AvP2 Online Servers Shut Down

Started by Xhan, Oct 08, 2008, 05:43:37 PM

Author
AvP2 Online Servers Shut Down (Read 31,226 times)

jegu

jegu

Or just go to Command Prompt and write ipconfig.... Will give IP address of your computer....

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's your network IP, it might not actually be your internet IP. When I do ipconfig, I get an IP of 192.168.1.100, but when I go to whatismyip.com I get an IP that's totally different.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 12, 2008, 02:43:09 PM
That's your network IP, it might not actually be your internet IP. When I do ipconfig, I get an IP of 192.168.1.100, but when I go to whatismyip.com I get an IP that's totally different.

or just look in ya router settings?

lol

so many methods...... so little time

;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hey I never said I was good at this shit. ;D

In fact, I haven't gotten direct-IP multiplayer to work with AvP1. I've done port forwarding for my router, and even set up my PC with a static IP address (at least, I think I did). I still can't seem to connect to friends' direct-IP games, or have them connect to mine. :(

AWC 3117

AWC 3117

Sucks for all the people that still play it. Almost like a piece of them is dieing. I never played multiplayer but i've always played single player, in fact im going to play it right now...    while listening to Pink Floyd!!!!!!!!! They rule!!! :)

Razziel

Razziel

You mean with Roger Waters or without him?

Herr_Alien

Herr_Alien

Yes, Sierra pulled the plug on the old master server. It is high time for lithfaq.com (http://www.lithfaq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=426&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40), the home of the new master server!

To continue playing AvP2 just as you played it before this day, you'll only need to download and install this particular modification:

http://master.lithfaq.com/download/AvP2SMSInstall_v1.1.zip

This will allow you to play AvP2 over the internet just like you used to. Heck, Rommie already prepared a server for us:

That screenshot was taken minutes ago.

AvP2 gets to live.

XenoVC

XenoVC

: audience clapping:

x-M-x

x-M-x

Much to fix tho man

-1 ping and unknown maps? lol

hope you can fix them !

keep up the good work !!

x-M-x

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

WHY GOD!?  WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! :'(

BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Nov 19, 2008, 06:29:59 PM
WHY GOD!?  WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! :'(

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Siilon

Siilon

Hi, this is my first message in the this forum.
I know what netiquette says abuout the first message of a new user in a forum, but what I've read in this post seves me.Thank You so much for the infos and pathes  :-*

Siilon

Purebreedalien

I will definately download this mod.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Can some one tell me how to use this mod please?

Xhan

Xhan

http://master.lithfaq.com/download/AvP2SMSInstall_v1.2.zip

Start up the game, click on options

In your "always specify these command line parameters" field put

-rez AVP25.rez

and check the box next to it.

Voila. If you put other custom stuff, make sure that "-rez AVP25.rez" is the last one in the list.

Make sure UAC is OFF when you unzip and run it.

That's basically it. You should be able to see those servers that have the patch installed and play on them.

what os do you have?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed