What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 590,547 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Looks like my part of NY. Including hay bales.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 04, 2019, 08:59:56 PM
More like this.

My cousin in WV calls our side of the family "flat-landers".

If we're doing that - i used to live in the house with the neon orange roof in this pic:

Huggs

Huggs

I just grabbed a picture of some flat TN land that was for sale. But it's similar.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 04, 2019, 09:44:12 PM
If we're doing that - i used to live in the house with the neon orange roof in this pic:

Hobbiton Beach?

Huggs

Huggs

I bet that's how Godzilla sees everything.

Well, legendary Godzilla, at least.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 04, 2019, 08:36:00 PMI was outside.

Townies going nuts and not understanding al fresco urination is a way of life in the countryside.

Huggs

Huggs

I've never seen the ladybugs like this. They were normal the other day (which is terrible), but this crap today could be on the news. Everybody is running vacuum cleaners and shop vacs. Over 100 on just one window, and they had been completely replaced after a 2 minute break. There are so many, that all the outbuildings and houses are completely covered to the point that the bugs are crawling on the cold ground and the trees and swarming in the air like gnat hordes because there is nowhere for them to land.

They're in the washing machines and mailboxes, cupboards and curtains. You walk across the ground and it crunches because of all the dead ones on the ground. I've never seen such a thing in all my life. You'd think every ladybug in existence was here.

But I must confess, I'm enjoying the battle.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 06, 2019, 07:56:45 PM
I've never seen the ladybugs like this. They were normal the other day (which is terrible), but this crap today could be on the news. Everybody is running vacuum cleaners and shop vacs. Over 100 on just one window, and they had been completely replaced after a 2 minute break. There are so many, that all the outbuildings and houses are completely covered to the point that the bugs are crawling on the cold ground and the trees and swarming in the air like gnat hordes because there is nowhere for them to land.

They're in the washing machines and mailboxes, cupboards and curtains. You walk across the ground and it crunches because of all the dead ones on the ground. I've never seen such a thing in all my life. You'd think every ladybug in existence was here.

But I must confess, I'm enjoying the battle.

Huggs

Huggs

I actually did drop the line, "yeah, well f*ck you too" when I vacuumed up one that landed on me.  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Great, so now you have biblical plagues there too.

Huggs

Huggs

Apparently. But there's a storm on the horizon.

I believe nature has a sense of balance. I believe it will restore that balance. Otherwise, we will fight in the shade.

But they're so bad, you can literally vacuum them up out of the air outside. I've nearly filled an entire shop vac up with them so far. All of those (mind you) were from only one door and 2 windows.

The regular vacuum overheated, and is down for the count. People are washing down the houses with hoses, but it's not slowing them down much.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

QuoteHudson: (on ladybugs) They're comin' outta the Goddamn walls!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 06, 2019, 09:46:57 PM
QuoteHudson: (on ladybugs) They're comin' outta the Goddamn walls!

They are, but we're winning.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 06, 2019, 08:50:45 PM
Apparently. But there's a storm on the horizon.

Which probably means a biblical flood is next.

Huggs

Huggs

We've had one already. That's why we kept the boat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Tennessee_floods

The rain has come and changed the tide of battle!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed