Marvel's Predator Volume 3 - Predator: The Last Hunt

Started by Chieftain Suom, Nov 17, 2023, 01:31:48 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator Volume 3 - Predator: The Last Hunt (Read 6,966 times)

Corporal Hicks

Correction on the title: It's Predator: The Last Hunt

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/predator-series-ed-brisson-francesco-manna

Quote"I'm incredibly excited to be continuing my work on PREDATOR," Brisson said. "This is a book I love dearly. I'm proud of the work we've done in the past two volumes and think readers will be excited to see where we're headed in this third volume. The stakes are higher than they've ever been."

"Theta has been carrying a lot of guilt over the events of the last arc and has made it her mission to find the Predator Stasis Farms and free the hundreds (thousands?) of prisoners being held for the Predators's hunting pleasure—at the same time, her 20 plus years of Predator hunting is all coming to a head as she suddenly finds herself in the crosshairs as it becomes clear that her mission may be a trap," he teased.

XENOMORPHOSIS

I could be mistaken but are the details of the Super Predators or Berserkers from PredatorS and the upgrade mutated hybrid predators from The Predator evocative of Bad bloods in yautja lore?

jacobo1122

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 25, 2023, 03:35:09 PMI could be mistaken but are the details of the Super Predators or Berserkers from PredatorS and the upgrade mutated hybrid predators from The Predator evocative of Bad bloods in yautja lore?

I don't know, but I had also a feeling that it might be the case. The ones from Predators are hunting others from their species, wchich I presume isn't normally allowed, since we rarely see that behaviour. And upgraded Predator is acting more like a thug than a hunter, he isn't interested in hunting, just in artifically making himself stronger and killing for the sake of killing. Of course if we ignore that the movie is implying that most of Predators are doing it. I always thought that only tghat specific upgraded one, or eventually small group lost their way and started those experimentations, and that's why we see a conflict with fugitive. Of course it's better not to think much about story in The Predator, better to just flow with it and have dumb fun.

Chieftain Suom

Predator: The Last Hunt - Issue #2 solicit:

Spoiler
THE RETURN OF JOHN SCHAEFER!

What is Dutch's brother doing on a Predator's game planet in the far reaches of space?! And more importantly – will he get in Theta's way? The lifelong refugee has revenge to serve up – and she is not about to let it get cold. Brisson and Manna's epic adventure continues!
[close]

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Dec 21, 2023, 09:22:11 PMPredator: The Last Hunt - Issue #2 solicit:

Spoiler

What is Dutch's brother doing on a Predator's game planet in the far reaches of space?! And more importantly – will he get in Theta's way? The lifelong refugee has revenge to serve up – and she is not about to let it get cold. Brisson and Manna's epic adventure continues!
[close]
Spoiler

[close]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Dec 21, 2023, 09:22:11 PMPredator: The Last Hunt - Issue #2 solicit:

Spoiler

[close]

The Dark Horse stuff is canon again?!

Or are they picking characters and re-canonizing them like how they did for Star Wars?

Xiggz456

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Dec 21, 2023, 10:33:32 PM

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler

[close]

I'm really hyped on this! Love that Brisson is bringing back OG comic characters

Mr.Turok

This is such a huge win, I'm here all for this! I wonder if we'll see Dutch and his team soon one day.

RakaiThwei

I'm not sure how to feel about them re-canonizing some if not all of the Dark Horse stuff. I mean the comics from Marvel and Dark Horse just... doesn't seem to mesh in my opinion.

SiL

It's not like there was a single unifying canon in the Predator comics beforehand.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2023, 03:56:03 AMIt's not like there was a single unifying canon in the Predator comics beforehand.

From how I read things, I had thought that there was. I mean the way I looked at it, the 2013 reboot with Fire and Stone had lead me to believe they dumped most if not all of the old stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Dec 21, 2023, 10:33:32 PM

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler

[close]

Well this is damn exciting and unexpected! Very very eager for this one! Thoroughly enjoyed The Preserve (felt like Brisson had found his feet with Theta more, she's still the main issue I had with the first arc) so quite keen to see where he goes from here. I feel like this was setup nicely from the cryo-storage angle introduced in The Preserve too.

NotyaYautja29

I'm very excited about this characters return! Gives me hope that some other favorites will be back one day.

Wweyland

We sort of had the "all-star Predator survivors" in the Hunters series. But still, happy about his return.
Just finished "The Preserve TPB" and it was pretty good.

Russ840

Enjoyed the first issue.  Very slow but the last panel is cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed