NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,773 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Maybe I'm just picky with my likenesses, but there's a big enough difference between the shots and in-person that turns me off the same way NECA's human characters do too.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Only here they look better than the promotional.

Look at that Mystique, it's basically a shelf sized Rebecca Romijn man! You do not get better than that in this scale. Or that Patrick Stewart or Hugh Jackman sculpt.

In fact I'm not sure you can do better in plastic period.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Marvel Legends is better about it these days because for movie likenesses they can get the scans of the actors head and even some 3d models so things can be mostly accurate to the CGI counterpart. Scanning surviving props and actors as well as getting the 3d models is a big appeal of the Star Wars Black Series line. In fact I think the Stormtrooper helmets are the same models from the films just altered for the toy, you wouldn't even notice it either since they even got used in an episode of The Mandolorian.

Neca might not have the rights to use likeness of certain actors and scans of the suits would be much harder to come by.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but also the quality control, never had to replace a Marvel Legends figure, can't say that for NECA's stuff.

RawMeat

RawMeat

Found a edit:Chinese review of the new Giger's alien from NECA. Not really convincing I must say. The hands/feet/tail looks like a different colour (maybe a little translucent even) than the rest, it looks a bit cheap-ish. Maybe it's because of the light in the video though.
https://youtu.be/Rz7hxykZpLI

SiL

SiL

They just cannot get the profile right.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I totally know what you guys mean. I've just started collecting mcfarlane mortal kombat figures, they are solid and beautiful. No need to heat them of package!

I think I'm mostly done with neca again... mostly. I just mainly want to complete the 7 member nostromo crew in regular attire.

I haven't noticed neca Alien figures being out of scale with one another, but I'm not saying I don't believe you. We deserve better than neca.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on May 31, 2021, 10:15:56 PM

Nobody but MAFEX did as yet.

Master

Master

NECA is hit or miss really. I just bought Sarah and John Connor two pack. Sarah is spot on Linda Hamilton, there are three heads of her and everyone is great, especially the assasin one with cap and black Lenon specs. John on the other hand isn't really that convincing.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: SiL on May 31, 2021, 10:15:51 PM

They can really be hit or miss. The problem is they are too lazy to do another resculpt of the head. This one is so old. Neca has only done two sculpts of the Big chap head. I would like an updated one too, but they're too obsessed with the stupid TMNT line... They are so full of problems, but the only reason I kinda like them is cause they're affordable for my army building habits and they're diverse in the EU stuff they bring out. They make cheap aliens, a lot of them, frequently enough and a lot of different aliens, that's the only reason I buy them. I really wish they get better, they're QC is so random, it's on the same level as their bootleg versions.

Oh, and they just cannot get Ripley's face right, especially from the first film. The latest version was hilarious.

judge death

judge death

Lol necas quality control strikes again...

Because I doubt this is how the: alien 40th anniversiary figure should look like brand new:

I doubt this is normal and its meant to look like this?

Well anyways: contacted the store and would swape it with a new figure, but got a reply today that the 5 others they had, has the same defect, great Neca xD

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Not surprised. Their spotty Russian roulette styled QC is legendary at this point. You're lucky if that's your only QC issue, try checking if the front of the dome is aligned correctly.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quality control yields to fancy collector's packaging. Modern toys / collectibles weren't built to last.

Watching a YouTube review on the MAFEX Big Chap figure was entertaining - if only to see the figure come apart at various joints (the toes are particularly weak) - with the gentlest of handling.

Fragile overpriced junk. The likeness was decent, but like NECA, not entirely screen accurate.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You're right about fragile and overpriced.

But you are off your rocker, if you think it's not as screen accurate as it gets apart from the paint job, it even comes with the two variations of the head for display.

Spoiler
I have only ever had issues with the left arm coming off, in two figures actually, the right always works as intended.
[close]

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

A better likeness - and paint job - right here.

Kotobukiya ALIEN statue:

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed