Who still plays AVP2 for PC in 2013?!?!?

Started by Fluffy Cuddlz, Jan 04, 2013, 01:55:04 PM

Author
Who still plays AVP2 for PC in 2013?!?!? (Read 9,410 times)

(5/10)Wicked

I didn't know this game still is going i thought it was disconnected in 2008. I would love to play this once again its been forever for me. Always been my favorite game. Once i get home internet within the next month i would so be down to play AVP2 again. I used to love playing survivor in the (5/10) Strength and Honor server. Ah those teenage memories i would love to relive

x-M-x

Quote from: (5/10)Wicked on Jul 21, 2013, 10:59:46 PM
I didn't know this game still is going i thought it was disconnected in 2008. I would love to play this once again its been forever for me. Always been my favorite game. Once i get home internet within the next month i would so be down to play AVP2 again. I used to love playing survivor in the (5/10) Strength and Honor server. Ah those teenage memories i would love to relive

lol holy shit, 5/10 clan lmao  :D i remember you guys had like 5/6 servers with 5/10 in the name

-- Good times

Here this link is VERY IMPORTANT FOR AVP2 PLAY

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1276008198/0#0

Enjoy.

(5/10)Wicked

Quote from: x-M-x on Jul 22, 2013, 06:27:57 AM
Quote from: (5/10)Wicked on Jul 21, 2013, 10:59:46 PM

lol holy shit, 5/10 clan lmao  :D i remember you guys had like 5/6 servers with 5/10 in the name

-- Good times

Here this link is VERY IMPORTANT FOR AVP2 PLAY

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1276008198/0#0

Enjoy.

Yup that was us. We had the best survivor games I must say lol. Thank you for the link I will be seeing you guys soon I hope

SIMULANT

it's really nice to see that people still play this online, can't believe how long ago it was since I last played it. I have some screenshots somewhere of end of match scores would be interesting to see if anyone in the pictures are on this forum.

My first name I used was unknown but my permanent one became Quest. Also used to play for a clan called Retired Warriors my tag was [RW]Quest

Drop me a message if you recognize the name.

SIMULANT out

(5/10)Wicked

Got on yesterday no servers or ppl on will try again in an hour our so

PsyKore

I played a bit recently. Game still plays very well. Still looks decent too, surprisingly.

It's funny thinking about how much hardware has changed in the last 10 or more years (I was running a 64MB GeForce 2 at the time this game was released, haha!) - reminds me how old this game really is - yet this game still just feels very natural and really good.

x-M-x

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 06, 2013, 01:08:57 PM
I played a bit recently. Game still plays very well. Still looks decent too, surprisingly.

It's funny thinking about how much hardware has changed in the last 10 or more years (I was running a 64MB GeForce 2 at the time this game was released, haha!) - reminds me how old this game really is - yet this game still just feels very natural and really good.

christ... you played? memories!!!

So hows F4AR? 2017 Release ya? :P

Looking forward to it man.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

I just noticed that the master server patch updated to 1.5.4. Servers are now showing up again.

There are about 20 people online right now at 11am.

*edit* as the day goes on more people are showing up too. Im glad to see the online community is still kickin.

(( Ghost ))

Here's a site to check to see which servers are up and if anyone is playing in them. It's better than booting the game and then checking them manually.

http://89.167.22.131/avp/

piff

where is the patch for the new savior mod... I thought AVP2 had died, I couldnt see any servers. Where is the link?

(( Ghost ))

Quote from: piff on Aug 13, 2013, 12:11:00 AM
where is the patch for the new savior mod... I thought AVP2 had died, I couldnt see any servers. Where is the link?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=47578.0

piff

Quote from: (( Ghost )) on Aug 13, 2013, 12:26:29 AM
Quote from: piff on Aug 13, 2013, 12:11:00 AM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=47578.0

the update broke the servers showing up on xfire.

instead of going through the game and looking, it was easier to see who was on and who was playing.

if it aint broke dont fix it but what ever,.

TheMonolith

Finally got it to work on my computer so and play it all the time.
Has a funny glitch though. The Alien night vision and Pred Tech have had the inverted colors corrected.

x-M-x

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 20, 2013, 01:24:27 PM
Finally got it to work on my computer so and play it all the time.
Has a funny glitch though. The Alien night vision and Pred Tech have had the inverted colors corrected.

it isn't a glitch, it's your GPU - keep in mind avp2 is 10+ years old... modern graphics cards can complain.

PRJ_since1990

Just jumped on to play a game. Pleasantly surprised by the number of people playing! Had a great match. Never let this game die folks!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed