AvPR Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkness, Dec 04, 2007, 07:00:27 PM

Author
AvPR Rated 15 in UK (Read 37,246 times)

beeko

beeko

Quote from: highlandpred on Dec 05, 2007, 02:52:15 AM
anyone confirm the aussie date for me? not sure now?
yeah it's 27th jan you can check it on www.greaterunion.com.au

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Crom on Dec 04, 2007, 11:12:35 PM
If brutally killing women and children doesn't get you an 18, what does?
Ooh, ooh! Not having an immature atmosphere, not using gratuitous CGI for gore - Although I realise that was pretty much out of anyone's control - emotional impact, visceral impact, good acting and that ... what's it called ... restraint! Yeah.

"Restraint?" you say! "Bitch be crazy! Restraint doesn't give you a higher rating!"

Except for the fact that by withholding on some scenes you make others far more effective. It's the saturation effect. If you keep chucking gore and shocks at an audience, they're going to get real jaded real fast. I watched Hostel, the uncut version, all the way through, and by the time it got to the eye bit I just didn't give a damn anymore. But I showed the eye bit at the end to some people who hadn't seen the rest of the movie and they damn near threw up on the spot.

The ratings peeps take that kind'a stuff into account. High impact violence. If you have heads splattering and kids being killed and women being ravaged every ten minutes, shit, it just turns into farce. And these day every horror movie and its dog is trying to be 'shocking' and 'break the rules' by killing kids in increasingly nasty ways. We've seen it all before. It was vaguely effective the first time. It was laughable the following three hundred.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 05, 2007, 01:15:56 AM
QuotePredator isn't that gory. Not to todays standards.
Sry, but thats just BS.

So are most things you say but *shrugs* I've seen far worse than Predator. It's not worth an 18 rating. Not anymore.

SiL

SiL

McTiernan held back and made a better movie because of it.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Predator 2 isn't that gory either. The after maths of that film are what make it seem really gory. I never understood why that film was banned in some places across the globe.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: beeko on Dec 05, 2007, 03:24:55 AM

I don't know what Greater Union is smoking, but every other Australian movie theater, (As well as the official Australian AVPR website) says December 26th, a day after the US.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what rating we're getting?  I originally thought that it would be MA, but this news that it's about as bad as Predator 1makes me thing maybe just M.

NintendoMan

NintendoMan

Quote from: Joshy boy on Dec 05, 2007, 07:56:26 AM

I don't know what Greater Union is smoking, but every other Australian movie theater, (As well as the official Australian AVPR website) says December 16th, a day after the US.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what rating we're getting?  I originally thought that it would be MA, but this news that it's about as bad as Predator 1makes me thing maybe just M.

i dunno wat YOU guys are smoking this time
its Dec. 26th
http://www.greaterunion.com.au/movies/6548/Alien-Vs-Predator-2.htm#

thetias

thetias

FOX isnt giving AVPR the Die Hard threatment, are they? A kiddy version and double dip DVD.

SiL

SiL

No, they're giving us a 'hardcore' version and a 'hardcorer' version.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: predatorlover on Dec 05, 2007, 08:26:27 AM

I don't know what Greater Union is smoking, but every other Australian movie theater, (As well as the official Australian AVPR website) says December 16th, a day after the US.

its Dec. 26th

Yeah, sorry, typo.  My bad.

SiL

SiL

I'm betting on an M 15+ down here, although the 'shocking' kills might jack it up to MA 15+.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: SiL on Dec 05, 2007, 09:17:31 AM
I'm betting on an M 15+ down here, although the 'shocking' kills might jack it up to MA 15+.

Well originally, MA sounded about right, but I'm not sure any more.  M would be great (becasue then I could see it by myself) but MA would still be allright, I could just go with a parent.
That's right, I'm 14.  Didn't see that one coming, did you!

SiL

SiL

Didn't see it, don't care :P

Doom got an MA, yet Predator is only M. Hmmm.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: predatorlover on Dec 05, 2007, 08:26:27 AM

its Dec. 26th

nice, i was raising fist at the dude quoting 26th jan.

StormPredator

StormPredator

I'm not too bothered about the 15 rating for the UK, although it now means sharing the cinema with 15 year olds and 13/14 year olds who managed to get in. Nothing against teens under 18 but I really did think this would be rated 18 and was something alot of us older fans in the UK wanted to see. Oh well, it's a shame because the poster below looks alot more appealing with an 18 certificate stuck on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed