AL(I)EN LEGACY

Started by Le Celticant, Aug 04, 2010, 04:34:46 PM

Author
AL(I)EN LEGACY (Read 8,225 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

AC.com and AL.com, sorry I don't know thus.
True, Mikey'shope capture the right feeling, mostly due to the light and to the placement of location.
I'm approaching some sort of feeling but in a harder way. I hope to make a vent system better than in my previous map (lc_weyland-yutani_station) which was a pain for the design.

About Kane's blood on the table... whatever  ::)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Got the link to that previous map?

I think the blood thing is a cool idea.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Of the map alone? No, it's included in my lastest mappack:
http://aliensvspredator2.filefront.com/file/Le_Celticants_Mappack;97956

By the way, I've made several progress with the med-lab.
Let's hope I can take some snapshot for tonight.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 07, 2010, 03:51:52 PM
Got the link to that previous map?

I think the blood thing is a cool idea.

Quote from: Le Celticant on Aug 07, 2010, 03:51:04 PM
AC.com and AL.com, sorry I don't know thus.
True, Mikey'shope capture the right feeling, mostly due to the light and to the placement of location.
I'm approaching some sort of feeling but in a harder way. I hope to make a vent system better than in my previous map (lc_weyland-yutani_station) which was a pain for the design.

About Kane's blood on the table... whatever  ::)

Aliens Collection And Alien Legacy.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Oh yeah, I know thus, just didn't notice they were called ac.com (I thought it was a drug website  :D ) and al.com
I already have a load of screens that help me for the building part don't worry.
It won't be accurate at 100% of course but you can feel the atmosphere from the movie pretty well.
At least, that's the report from friends who tested a small section of the map.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

A small update:

Basic of the med lab is done, I just have now to complete the level with details.
I'm pretty much satisfied of the lighting too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looking good so far. When you starting work on the Hive?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

When I'll start the atmosphere processor.
I start with the colony and I want to complete it first with all the necessary works it involves (meanings I want to finish the colony with the lighting, the details, the interactivity as placeable sentry gun, etc.) and then I'll attack another part (probably the Derelict & Landscape part).
I'll release an Alpha version and I'll dedicate a server when the colony will be done for people to try it out and send feedback.

As you probably notice, the map is far from be done, it's about months.
The other maps should take less time since they are smaller.

Let's hope I find enough strength for this.
I wish so much to do what I'm doing on AVP3... but no SDK, no modders happy  ::)

Xhan

Xhan

Well, if we're lucky, just consider it a practical alpha until A:CM.

If SEGA can get their head out of their ass.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Plop!

More coming soon.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

For Hadley's Hope, you gonna have Newt's nest?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 11, 2010, 10:29:51 PM
For Hadley's Hope, you gonna have Newt's nest?

Obviously yes.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's coming along very nicely. I eagerly await more.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I'm taking an approach to the map close to the 'sUk-Stronghold' one from IMP Hunter.
What does this mean? If you dunno 'sUk-Stronghold' which I highly request you to download and play, this is what I plan:
-Breakable door for Alien
-Possibility to use some switch (after all, Alien's aren't that dumb, they showed that they were able to open / close door)
-Sentry gun Placeable (You'll have to open a create, torch the turret, then goes to the CC and activate the reliable computer to the turret to make thus work)
-Barricade! I'm thinking to have the possibility to place / create barricade.
-Power generator that can be turned down if Alien destroy them. There'll be some automatic system like the red light in medlab and CC but you'll also have the option as a USCM to repair the damage generator with your tools.
-Breakable lights
-Doors working (but ping must be stable, if not, it'll be a mess since MP doesn't fully support this object)
-Secret room accessible after doing some objectives.
-Dig tunnel as an Alien.
-I'll probably experiment some kind of 'Hive molting' that IMP used in his BETA of suk 2 in some part of the colony. It could be fun.
-Torchable door like in ALIENS to lock them.

I won't spoil everything.

About update, I started the vent system that goes from the CC/Medlab to the landing site.
I'll begin Newt nest soon and give you some screen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm excited already. That sounds like a cracking map.

Throwing it out there but new weapon...PR & Flame Thrower taped together? Not sure if that's doable?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed