Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 193,732 times)

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 19, 2016, 07:18:28 AM
Nooo. You've gotta want a new good movie. The quality has to be there. Don't accept any old crap.

If I had to choose between no new movie and a poor new Predator movie, I'd go with the latter. Luckily, from everything we've heard so far, this sounds like it could really be good. Hopefully this movie stands right next to the original, easily beating any sequel we've had so far.

Even if Shane does something outrageous, like fans of Iron Man were mad at him for Mandarin, I could at least say he tried to do something new. Predator is really a franchise were if you don't take risks, it's stuck in a loop of being the same movie over and over again.

As Shane said, "I'm trying to reinvent and please the fans. I'm not trying to put the Predator in a tutu."

I'm sure some of us will hate it and some of us will love it, but if the man at least tried to do something new and different, even if I don't like the end product, I'll respect the effort.

As long as the movie doesn't in retrospect ruin anything in the original and change something we all loved in it. Like say we find out Predator is actually a military robot or something and the spaceship was from Area 51.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on May 19, 2016, 10:51:59 AMIf I had to choose between no new movie and a poor new Predator movie, I'd go with the latter.

That makes absolutely no sense to me. I'd rather we got nothing than a crap film that just cheapens the franchise.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 19, 2016, 10:58:42 AM
That makes absolutely no sense to me. I'd rather we got nothing than a crap film that just cheapens the franchise.

The thing is, we don't know if it's crap until it's out. By that point, I'll go see it anyway, so it makes no difference to me. I'd rather they try and make a new Predator movie than never do one again because it might be crap.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That attitude's just going to encourage them to make more crap films, because screw it, the fans will go anyway.

overthere

overthere

Of course the fans will go. But it's not like they set out to make a shitty movie on purpose. And if we ignore the AvPs, there isn't any really bad Predator movie.

I'm also half-joking when I say it. What I really mean to say is, I'm desperate for a new Predator movie, and this one sounds like it might be onto something.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: overthere on May 19, 2016, 01:16:03 PM
I'm also half-joking when I say it. What I really mean to say is, I'm desperate for a new Predator movie, and this one sounds like it might be onto something.

It really does sound like it is on the right track. I do think it's important we don't just accept any old crap though. We want these things to be amazing!

overthere

overthere

The problem is, the original movie had no business being so great. Everything about it could have went in a cheesy, wrong way. Somehow it turned out far greater than the sum of it's parts. It's not easy to repeat that magic.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I wonder if they will show a lot of the Predator but find a way to keep it suspenseful. I also wonder if they will focus on the Preds POV which would be really cool and break new ground which seems to be the trend with movies these days. Which is awesome.

Also by breaking new ground the Heros don't always have to win they should die in the end. One thing that would of been cool in the end of P2 the ship starts the engines and closes its doors and Harrigan is strapped in there. In a panic, Harrigan looking for exits. The doors just shut on him. He looks at the camera in fear for 1 last shot. SMASH TO BLACK.  20 years later you find out in Predators that Harrigan has been on the Preserve Planet for 20 years. Would of been so cool I think how that all would of turned out. 

overthere

overthere

The ending of Predator 2 was really awkward. They give him a trophy, but then immediately start taking off, with or without him.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Shane Black Teases His 'Predator' Will Have a Detective Story In It
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/predator-detective-movie-shane-black/20646?wssac=164&wssaffid=news

overthere

overthere

Well someone has to investigate what the hell is going on with all these skinned dead people.

Shane did an AMA on Reddit couple of hours ago. The only thing he answered about The Predator was:

QuoteThis new reimagining of |The Predator will be set in |Present Day -- which is to say, 2018; and so the futuristic events of Predators have not yet occurred. |We're on earth, the time is now...

No idea why Shane thinks Predators are futuristic. They were in present day, just not on Earth.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Did anyone ask him if it takes place around Christmas? ;D Okay, theory: The Predator takes place in a mall around the holiday season, and Quinn McKenna is the mall Santa/security guard who has to investigate why mobsters keep getting skinned/de-skulled in the mall.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

So the movie is set on Earth.... Good choice, good choice.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: overthere on May 19, 2016, 07:20:14 PM
Shane did an AMA on Reddit couple of hours ago. The only thing he answered about The Predator was:

I was just coming on to post about this. I am so f**ked off we missed this. This happened just as I decided to turn in last night.  >:(

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed