Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter

Started by PAS Spinelli, Aug 01, 2023, 03:09:16 PM

Author
Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter (Read 24,136 times)

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 04, 2023, 02:03:59 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 04, 2023, 11:24:18 AMBHVR said a ST like situation will never happen again due to the way they do license deals now

Meaning it won't be limited?
Their licensed chapter contracts will ensure that no chapter ever leaves DBD again, tho I'm not sure when they started the new contracts, but I know Alien for sure will fall under it

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 04, 2023, 02:05:08 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 04, 2023, 02:03:59 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 04, 2023, 11:24:18 AMBHVR said a ST like situation will never happen again due to the way they do license deals now

Meaning it won't be limited?
Their licensed chapter contracts will ensure that no chapter ever leaves DBD again, tho I'm not sure when they started the new contracts, but I know Alien for sure will fall under it

That's good to know
I would have liked to grab the stranger things one but I ain't paying $350 for the physical copy just to get it lol
Don't want to end up in the same boat with alien if I don't grab it right away...

Kailem

Kailem

The Stranger Things stuff is the only time they've lost a major licence in the game, and that seems to be entirely due to Netflix wanting to branch out and do gaming stuff on their own and apparently not being fans of easy money. So I highly doubt the same situation would happen with Alien.

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 04, 2023, 11:51:22 AMSo is the release going to be more likely in a few weeks, months, or next year?
The roadmap they put out a few months ago said we'd be getting a new killer and survivor in August. And given that everything shows up on the PTB first (Public Test Build) before being released about three weeks later, we should get our first look at all the new stuff next Tuesday, with a release most likely on August 29th.

Eal

Eal

Curious to see how they handle the layout of the Nostromo compared to Alien: Isolation.

There's the layout we see in the movie, and ridley's doodles of B and C deck layouts, but it will probably be modified heavily to be more gamey.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah Dead by Daylight doesn't really do "realistic" locations in the sense of trying to make them actually look like a real place with an appropriate layout. Their whole thing is that you're trapped in "the Entity's realm" and it's recreated these places from survivor's memories and stuff, so they're always a bit abstract (for gameplay purposes) rather than one to one accurate recreations of whatever general or specific idea they're based on.

Honestly that's why I was so surprised that the RPD map is so accurate to the Resident Evil 2 remake, albeit with a lot of destroyed walls. But in the case of the Nostromo, I'd imagine it's just going to be a lot of themed corridors with one or two "main" rooms, like the lunch room we saw in the CG teaser and maybe one or two other bigger areas.

Wweyland

Wweyland

While they are doing it, there has to be a Bridge with the Mother room as well.

PAS Spinelli

Alien PTB today!
Expect to see gameplay and everything except cosmetics and final balance changes today

Kailem

Kailem

Should be about 50 minutes to go before everything is revealed!

PAS Spinelli

The power is very disappointing

Kailem

Kailem

It's interesting, though it seems like maybe you move slower in "Runner stance" than in normal? In which case it could make it hard to catch up to and hit survivors in certain circumstances.

Everything's live on the PTB though, so anyone who owns Dead by Daylight on PC can try it out now.

Nightmare Asylum

Cute, I'll give this a go.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Darkness

Darkness

I'm not familiar with the game but that was a fantastic trailer. Great atmosphere. I want a CG series just in that style.

PAS Spinelli

No life cycle, its called of The Xenomorph instead of The Alien, no Weaver likeness, and Alien is for some reason not a stealth killer

Simply_Kevin

I've been watching streams of this chapter since it became available. Everything looks amazing! The only thing I'm not really happy with is the animation used in the game menu when you select the Xeno is the same from Alien Isolation when it comes out of the vent in a twirl. It feels copy + pasted and it's not from any movie so I'm not comfortable with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed