Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,365 times)

skull-splitter

Not knowing, in this day and age, means shutting off all social media in effect. People just plaster shots and latest rumors online as soon as they can.

FiorinaFury161

Spoiler
If you zoom in close enough, you can make out the camouflaged Predator :o
[close]

Flap Jack

Flap Jack

On the right side of the picture or am i imagining it now?

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

D88M

D88M

About damn time they remember to actually promote the movie

Huggs

Huggs

Great news. I'm actually getting really excited for this movie now that they've done the re-shoots, and I'm looking forward to the first teaser trailer. That being said, I don't agree with the whole "going in knowing nothing" being cool thing. Kind of seems like bad timing for that statement. I hope that isn't code for a lack of confidence in the product, or making the trailer date. Like Dutch said "bad idea".

In any other situation, I'd tell somebody saying such, "so it sucks and you'd rather I not know about it until it's too late huh?" As a consumer, I prefer to know as much as possible about what I'm paying to see, before I fork over my money and time. Those are two things that kind of don't come back once they're gone.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Yeah, it's generally not a good sign when they try to hide the film for too long. There's being secretive and then there's being scared that the movie is going to get huge backlash.

Huggs

Huggs

Well, when a movie just went through reshoots, and was delayed, responding to that with any mention of something like,

"Wouldn't it be cool to go in knowing nothing?    :-)"

does not really inspire confidence. That whole thing sounds like a roundabout way of saying "No man, it's all good, but, if it wasn't, I mean...that wouldn't really be....so bad....would it?" No offense, but in the age of movies like Iron Man 3 and Alien Covenant, yes sir I'd rather know what I'll be seeing. I have confidence we'll get something quite unique, but I'm really starting to wonder what's going on creatively behind the scenes now.

Somewhere out there, somebody is following this situation and screaming ALIEN 3! ALIEN 3!  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 31, 2018, 06:50:25 PM
Yeah, it's generally not a good sign when they try to hide the film for too long. There's being secretive and then there's being scared that the movie is going to get huge backlash.

Who says they're hiding anything? Makes sense that they've not started the market push yet. Not many September releases have.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2018, 07:27:49 PM
Who says they're hiding anything? Makes sense that they've not started the market push yet. Not many September releases have.

I was speaking in general.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 31, 2018, 07:49:45 PM

I was speaking in general.

Well, there you go. Hicks is a corporal. I can speak colonel, but I'm only semi-fluent :D

Hollywood

Hollywood

I think the "Wouldn't it be cool to go in knowing nothing?  :-)" part of his tweet stems from the question that was asked of him. So much has changed since the days when people knew next to nothing until a trailer hit. Now a random person asked him if a certain rumor was true regarding a change in the story and relationships behind the camera.

Fans seemingly have all info and not even a snippet of footage has been released yet.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Well it's about time but I have to agree with huggs on this one . When we think about it , there are a lot of highly anticipated films coming out this year , the predator has a lot of competition, you would think fox would of started the marketing late last year if it had a chance to compete , the fact it's so late tells me fox isn't holding this film with high regard , there's the sloppy leaked script , the fact there was bad screenings, and suddenly reshoots , When they are combined it's not a terribly good sign really . I sincerely hope this film is unforgettable, but I can't help but think this film will flop , after all the disappointments in the last 15 years , it's now become a thorn in my side ... to expect the worst.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Exactly. It is not as if rushing out a trailer like 'Venom' did would be beneficial.

Last year's September films had their trailers released on March 29th ('IT' which hit theaters on Sept. 3rd) and April 24th ('Kingsmen 2' which hit theaters on September 22nd). The Predator is right on schedule for the marketing. This has been brought up and seemingly ignored multiple times on this thread.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hollywood , Venom isn't rushing a trailer out though , in fact the teaser gave next to nothing away . Sony are going to blow people away with venom !

And I don't agree , all the big films coming this year all had trailers last year , so why is the predator any different and not trying to compete ? If fox was really confident about this film , they would be pushing this film as hard as they possibly could , they also would of made it a summer blockbuster , but the simple reality is they haven't  , Why ?

Its the same as 2010s predators , barely any marketing happened, some people were not even aware it was out , and while I do think this film will break even at the box office , it sure as hell is going to split fans right down the middle .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed