Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,078 times)

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: Pauk -d Paya on Feb 26, 2010, 01:05:53 AM
@porkusmaximus no one can hear your alien hiss only you (REB) trigger mentioned this, the hisses you hear are artificial they added them for atmosphere

Rebellion obviously don't know their own game very well.  Whenever an Alien is near you, you will hear it growling.  It's especially noticeable on the Pyramid map when the Aliens are on the floors above or below you, or on the other side of a wall.

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 26, 2010, 02:50:02 AM
Rebellion obviously don't know their own game very well.  Whenever an Alien is near you, you will hear it growling.  It's especially noticeable on the Pyramid map when the Aliens are on the floors above or below you, or on the other side of a wall.

This is 100% true...anytime I play as Predator or Marine the second I hear that deep growl / rumble breathing I know an alien is very close and one always pops into view in the next couple of seconds or I look around as Pred and see bits of green alien body parts sticking out from under ledges or around objects, run around and kill them.

It's a serious disadvantage on the Alien's part for a species that relies solely on stealth, especially with it's other main strength, the prey 'halo' vision being underpowered as it is.

Cheers!

Valheru

ColdDeadEyes

Quote from: Valheru on Feb 26, 2010, 03:04:30 AM

This is 100% true...anytime I play as Predator or Marine the second I hear that deep growl / rumble breathing I know an alien is very close and one always pops into view in the next couple of seconds or I look around as Pred and see bits of green alien body parts sticking out from under ledges or around objects, run around and kill them.

It's a serious disadvantage on the Alien's part for a species that relies solely on stealth, especially with it's other main strength, the prey 'halo' vision being underpowered as it is.

Cheers!

Valheru

did ya ever notice that a good pred player alwaysd turns around when your tryin to sneak up on him? thats the alien random "hi, im here" sound given you away mate :) sucks ass!

Adey

Adey

but you all said it yourselves, you hear it when there is a wall between you! its not actually the player, everytime i hear it i check my six and there is never anything there, think about it if theres a wall between you and your a pred/marine how do you know its the player only aliens can see through walls and cos its random there is gonna be the occasional coincidence where someone is actually behind you.

Valheru

Valheru

I know mine are not coincidences, every single time this happens. And if you read my post you would see I mention on the other side of ledges that you can check under or objects you can check around and you can also see parts of them sticking out like daylight in the preds vision mode for aliens, not solid walls. Other times it is actually a simple case of turning around and there's one sitting there on the ground or wall watching you, thinking you don't realise he's there except the growl has just given him away without himself realising this.

It has been noted by a REB person that there are ambient background noises to add atmosphere on some maps but this is definitely not that.

Cheers!

Valheru

Brother

Brother

If an alien is in a given radius around you - you always hear the growl - sux and gives yor position away/makes your presence known. And when the alien taunts/hisses it can be heard from a very long distance across the map.

athlonix

athlonix

Quote from: MisterGone on Feb 25, 2010, 03:55:55 PM

Signed by a PS3 player

What the hell are you talking about? i'm a PC player thanks, I don't even own a poxy PS3
can't wait to hear what you've got to say.

ATHLONIX <--- STEAM PLAYER

hardwired

hardwired

Quote from: Pauk -d Paya on Feb 26, 2010, 01:05:53 AM
@porkusmaximus no one can hear your alien hiss only you (REB) trigger mentioned this, the hisses you hear are artificial they added them for atmosphere

Its a disadvantage, but maybe its just a purpose for balancing.   ???

Next time they should release a Beta, then maybe instantkillbuttons arent named "stealthkill". Thats far more an bad designdecission, if think about how often I get in melee, insteed of using my ranged weapons as pred and the result was always a stealthkill, even only 8-10 players on gateway for example, are a good way to avoid that (i hate the game anyway with more players  ;D).

Anyway the game got potential, it maybe just was to early to release it and thats maybe the primary reason the game got no higher metascore.
Hope for the dedicated servers (a ping of 100 is still to high, at least for the melee) and a patch to fix some gameplay/balancing-problems.

Steve C

Steve C

Speaking of the alien, does anybody else find it irritating to play as the alien and get knocked on your ass by a predator or marine?  I think if they were to fix that (keep the stun but removing said ass knocking, like how the predator is set up), as well as the growling, that would help level the playing field.

hardwired

hardwired

Quote from: Steve C on Feb 26, 2010, 01:41:29 PM
Speaking of the alien, does anybody else find it irritating to play as the alien and get knocked on your ass by a predator or marine?  I think if they were to fix that (keep the stun but removing said ass knocking, like how the predator is set up), as well as the growling, that would help level the playing field.

By Marines: Yes, totally.

By a Predator: No, totally.

Steve C

Steve C

I'm a predator fan first and foremost, but just playing devil's advocate here, it doesn't seem at all ridiculous that the predator knocks the alien down?  Going by the original movies, there's nothing to prove that a predator should be able to manhandle a bug like that.  The alien should be at least on par with the predator in meele, but as the situation stands now, the predator is head and shoulders above the rest.  Just doesn't seem right to me.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: Steve C on Feb 26, 2010, 01:41:29 PM
Speaking of the alien, does anybody else find it irritating to play as the alien and get knocked on your ass by a predator or marine?...

I think its great that Aliens can be knocked down by Predators in Melee
but what isn't so great is that its one sided! Aliens should be able to do
the same! Alien should be Equal OR Superior to Pred in normal face to
face melee match!

Steve C

Steve C

^^ Yeah, I'd buy that solution too.

never

never

Quote from: athlonix on Feb 26, 2010, 10:17:36 AM
Quote from: MisterGone on Feb 25, 2010, 03:55:55 PM

Signed by a PS3 player

What the hell are you talking about? i'm a PC player thanks, I don't even own a poxy PS3
can't wait to hear what you've got to say.

ATHLONIX <--- STEAM PLAYER

I believe MisterGone is saying that he agrees with your post and that he is a PS3 player.

athlonix

athlonix

o right, it sounds like he was saying i was a PS3 player....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed