Predator south China sea

Started by predator elite, Apr 25, 2023, 11:55:20 PM

Author
Predator south China sea (Read 8,426 times)

predator elite

predator elite

Quote from: Retropocalypse on Apr 28, 2023, 05:45:45 PMHere's the link: Predator: South China Sea

Good man 🤘 fandoms best when it comes together

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Thank you! ;D

I also have the other 3 borderline-unobtainable Predator novels (Forever Midnight, Flesh and Blood, and Turnabout) in PDF.

I'd be more than willing to share them too but I don't want to push my luck.

SiL

SiL

I'd love Turnabout if you're open to sending via DM.

Own Forever Midnight, still not read it.

Stitch

Stitch

I'd be interested in them. Still searching online for them at a reasonable price.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I got Jeff VanderMeer to acknowledge my existence on Twitter fairly recently when I told him he wrote the best Predator novel ever written.

I also asked him if he'd ever consider writing an Alien book, and he said yeah "if he came up with a good idea".

Keeping the dream alive!

Wweyland

Wweyland

I also thought that South China Sea was Alex White level quality, but so was Turnabout.
The rise in quality from Forever Midnight is quite amazing, while Flesh and Blood is a very good novel too.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Still remember when I found out everyone was raving about this, I immediately went to get it, even being 2 years late it was more than worth the price.  :P

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Anyone knows why Titan didn't republished DH Press Predator novels in omnibus, just how they did with Bantam ones? Licensing problems? I mean it's a shame, everyone praises South China Sea or Turnabout, but it's almost impossible to get them now. Also it would be cool if Titan published some new Predator novels, If it Bleeds was superb, and I'm yet to read Eyes of the Demon, but some single, longer stories would be good. Especially when they do such a great job with Aliens noveld. Yeah, they had some stinkers and middling ones recently, but overall, they have great Catalogue of books.

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Jun 25, 2023, 09:41:10 AMAnyone knows why Titan didn't republished DH Press Predator novels in omnibus, just how they did with Bantam ones? Licensing problems? I mean it's a shame, everyone praises South China Sea or Turnabout, but it's almost impossible to get them now. Also it would be cool if Titan published some new Predator novels, If it Bleeds was superb, and I'm yet to read Eyes of the Demon, but some single, longer stories would be good. Especially when they do such a great job with Aliens noveld. Yeah, they had some stinkers and middling ones recently, but overall, they have great Catalogue of books.

No one knows for certain, but it is strongly believed to be licensing problems... It might have been the case that Titan only purchased the rights to DH Press' Alien novels, but passed on their Predator ones.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I am a bit burned out by the Predator Anthology books and would love to see something like this get released again. Even if it's just a re-release.

Russ840

Russ840

This is amazing. Thank you

Marc505

Marc505

Just finished reading this for the first time. Thank you @Retropocalypse for the upload and @Corporal Hicks for sanctioning it!

By far the best Predator novel I've read. So many interesting elements and little features about the Predator, it's habits and weaponry. Lots of compelling characters also.

The ring that instantly turns prey into skeletons, ingenious! And the depth and number of descriptions of previous hunts throughout the universe, too.

Only criticism I'd possibly have is a thing I find any time a written piece pits a Predator against massed numbers of enemies, it kind of just becomes a repetitive torrent of endless kills that lose their effect after a while, but this only lasts a few pages.

Overall, great book that really shows the Predator as a truly vicious, terrifying, malevolent force. Definitely one to be revisited again and again.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Finally got around to this a few days ago. It's instantly in my top 5 bits of Predator media, including the films.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Damn right, CB. Glad to hear it's still loved.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I read this about 4 years ago and still think about it, a lot.
Amazing book bulging with energy.
Somehow, I missed that Dutch reference though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed