Predalien: in principle or in practice?

Started by DoomRulz, Jun 05, 2008, 04:19:07 AM

Author
Predalien: in principle or in practice? (Read 29,644 times)

SM

SM

More or less.  Maybe some subtle differences.  Mandibles, dreads and boobies aren't subtle.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What would you change?

SM

SM

Bit broader across the shoulders maybe.  And put the mandibles on the inner jaw.  Not much more than that.

DoomRulz

Hm, I'd say keep the increased height. If it's the same size, people won't know its a PA. The broader shoulders wouldn't be terribly noticeable and given how quick the inner jaw comes in and out, we probably wouldn't notice those either.

SM

SM

Hence - subtle.

DoomRulz

Yes, but they're too subtle IMO.

SM

SM

And the current piece of poo is too over the top IMO.

Private Hudson

I think that the PA should be more skeletal and black, leave the mandibles, I think it should have the dreads as longs as they're not to long, or very noticable.

The Hunter

The mandibles and dreads are only what should define it as different. It should be identical to other except for those two things. The mandibles should be apart of the face, just like a predator. The dreads would need to be done like in avp2: pull them back and have them form the back of the head, instead of hang. This way, you keep the long head, except some of it is dreads. And there would also need to be mandibles on the inner-jaws, because those are smaller replicas of the big jaws.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2008, 04:48:46 AM
And the current piece of poo is too over the top IMO.

Well that one was hardly subtle, so point taken.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 10, 2008, 07:32:39 AM
The second one just looks like a Predator wearing an Alien suit for Halloween.
Agreed :-\ The first one looks much better.

scar hunter

scar hunter

The skin: The Skin should be coloured in muted shades of black, blue or bronze like the original Alien design because they did not get human skin colour or animal fur.

The body: The body should remain tall, slim and boney like the other Aliens. Not thick, meaty and muscular.

The dreadlocks: Alien doesn't get hair from human or animal hosts so there's no need for them.

The Vocals: The Alien did not get any vocal sounds from the humans, the dog or the ox in Alien 3 Extended.

Reproduction: If the Predalien is a queen why change the reproduction process, it makes no sense. The Strause brothers said something about we don't know how Predator have sex. I thought the Predators have sex the same way as we do. What about when the queen comes from a human host, that didn't change her reproducing process. It was also said in Alien Resurrection that the queen take few days to reproduce, not a day.

Mandibles: I question this one a lot because the Alien that came from the ox didn't have horns so I don't think the alien follows the bone structure of its host. 

No Predator behaviour:  The alien didn't play with a dog toy in Alien 3 so why would the Predalien rip the spine (or skin its victims)?

I think 20th Fox should have hired H. R. Giger and Stan Winston to make the Predalien.

Private Hudson

I drew a pic once of what I'd like a PA to look like but I lost it. :-\

Purebreedalien

It should have looked like the Predalien from the AvP2 game.

DoomRulz

That one wasn't much better; it had pecs and the dreads were still unnecessary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed