H.R Giger Has passed.

Started by draken161, May 13, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

Author
H.R Giger Has passed. (Read 35,469 times)

dDave

dDave

R.I.P. :'(

Hudson

Hudson

:-[

oberonqa

oberonqa

The world feels smaller and lesser this day... a profound loss that will send echos through the remainder of our days.  I am saddened beyond words at the news of his passing... and yet... his work lives on.  Throughout history, it is only when an artist passes that their art takes on life.  HR Giger was blessed to see his work take on life while he still lived.  His art... his legacy... he gave it life and watched it grow over many years. 

I cannot even put proper words to how I feel about the news of his passing.  Only that whatever I type.. whatever I say.. doesn't quite do the man justice.  :(

Dowly

Dowly

Found this from another forum.

Topazora

Topazora

Rest in Peace, H.R. Giger
:'(

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 13, 2014, 05:31:43 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 13, 2014, 09:52:44 AM
Double damn, no more hope for Promy 2.

RIP Giger 1940 - 2014

Was his stuff even used in Prom1?
I know there was one wall design but the rest was not his stuff.

Apart from the mural I don't think there was anything new that he specifically made for Prometheus that ended up in the final cut. Lots of influence from his older work though. Would have really loved to see him getting more involved with the sequel but alas!

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

That sucks man. Been a huge fan of his art for so long. Wish he would of lived just 10 years longer or so to actually get to meet him and shit and visit his museum. Too bad man. May the H.R. Giger rest in piece.

Vrastal

Vrastal

What a terrible loss..

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Jeez, haven't heard anything about him in a while and suddenly I just find out he dies. RIP.

botmetro

botmetro

RIP   :'(

Supershadow

Supershadow

RIP. How sad.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Wow, this one is close to home. The Alien is still the most fascinating, other-worldy thing I've seen in a film. Been utterly obsessed with the films since I was 10 and have watched countless documentaries repeatedly with Giger taking centre-place.

RIP. Very sad.

Xhan

Xhan

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I first saw this news when I got out of bed this morning. The news is terrible and I hate seeing a great legend pass away. The franchise is not the same without him now. I'm really going to miss my favorite artist of all time since his style is so unique. His art is like something you never see anything before. RIP :(!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed