Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 153,848 times)

Stolen

Stolen

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 03:01:25 PM
This is how he looks like with close mouths:

Seriously. Creepy !

Ingwar

Ingwar

From this TV Spot now i think that Neomorph will have similiar mouth to Deacon(this is why someone who said watched movie was confusing neomorphs with Deacons).

And when he opens them

it will(his jaws) came out like those jaws in Deacon:

I don't thing that Neomorph's got inner jaw. I might be wrong.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think the neomorph looks pretty good, I like the design of the jaw.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yes you can tell that the whole jaw extends outward, much like the goblin shark

Also,I think people are knocking it a bit because all we're seeing right now is it face on. So it gives it the illusion of having an odd looking head.

But once we see it with its normal elongated head,it will look a lot different.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 03, 2017, 03:19:07 PM
Yes you can tell that the whole jaw extends outward, much like the goblin shark

Also,I think people are knocking it a bit because all we're seeing right now is it face on. So it gives it the illusion of having an odd looking head.

But once we see it with its normal elongated head,it will look a lot different.
Yeah. Like I said before, I think it'll look better when I see it from different angles.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

From this TV Spot now i think that Neomorph will have similiar mouth to Deacon(this is why someone who said watched movie was confusing neomorphs with Deacons).

And when he opens them

it will(his jaws) came out like those jaws in Deacon:

I am digging how head on with the mouth closed it resembles the shape of a human head.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I still need a good gif of the grown Neomorph scene.

zoidy

zoidy

The mouth of the neomorph looks like the art we've seen before. In particular the 2nd one, not sure if it was concept art or fan art?

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

The adult Neomorph reminds me of the vampires from Priest.

http://www.ilikecomicstoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/priest-vampire.png

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 03, 2017, 01:50:17 PM

That's the view Scott had, but it's completely false. What we've seen over the years in popular media are pale imitations of how to portray the Alien correctly. When 'Alien Isolation' came out, the one thing it did superbly was to give us an Alien which looks and moves just like it should. It's probably the first time since 'Aliens' that the creature came across as the nightmarish living creature it's meant to be.

See, how many times have we seen vampires, dragons and zombies? There have been portrayals of those for centuries and not just in attempts to do so seriously, but in comedy and mockery. Yet, that doesn't stop them from having the potential to be terrifyingly effective when someone does them right.

Familiarity with a visual design will never detract from its power. You just have to know how to handle them. How to have them behave, what to have them do and, importantly, how to atmospherically light them (visually, lighting is probably the most effective tool of them all).

Otherwise, common old human beings would never be able to come across as scary. But the vast majority of films with villains in tend to be human.

Good point. Although I also think character vulnerability was key in making the alien frightening in Isolation. The fact you couldn't just grab a gun and shoot it dead.

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 03, 2017, 02:07:25 PM
It's 2017. Forget that 100 + million R-rated blockbuster will fully base on practical effects. Don't be naive and romantic. Neomorph head scene is taken out of the context. We need to wait and see for  the whole sequence. And believe me, if it was practical a lot of people would have complained why it hasn't been done as CGI. Some scenes simply cannot be done in old-school way. You cannot satisfy everyone.

Agree, I think people get over nostalgic when it comes to practical effects. Both ALIEN and ALIENS have some great creature effects that stand up well today. Like Big Chap's reveal behind Brett, or the Warrior coming out of the water behind Newt. But both films contain some decidedly dodgy guy in a creature suit moments as well. like Big Chap getting sucked out of the Narcissus, or the Warriors crawling through the loft space before bouncing around like Skippy the kangaroo in the following battle.

Predaker

Predaker

Perhaps the neomorph shot is older and has been improved since then? That did look pretty bad, especially compared to the shot of the Alien.

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 03, 2017, 02:18:05 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 03, 2017, 02:08:20 PM
Is that from the novelization? Lambert is not 7 ft. plus tall :laugh: (Veronica Cartwright is 5'5")
http://i65.tinypic.com/285ct3.pnghttp://i66.tinypic.com/neeqeo.jpghttp://i67.tinypic.com/6fvaxy.jpg

Yup, definitely not 3 meters or 9 ft. plus

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: zoidy on Apr 03, 2017, 03:39:19 PM
The mouth of the neomorph looks like the art we've seen before. In particular the 2nd one, not sure if it was concept art or fan art?

I'm pretty sure that if you add a tail to that you would have the Neomorph.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

I'm fairly confident the neomorph will look good on screen. The shot they chose seems very awkward, but I guess it gives off the horror sense they're trying to promote.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 03, 2017, 01:50:17 PM
That's the view Scott had, but it's completely false. What we've seen over the years in popular media are pale imitations of how to portray the Alien correctly. When 'Alien Isolation' came out, the one thing it did superbly was to give us an Alien which looks and moves just like it should. It's probably the first time since 'Aliens' that the creature came across as the nightmarish living creature it's meant to be.

See, how many times have we seen vampires, dragons and zombies? There have been portrayals of those for centuries and not just in attempts to do so seriously, but in comedy and mockery. Yet, that doesn't stop them from having the potential to be terrifyingly effective when someone does them right.

Familiarity with a visual design will never detract from its power. You just have to know how to handle them. How to have them behave, what to have them do and, importantly, how to atmospherically light them (visually, lighting is probably the most effective tool of them all).

Otherwise, common old human beings would never be able to come across as scary. But the vast majority of films with villains in tend to be human.

Absolutely excellent analogy. I remember always saying the same thing using a Spider or Shark for example; you can watch a million videos on them but they still have the ability to evoke pure dread.

Also because of the podcasts I've listened too I read your posts in your voice, it's weird reading dozens of responses in my head only to shift to a distinctly different tone! ha

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I didn't have a problem with the smaller neomorph, but the one shown in the TV spot is literally the exact same no-eyes/all-mouth white creature shown in a zillion bad low-budget horror movies for over a decade. It's been reused constantly due to similar designs from various popular horror video games. I couldn't believe it was turning up yet again in a major big-budget Alien franchise picture in 2017, much less with CG that looks like it dates back at least 10 years.

Evanus

Evanus

Yeah it does kinda look cliché, doesn't it? Ah well. At least the Xenomorph is looking good!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed