Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,381 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

You can totally have a few scenes that you dislike in a movie, and end up liking the movie overall. A good example for me is the final fight with Harrigan and the city hunter in predator 2. I'm not a fan of it, but overall i love the movie.

Preds in pants is not a concept i'm fond of, but there is plenty of room for other cool stuff in this movie in order to be enjoyable. I get that the idea of preds in pants is worst than a hand to hand combat between a predator and a L.A cop, but still, if the movie has more to offer than that, it could still be good overall.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic I'm not being passive aggressive, I'm saying I never said "if you were a fan " i don't like it when people rewrite what iv said and put words in my mouth that I haven't said .

It isn't what I said so it becomes your opinion not mine . That does not mean I'm being passive aggressive. Cmon bro , I might like predator a bit too much but it's not enough to fall out with people over .

I understand my writing style is direct and to the point . It's the only way I know how to write!  😂

Big daddy john .. its way deeper than predators in human clothes , if the rumour on how it ends and why they come here proves to be true , I call
Straight up bs on this one .

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 02, 2018, 03:44:06 PM
Azamultic I'm not being passive aggressive, I'm saying I never said "if you were a fan " i don't like it when people rewrite what iv said and put words in my mouth that I haven't said .

It isn't what I said so it becomes your opinion not mine . That does not mean I'm being passive aggressive. Cmon bro , I might like predator a bit too much but it's not enough to fall out with people over .

I understand my writing style is direct and to the point . It's the only way I know how to write!  😂

Big daddy john .. its way deeper than predators in human clothes , if the rumour on how it ends and why they come here proves to be true , I call
Straight up bs on this one .

All the DNA stuff seems to be tuned down from the test screenings though, so who knows

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hopefully that will be the case my friend ;)

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 01, 2018, 09:12:10 PM
Avengers Infinity War had its first trailer on Nov. 29 with a release date of April 27. That's 4 months, 30 days between.
Solo had its first trailer on Feb 4 2018 with a release date of May 25. That's 3 months, 21 days between.
Ant Man 2 had its first trailer on January 30 2018 with a release date of July 6. That's 5 months, 7 days between.
Rampage had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 13. That's 4 months, 29 days between.
Skyscraper had its first trailer on February 4 with a release date of July 13. That's 5 months, 10 days between.
A Quiet Place had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 6. That's 4 months, 22 days between.

The Predator has an expected trailer on about April 15 with a release date of September 14. That's 5 months and in the same ballpark of timing with all the other big movies listed above.
I did some more digging into even more recent hits and found The Predator's trailer really isn't late at all.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was released 5 months, 3 days after its first trailer.

Logan was released 4 months, 10 days after its first trailer

Get Out was released 4 months, 22 days after its first trailer

It was released 5 months, 11 days after its first trailer.

Baby Driver was released 3 months, 18 days after its first trailer.

Jumanji was released 5 months, 22 days after its first trailer.

Furious 7 was released 5 months, 3 days after its first trailer.

I think we get the point. The trailer isn't being hidden and the marketing schedule is in line with most everything else. I don't share the concern or speculation that Fox is sweeping this under the rug. Chances are we will see a heavy push in San Diego when the comic convention hits in the late summer to.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Stealth hunter I would usually agree with you , but when everything is combined that has come out in the last year and half it doesn't look good . Sure I accept the trailer is dropping on time . I was wrong about that , so I'm glad you have corrected me .

I sincerely hope big daddy john is right and they have toned the elements that sound god awful down .

Of course that in itself could be a problem because the new shots might appear jarring and rushed .

Not long now anyway , the moment of truth is not far away , and we will be talking about it for years to come .

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Speaking about Predators in human clothes. . I was thinking all the time that its just a bad, early photo where we see an actor in half of the Predator costume between shots or something, but it really seems that even smaller parts on them, such as wires etc. are all man-made. I am 100% convinced that its legit. I dont even want to think about the reason of why they have it, its a tragedy for me. . Predator in pants! Who can create such a parody. They would be like human CIA pets. But, to the point. . I want to say here, that I just honestly cant understand how anyone can seriously accept this ugly, horrible idea (Predator in pants, human clothes) Jesus! Maybe that I will survive the whole idea of Predators riding on top of the armored vehicle. . ok. But I will never understand why the director needed a Predators equiped with a human parts in his story, guys. . even if the movie will be seriously good enough, this will always remain as a biggest BS.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

What? All the DNA stuff seems to be tuned down from the test screenings? Is there any confirmation about this? Who find this info?

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER
"Cmon bro , I might like predator a bit too much but it's not enough to fall out with people over .I understand my writing style is direct and to the point . It's the only way I know how to write!  😂"
I understand you my friend.
I don't want to twist your word and it wasnt my intentions, it's just I got really interested in the word "fan". But I am really lasy to debate right now, so I will just be quiet and read your comments guys (for now)   ;)
No bad feelings brother!  :)

Original Predator

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 02, 2018, 04:27:52 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 01, 2018, 09:12:10 PM
Avengers Infinity War had its first trailer on Nov. 29 with a release date of April 27. That's 4 months, 30 days between.
Solo had its first trailer on Feb 4 2018 with a release date of May 25. That's 3 months, 21 days between.
Ant Man 2 had its first trailer on January 30 2018 with a release date of July 6. That's 5 months, 7 days between.
Rampage had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 13. That's 4 months, 29 days between.
Skyscraper had its first trailer on February 4 with a release date of July 13. That's 5 months, 10 days between.
A Quiet Place had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 6. That's 4 months, 22 days between.

The Predator has an expected trailer on about April 15 with a release date of September 14. That's 5 months and in the same ballpark of timing with all the other big movies listed above.
I did some more digging into even more recent hits and found The Predator's trailer really isn't late at all.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was released 5 months, 3 days after its first trailer.

Logan was released 4 months, 10 days after its first trailer

Get Out was released 4 months, 22 days after its first trailer

It was released 5 months, 11 days after its first trailer.

Baby Driver was released 3 months, 18 days after its first trailer.

Jumanji was released 5 months, 22 days after its first trailer.

Furious 7 was released 5 months, 3 days after its first trailer.

I think we get the point. The trailer isn't being hidden and the marketing schedule is in line with most everything else. I don't share the concern or speculation that Fox is sweeping this under the rug. Chances are we will see a heavy push in San Diego when the comic convention hits in the late summer to.

I don't think the trailer is "late".  It's just us fans wanting something to knaw on since the push-back.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 02, 2018, 06:49:21 PM
I don't think the trailer is "late".  It's just us fans wanting something to knaw on since the push-back.

Yea the push back has made me very desprate to see footage.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Apr 02, 2018, 05:05:46 PM
Speaking about Predators in human clothes. . I was thinking all the time that its just a bad, early photo where we see an actor in half of the Predator costume between shots or something, but it really seems that even smaller parts on them, such as wires etc. are all man-made. I am 100% convinced that its legit. I dont even want to think about the reason of why they have it, its a tragedy for me. . Predator in pants! Who can create such a parody. They would be like human CIA pets. But, to the point. . I want to say here, that I just honestly cant understand how anyone can seriously accept this ugly, horrible idea (Predator in pants, human clothes) Jesus! Maybe that I will survive the whole idea of Predators riding on top of the armored vehicle. . ok. But I will never understand why the director needed a Predators equiped with a human parts in his story, guys. . even if the movie will be seriously good enough, this will always remain as a biggest BS.

You do know that they also use human weapons in the script ?

funk_master_chunk

Preds in pants is ridiculous. NO two ways about it.

I keep thinking to the toy line mentioned a while back which had one of the Preds listed as "Emissary Predator" and, while I think that's going to be the Upgrade -  I can't help but dread that 'emissary' might be used in the more diplomatic sense; and that there's going to be some 'happy-go-lucky' relationship between Preds & Humans where they co-habit and we allow Preds to hunt on earth in exchange for advanced weaponry/tech etc.

Then there'll be a tenuous link to how/why Royce et al. were 'abducted' in Predators.

That's a concern I have. But, ATM, I just want a trailer.

Thedutchpredator

That's why I'm hanging on the hope the leaked pictures are a joke. I can sleep at night that way!!!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Apr 02, 2018, 08:35:57 PM
Preds in pants is ridiculous. NO two ways about it.

I keep thinking to the toy line mentioned a while back which had one of the Preds listed as "Emissary Predator" and, while I think that's going to be the Upgrade -  I can't help but dread that 'emissary' might be used in the more diplomatic sense; and that there's going to be some 'happy-go-lucky' relationship between Preds & Humans where they co-habit and we allow Preds to hunt on earth in exchange for advanced weaponry/tech etc.

Then there'll be a tenuous link to how/why Royce et al. were 'abducted' in Predators.

That's a concern I have. But, ATM, I just want a trailer.

Well, that's what emissary means... And they are two listed under this name in IMDB's casting list... So no it isn't the upgrade.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed