personally, this is the correct direction to go in.

Side note, and I know this will never happen due to marketing and money, but I would love to have the movies revealed to us as surprises, for example, market a movie as a period piece based on a certain event in history, only for it to slowly reveal itself as a predator movie. Its way too risky but would love it.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Dec 14, 2023, 04:33:59 PMI much prefer the mystery and just having stories set within different time periods. For me personally, this is the correct direction to go in.

Side note, and I know this will never happen due to marketing and money, but I would love to have the movies revealed to us as surprises, for example, market a movie as a period piece based on a certain event in history, only for it to slowly reveal itself as a predator movie. Its way too risky but would love it.

100% support this idea. The best time I saw this done was going to the cinema and seeing the trailer for 'The Woods' - thinking "this looks cool" and being gripped to know more... only to later find out that The Woods was actually really 'Blair Witch' ( as a fan of the Blair Witch franchise it was an additional sweet deal that it happened to be released on my Birthday) 😃 Sure, it wasn't as good as previous entires, but the marketing was on point!

I think they could do something similar with Alien; release a series of shorter mini trailers similar to the 1979 trailer that doesn't show the monster, get everyone discussing what they think it's about etc... on the final teaser trailer introduce a single 'wailing scream' sound effect from the original trailer, to start building hype for those who'd recognise it (that sort of thing).

I love that we have access to so much information collectively online, but I do miss the days when I could be surprised by a trailer;

'Alien Resurrection' teaser came out of the blue, and got me majorly excited during an advance screening of 'An American Werewolf in Paris' back in the day - there had been no magazine coverage up until the teaser started showing. Same with Halloween H20; II recall seeing a poster at the cinema with just the mask, Jamie Lee Curtis' name above it and the tagline "20 years later" - it'd been close to that since the original movie released so I went in and purchased a ticket thinking it was a re-release of the original for its anniversary and a chance to see it on the big screen... to be greeted with a brand new movie!

We don't have any surprises anymore. The internet is both wonderful and at the same time ruins us. 😅

skull-splitter

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 14, 2023, 06:10:08 PM
Quote from: Space_Dementia on Dec 14, 2023, 04:33:59 PMI much prefer the mystery and just having stories set within different time periods. For me personally, this is the correct direction to go in.

100% support this idea. The best time I saw this done was going to the cinema and seeing the trailer for 'The Woods' - thinking "this looks cool" and being gripped to know more... only to later find out that The Woods was actually really 'Blair Witch' ( as a fan of the Blair Witch franchise it was an additional sweet deal that it happened to be released on my Birthday) 😃 Sure, it wasn't as good as previous entires, but the marketing was on point!

I think they could do something similar with Alien; release a series of shorter mini trailers similar to the 1979 trailer that doesn't show the monster, get everyone discussing what they think it's about etc... on the final teaser trailer introduce a single 'wailing scream' sound effect from the original trailer, to start building hype for those who'd recognise it (that sort of thing).

I love that we have access to so much information collectively online, but I do miss the days when I could be surprised by a trailer;

'Alien Resurrection' teaser came out of the blue, and got me majorly excited during an advance screening of 'An American Werewolf in Paris' back in the day - there had been no magazine coverage up until the teaser started showing. Same with Halloween H20; II recall seeing a poster at the cinema with just the mask, Jamie Lee Curtis' name above it and the tagline "20 years later" - it'd been close to that since the original movie released so I went in and purchased a ticket thinking it was a re-release of the original for its anniversary and a chance to see it on the big screen... to be greeted with a brand new movie!

We don't have any surprises anymore. The internet is both wonderful and at the same time ruins us. 😅
To make matters worse, many studios put literal spoilers in trailers, which feeds this weird feedback loop that it put's people in seats in theatre, while this confirmation bias stems from spoilers being put in trailers of films that masses of people will see anyway...

Stitch

Pride and Predator could have been potentially something like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed