Alien / Predator Cartography

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 04, 2024, 01:41:26 PM

Author
Alien / Predator Cartography (Read 1,524 times)

SM

SM

Wweyland

Wweyland

Alien: The Blueprints book is great as well

SM

SM

Indeed.

Although I found some of the Fiorina stuff a bit lacking.  I hoped Graham might just go all out mapping the complex, but it generally stuck to set construction blueprints.  However it would've been a huge time investment in a less popular film.

I've tinkered with mapping Fiorina in the past, but it's a huge task.  It's not like the Nostromo or the colony in Aliens where the set was interlinked rooms.

SiL

SiL

Except that third cryotube.

SM

SM

We don't speak about that.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Feb 06, 2024, 11:01:09 PMExcept that third cryotube.
I write it off as "the Narcissus' stock model has 3 cryotubes, the Narcissus specifically didn't have 3 because of any number of reasons".

SiL

SiL

I wrote it off as "The guy who made the book forgot the entire plot of the last act of the movie and messed up."

SM

SM

Graham's a mate and incredibly knowledgeable and very kindly put me in the acknowledgements when he didn't have to, and that still baffles me.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2024, 12:03:21 AMGraham's a mate and incredibly knowledgeable and very kindly put me in the acknowledgements when he didn't have to, and that still baffles me.
Sorry I meant to say Iwrote it off as "The incredibly nice and very talented gentleman who made the book made an error in judgment for which we shall not judge him too harshly."

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Feb 06, 2024, 11:45:18 PMI wrote it off as "The guy who made the book forgot the entire plot of the last act of the movie and messed up."
I meant in-universe.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I was also hoping for more Fury 161 and Auriga stuff from the book, but it's understandably less sought after.
(I think there is a great landscape shot from the movie just before the EEV crashes).
The Alien and Aliens stuff is great, although the AP station could need some more coverage (even the movie shows several maps from it).

SM

SM

They could've used this free-for-nothing.

Like Fox did on the blu-rays.

Though yes, limited appeal.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That feels like it puts everything way too close together for some reason. Like the entire movie takes place in the same 100-yard span of the biggest ship in the franchise where we see the characters run a lot.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Yeah, that corridor junction "covers" the whole ship.
One thing I always wondered, is the underwater kitchen seen before the flooding?
Is it where Ripley 8 eats with the fork?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 08, 2024, 01:47:53 PMYeah, that corridor junction "covers" the whole ship.
One thing I always wondered, is the underwater kitchen seen before the flooding?
Is it where Ripley 8 eats with the fork?

It is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed