ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 154,353 times)

DC

DC

Yeah the only logical reason I can come up with is that she had some sort of memory-wipe/trauma. I hope it's something cooler though, something more creative than that.

predxeno

The alternate histories dished out by writers usually don't end very well written so I don't feel too confident about this. :(

Xeno

Xeno

I've done an interview with Tim too. If you like, you can read it here: http://bit.ly/11ZYNup Enjoy it!

predxeno

Thanks for the link, loved the interview.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, thanks for the interview. I'm at least a little hopeful that the other novels may branch out a bit, based on what Tim said about writing the first and therefore getting to do a Ripley story. Could be interpreted as the others not being about Ripley.

Maybe one of the sequels will be about what happened to Morse after Alien 3...

Xenomrph

Cool, thanks for posting that interview! It's interesting that FOX were the ones who commissioned the series, and I also smiled when the big C word got thrown around in the interview. :P

I wish the interview had asked if there would be any Prometheus references in the series, though...

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 15, 2013, 12:13:49 AM
I wish the interview had asked if there would be any Prometheus references in the series, though...

AvP2D: Can fans expect any Prometheus references, since Ridley Scott's movie takes place in the same fictional universe as the Alien-Saga?

Tim: Eagle-eyed readers might spot one or two references, but it's not overt.

SM

SM

Stay tuned for ep 13 of AvPG Podcast.

predxeno

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 15, 2013, 12:13:49 AM
Cool, thanks for posting that interview! It's interesting that FOX were the ones who commissioned the series, and I also smiled when the big C word got thrown around in the interview. :P

Yeah, despite that there will still be fans saying otherwise; especially after A:CM's similar claim.

SM

SM

I don't see any way that is remotely convincing that this would work.  Sounds like a recipe for continuity disaster.

I'd love to be surprised though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 13, 2013, 06:37:14 AM
Hate to critique a story before it is released but damn, I hate all this lets revisit old characters and give them secret histories nonsense that seems to be prevalent in every Alien story nowadays.

We couldn't call it prevalent, surely? - we've had A:CM and Hicks so far unless I'm missing something? That said, I was thinking that this might not go down well.

Quote from: DC on Aug 13, 2013, 11:04:42 AM
Yeah the only logical reason I can come up with is that she had some sort of memory-wipe/trauma. I hope it's something cooler though, something more creative than that.

I imagine it'll have something to do with the cryotube.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 13, 2013, 02:12:28 PM
Maybe one of the sequels will be about what happened to Morse after Alien 3...

I've wanted this for so long! I really do hope we get that.

I am defintely going to pick the novel up and I'm going to go into it open-minded. I'm interested to see what he does with Ash (I love robot stories lately) and I'd like to see how it's all handled.

DC

DC

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2013, 05:34:39 PM
I imagine it'll have something to do with the cryotube.

Possibly a side effect of being in there so long? I don't see how it would make sense, considering she was in the exact same state at the beginning of Aliens and the end of Alien.
Better be a d*mn good reason why none of this is mentioned in Aliens.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 13, 2013, 06:37:14 AM
Hate to critique a story before it is released but damn, I hate all this lets revisit old characters and give them secret histories nonsense that seems to be prevalent in every Alien story nowadays.

We couldn't call it prevalent, surely? - we've had A:CM and Hicks so far unless I'm missing something? That said, I was thinking that this might not go down well.

Alien should be omitted.

SM

SM

QuoteI'm interested to see what he does with Ash (I love robot stories lately) and I'd like to see how it's all handled.

That is one thing I am interested in.  Possibly the only thing.

Ripley's Forgotten Adventures (TM) does not thrill me.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 13, 2013, 02:12:28 PMMaybe one of the sequels will be about what happened to Morse after Alien 3...

I've wanted this for so long! I really do hope we get that.
:) I'm not sure you could write a whole story around him, but he could definitely be a supporting character. The novelization of Resurrection tells us he writes about his experiences on Fiorina, so Weyland-Yutani clearly don't off him.

I've still got this book on pre-order, but I admit my enthusiasm for it has dropped sharply. Still, so long as it's well-written I'll probably enjoy it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed