What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 590,208 times)

JohnWick28

JohnWick28

A sub from Wegmans for dinner and a some fresh apple cider, always yummy this time of year. And the first pics and info for the new Rambo movie, although I don't think this is what David Morrell intended for his character but holding out hope it will be a good movie and finally have closure.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I got my hands on a Bride of Frankenstein remake script written by Anne Rice of all people. Although the title page misspells it as Bride of Frankenstien, which is always a good sign as to the technical quality of the writing. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 03, 2018, 06:43:04 PM
Reading through the script for the never-built Aliens 3D attraction on the Anthology Blu-ray.

It's f*cking mental :laugh:

Concept art's pretty neat though. I especially love all the drawings of the audience ooh-ing and aah-ing :laugh:

Yeah, that thing was cheesy as hell! As cheesy as Ride at the Speed of Fright.  :laugh: I'd have loved it. Shame we don't see more attractions.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think my biggest criticism isn't the cheese, but that the whole interplay between live-action show and film didn't sound anything like as neatly done as it was in the T2-3D attraction. The way it worked so seamlessly as part of the plot was half the joy. In the script for the Aliens one it felt kinda forced, like they had the technique down and knew they wanted to use it, but couldn't find a good way to integrate it into the story.

For instance, in the Terminator one, Arnie, Sarah and John raid the theatre where you're sitting in on a Cyberdyne presentation, then time travel through the screen into the 3D film. The Aliens one instead just kinda had the people from the movie suddenly show up in the theatre for the final act for no logical reason.

You went on Ride at the Speed of Fright, didn't you? Always been gutted I missed that one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 04, 2018, 08:39:01 AM
I think my biggest criticism isn't the cheese, but that the whole interplay between live-action show and film didn't sound anything like as neatly done as it was in the T2-3D attraction. The way it worked so seamlessly as part of the plot was half the joy. In the script for the Aliens one it felt kinda forced, like they had the technique down and knew they wanted to use it, but couldn't find a good way to integrate it into the story.

I checked out the Universal in Japan btw. It's in Osaka, not Toyko. It's not one of the places we're planning on going.

QuoteYou went on Ride at the Speed of Fright, didn't you? Always been gutted I missed that one.

I did! My first experience with Aliens. I went to the one at American Adventure in the Midlands. I think they had one in Manchester at some point too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2018, 08:43:33 AMI checked out the Universal in Japan btw. It's in Osaka, not Toyko. It's not one of the places we're planning on going.

That's too bad. Definitely would've recommended going to see T2-3D if you'd been in the area!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2018, 08:43:33 AMI did! My first experience with Aliens. I went to the one at American Adventure in the Midlands. I think they had one in Manchester at some point too.

Nice.

Really glad they stuck the films from that on the Blu-ray. Such a random bonus, but a hoot to watch :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I honestly thought I'd made that memory up until I saw it on the Anthology.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The ropey-ass model work just makes it even more fun :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

A gift of several ALIEN items. People can be so thoughtful ;D

Also stopping someone from stealing from a local store. (I have no use for thieves) I alerted the clerk they had an item on the bottom of the cart they had no intention of paying for.

Huggs

Huggs

It's over! They got the bastard, and alive too. Waiting on the press conference now. Hell yeah!

It's like the end of a war. A lot of counties are gonna be throwin' down tonight. Time to party baby! ;D

A big thank you to all of our heroes in law enforcement and an epic fist-bump to our fellow citizens who overwhelmingly refused to become victims and kept watch over each other.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 05, 2018, 04:27:08 PM
It's over! They got the bastard, and alive too. Waiting on the press conference now. Hell yeah!

It's like the end of a war. A lot of counties are gonna be throwin' down tonight. Time to party baby! ;D

A big thank you to all of our heroes in law enforcement and an epic fist-bump to our fellow citizens who overwhelmingly refused to become victims and kept watch over each other.
Dang it, I was on my way! ;) I'm happy to hear, what a relief! Have a cold one for me, cheers!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 05, 2018, 04:35:49 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 05, 2018, 04:27:08 PM

Dang it, I was on my way! ;) I'm happy to hear, what a relief! Have a cold one for me, cheers!

Yes sir! They formed a convoy to transport him to jail, and they had like 30 cops walk him inside  :D He isn't goin' nowhere baby!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Glad to hear it!

Huggs

Huggs

Spent a quiet day with the family. No work today, no choppers over the house, no murdering psychopath running around in the woods. Being safe, together, and having a normal day was more than enough to be happy about.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did you get to taunt him before they took him away?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed