Cold Iron Teases New Alien Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 15, 2023, 03:20:24 PM

Author
Cold Iron Teases New Alien Game (Read 6,633 times)

XenoPredAlien

for some reason i always held hope for a synthetic xenomorph as a class in Fireteam i know it will never happen but i could hope lol would love to see what plan they have for Fireteam since now they are giving it some light and would be pretty cool to see what game they have in store hopeful for another Alien game

Still Collating...

I wish them luck and hope they take the mentioned criticisms seriously. There's potential for so much more there. My personal preference is a better and smoother multiplayer experience. More than 3 players, better designed game modes, PvP where you can play as the Aliens, better voice acting, lip-sync, more cinematic and diverse missions in the campaign and less emphasis on the looter shooter style.

I wish for better communication, since their approach is horrible as of now. I hope for new info on the game soon, but I doubt we'll hear anything for a while. Hope to be proven wrong.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

If this is  a way to get our noodles going, its for sure an opportunity to see what the fans would like to see if you'd want to create NEW experiences. So, I for one would have to agree with the other bloke who mentioned a slower paced over the shoulder style ala Dead Space/ The Callisto Protocol. I'm with you on that.

However since this is the Alien franchise I only expect it to be more 'involved' RPG wise maybe like Alan Wake 2's effort is worth looking into. Even Alan Wake2 is a game I want to play even though its not out yet. But if it were in the vein of 1979s Alien or Prometheus timelines with a  blend of AFTE with mechanics of Alan Wake 2, then I would only expect it needs a huge budget. A budget we have only seen with the likes of the Lora Croft franchise or the Last of Us.

I wouldn't mind an expansion of AFTE but if it got more budget for a proper immersive experience then I think it would need an overhaul. I  like the gore elements of Colossal Protocol so it would mean a  tremendous amount of lore being made. I can see that. ALOT. Has anyone seen the Xenomorph serpeant? I really think Rudy should make his tremendous catalogue available to the franchise to develop some things because there is never a dull moment with his work. Its just going to collect dust.

Think of the potential! Some fans are pretty bold when it comes to making the effort. The elegant nature of midjourney is that it is based of several neurological systems of information picked out from a database of ideas called a checkpoint. The acute ideas are very reminiscent of a real brain formulating and creating imagery. What you see here was trained on gigers works of art then slightly tuned into various ideas and by using his photos, new ideas were generated with extremely acute variations of what is already existing in the Giger art world.
What you're seeing is a 'real' human-like dream. a dream only a human can actually comprehend. because like humans, midjourney or SD might only derail ever so slightly because like a human, it has a memory and its only drawing from it in subtle ways to which a neural network is capable of doing. This is called a "neurological simulation of an idea".

But I get the past two games made a tremendous amount of loot for the Disney so I don't see why not.

Schrödinger

+1 to the concept of slower paced game. People seem to forget you can have slow, deadly, and action all three combined (As you mentioned, Dead Space and Callisto Protocol).

I personally would love for an Aliens game where we go back to the roots of OG Technology since the odd MOBA abilities of AFTE felt out of place (IMO).

A focus on tactics and resource management in the field either through first or third person would be great (Mainly, I'm thinking of Ready Or Not/SWAT4 style of resource managment/combat.). Granted not in the full on "Simulator" style. But "Grounded".

A big issue however is AI.  Alien Isolation did a great job with that, I wish that could be expanded on, make the aliens less suicidal and less "Frontal assault only". I'd love to see more ambushes, more flanking, to be surprised by randomness and be pushed to think on the fly.

Yes I know that would be a genuinely hard game to play if done right.  But I'm of the mind that you can't just melee a full grown Xeno away, and that CQC would be deadly as hell against them. Xenomorphs are also smart, they learn and adapt.

And finally, an in-depth story with characters we are going to love to lose and choices along the way (IE: What Aliens: Crucible wanted to do before Sega canned it to make room for Colonial Marines.). 

Yes.. I know I'm asking for a grounded Horror Action FPS with a well written RPG Story.  And I accept that it would take 10 years to make to get right.  But hey, a fan can dream.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Aliens: Fireteam was definitely too fast-paced, perhaps they could cut down that down a bit, have some breathing room and atmosphere. Of course that does not fit well with "Grind the level 10 times a day for a level up" mindset, but maybe it shouldn't.

Schrödinger

That and maybe less "Bullet Sponge Combat"...

Difficulty shouldn't be "Add more HP and give less ammo". It should be "Aliens adapt to how you play and look to outsmart you.

IE: The movie, Aliens. If frontal assault don't work, time to use vents, ceilings, and floor panels.

I'm sorry but.. An "Aliens" game shouldn't have Infinity Ammo Boxes, and MOBA Abilities.  There's nothing scary/tense about kiting Xenos while spamming 2 buttons and shooting them in the head for 10 minutes or more. 

Especially when, yaknow, those things are meant to be faster than humans, how can we kite them? And Melee? Meleeing an Xeno should be a death sentence.

And making Aliens into a "Grinding" game is... Well, it's a disservice to the title of "Aliens".  I think instead of learning from their "Arcade" version of the franchise, they should look at RoN, in that you fight humans but it's actually tense and outright bonkers at times. If you turned the terrorists into Xenomorphs with really good AI, then you'll have a brutal Aliens game, which is where Aliens: Colonial Marines failed.

Too much Pew Pew Bullet Sponge = Not tense and just a chore.  Aliens should be tense, deadly, grounded, and gripping.

Acid_Reign161

For me, I'd be happy with another 'Alien Isolation' game with a combat element added at relevant points to the story (in the same way that in the movie 'Aliens' the action scenes are paced/apart. I prefer First person as I like to feel I'm experiencing the situation. But I think there should definitely be a multiplayer element done in an 'among us' style, in a variety of scenarios, where each game one player at random is designated 'synthetic' and has to protect the alien /sabotage the mission but other players don't know who it is.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Oct 02, 2023, 08:01:53 AMFor me, I'd be happy with another 'Alien Isolation' game with a combat element added at relevant points to the story (in the same way that in the movie 'Aliens' the action scenes are paced/apart. I prefer First person as I like to feel I'm experiencing the situation. But I think there should definitely be a multiplayer element done in an 'among us' style, in a variety of scenarios, where each game one player at random is designated 'synthetic' and has to protect the alien /sabotage the mission but other players don't know who it is.
I would honestly love to see if they implement the Neomorph as a weaker Alien, well they are slightly more easier to kill but they can kill you just as quick. Or as something similar to that...
Spoiler
Belugamorph
[close]

Wweyland

Wweyland

I felt that Alien Fireteam could have used more "randomness" in its level design.
Meaning objectives and your path could change, to give you are more unique experience in a re-play.
They did this a bit in the first level but dropped it later on.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 02, 2023, 10:25:39 AMI felt that Alien Fireteam could have used more "randomness" in its level design.
Meaning objectives and your path could change, to give you are more unique experience in a re-play.

It also happens during the first "Only Way To Be Sure" mission.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Oct 02, 2023, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 02, 2023, 10:25:39 AMI felt that Alien Fireteam could have used more "randomness" in its level design.

The Queen campaign? I actually did not notice.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I think it'll be great if they took inspiration from the Dead Space remake with the ai Director to make things more unpredictable.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 02, 2023, 10:30:44 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Oct 02, 2023, 10:28:17 AM

The Queen campaign? I actually did not notice.

Yep, the "restock turrets" objective can take place in one of two locations. That's really it, though.

Thatguy2068

Which probably will never happen but can we at least get a game mode where we get the play as Xenomorphs. I know we got dead by daylight expansion but maybe we could have something like left 4 dead versus mode

Corporal Hicks

It does seem like time to have some playable Aliens back in our games! A lot of people want it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed