What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 590,238 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've literally never been trick or treating in my life :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2017, 05:39:31 PM
:o If I may ask, why not?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I live in the countryside, and the only people who lived within walking distance as I was growing up were miserable old people lol.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2017, 05:39:31 PM

Ha. I've only been twice and that was to take my GF at the time's respective brothers out. Once I dressed up with them, once I didn't. Both as an adult.  :laugh:

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2017, 10:36:34 PM
I live in the countryside, and the only people who lived within walking distance as I was growing up were miserable old people lol.

That'd be me. Miserable old person.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Now Halloween is over and Michael Myers is dead again, we can now start actually thinking about Xmas

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Noooooooooo!

I have begun to think there should be a law that stores can't not display, mention, or advertise anything Christmas/holiday related until a certain set date. High-end retailer Nordstrom have specifically and publicly stated in the past that they will not and do not put up holiday decorations until after Thanksgiving. They also do not open early for Black Friday, so their employees can enjoy Thanksgiving with their family.

Some places here in the US started displaying goods in AUGUST. Disgusting.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago to buy some ammo ('Merica) and Christmas trees were already displayed.  I too, think they should stop rushing the holidays.  One at a time, man!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2017, 10:36:34 PM
haha That's too bad.  I'm going to send you a gift card so you can buy some good treats at your favorite candy shop.  It won't make up for the years missed,  but hopefully it will compensate for not having done it before.  8)

Quote from: Russ on Nov 01, 2017, 09:32:32 AM
That'd be me. Miserable old person.
Stop being grumpy!

Russ

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 01, 2017, 02:45:18 PM
I went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago to buy some ammo ('Merica) and Christmas trees were already displayed.  I too, think they should stop rushing the holidays.  One at a time, man!
I found the sign!

edit: I wanted to also mention yesterday this thought:

That moment you see an extremely limited expanded CD edition of an album you really love and it is sold out, then you realize you bought it years ago before it sold out! YAY! :D :D :D :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

This yea the early selling of Christmas stuff round where I am doesn't seem to have been too insane. I've only really started seeing it in the last few weeks.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 01, 2017, 03:37:51 PM
I found the sign!

http://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2015/11/nordies.jpg

edit: I wanted to also mention yesterday this thought:

That moment you see an extremely limited expanded CD edition of an album you really love and it is sold out, then you realize you bought it years ago before it sold out! YAY! :D :D :D :D
haha that would make me happy, too!  As for Nordstrom, I'll be shopping there because of that "one holiday at a time" policy!

Quote from: Russ on Nov 01, 2017, 03:19:42 PM
Stop being grumpy!

haha!  Even Mr. Eastwood turned into a softy at the end of the movie.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

I went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago to buy some ammo ('Merica) and Christmas trees were already displayed.

Never bought ammo from Walmart, but might for the range.  Any good, no jams?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Nov 01, 2017, 08:19:16 PM
I went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago to buy some ammo ('Merica) and Christmas trees were already displayed.

Never bought ammo from Walmart, but might for the range.  Any good, no jams?
Walmart has good range/home defense ammo and for good prices, too! I buy for my .45 and AR15 (5.56) and never had any problems. You should check them out. Guns make me happy, by the way. What do you have?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed