First Look at the Predators! (Updated)

Started by Johnny Handsome, May 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Author
First Look at the Predators! (Updated) (Read 107,428 times)

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

It seems these Predators have blue-purple like colors of their scins. Atleast that looks a little bit unique. Kind of like Hive Wars Predator from Comic, he was also the blue one.

acrediblesource

I can only attribute this to these 3 things.
1. The comedic relief is one half of the plot
2. The other half is a bad assery which involves only two or three serious lead roles.
3. Deception gives us a fairly good look at number 1 without spoiling or trolling.

Infected

Infected

I wonder if the cool pants predator has the same characteristics of Raphael from the Ninja Turtles back in da dayyuuuhhh

Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

Everyone needs to chill till a proper picture comes from Larry etc. ADI won't put out crap predators they know what there doing. As for the peace sign it's obviously a joke and on a break from takes.

But yeh that looks like pants which am not happy about. Am sure they won't be driving tanks 😂 But from what I've read they help the humans which is kinda silly and am not a fan in what I've read about the script etc but not gonna cry saying oh there helmets don't fits etc because someone posted a picture that looks like Its from the first ever camera phone. till I see the movie I can't judge or moan till then my lips are sealed 😂

BishopShouldGo

This looks awesome. RIP slasher Predator movies.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

What is worst? Predator with human clothes or the fact that they are fighting to help humans? So, this is the Big event that Shane Black was talking about? Even if all this is just a missunderstanding or joke, picture like this should never been shown. Man, I'm still think about what is worst on this.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Forget the pants. You guys are missing the big question: what kind of SHOES are they wearing? Personally I'll be disappointed if they don't have the latest Air Jordan's. 😂 😂

Look at Thomas Jane sitting there like, "God this feels like I never left the direct-to-DVD movie set I was just on with Ving Rhames."

Xan21

Xan21

They're not pants... you can see there are straps attached to the leg armor on the side and they're big straps. The leg skin is showing under where the knee is.

LetsBeReal

LetsBeReal

It's Fred Dekker and Shane Black. Both wrote Monster Squad, Dekker directed Night of the Creeps and Robocop 3. They also wrote an unproduced "horror" script for John Carpenter called Shadow Company (which was total camp). And if you look at Shane's recent body of work, can you seriously think they would produce some run of the mill film? Especially a by the numbers Predator flick? No way. This thing is going to be bizarre. And I welcome it.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: LetsBeReal on May 14, 2017, 10:40:14 PM
It's Fred Dekker and Shane Black. Both wrote Monster Squad, Dekker directed Night of the Creeps and Robocop 3. They also wrote an unproduced "horror" script for John Carpenter called Shadow Company (which was total camp). And if you look at Shane's recent body of work, can you seriously think they would produce some run of the mill film? Especially a by the numbers Predator flick? No way. This thing is going to be bizarre. And I welcome it.

This.

I've been watching their movies like mad the last few weeks. All of this fits into their style of storytelling. The kid. The over the top ideas. The humor.

Of course it's not going to be for everybody (I'm still not sure I'm sold 100%), but they do know how to make their crazy ideas work. I admit it's a huge leap seeing Predators and humans hanging out because I usually like my Predator movies with a little more grit to them. This has comic book/fantasy written all over it from a direction stand point. 

Also, I'd love to read that Shadow Company script that they wrote for a potential John Carpenter movie.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Funny you should ask.

ETA: For the record - there is zero mention of Predators wearing fatigues in any script I read, so it's either a production/wardrobe detail decided during pre-production after the script stage, or it's a gag done for the photo. Either way, saddle up.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Xan21 on May 14, 2017, 10:29:14 PM
They're not pants... you can see there are straps attached to the leg armor on the side and they're big straps. The leg skin is showing under where the knee is.
I asked the guy who took the photo, he said it's cargo pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isubomo

Isubomo

Just made an account to comment on this. First, Predator is my favourite fictional character of all time, and I gobble up everything Predator, campy or not. Second, not even sure if it photo is really taken on the actual set, and you're gonna hate me on my third point, but I think it's really COOL.

A lot of people or 'fans' seem to only think that the only look for Predator should be restricted to first 2 Predator films. They're a race of Aliens, who have hunting as a main part of their culture, they're not clones of each other and much like the different races we have here on earth, it would be selfish to think that all of them wear loin cloth, can't wear pants and have no individuality.

Working with humans? That's actually a major theme with AVP comics and happens a lot. Sure, lots of dead humans at Pred hands too, but most Predator are really honourable hunters that only kill/hunt worthy/armed prey and not psychotic serial killers (sure there are a number of them).

And..most seem to forget the very first Aliens versus Predator Graphic Novel by Dark Horse comics that started it all.. was about Broken Tusk/Dachande working with Machiko Noguchi, a Human, Japanese Female, to stop an Alien Queen and her swarm from overrunning Ryushi. Which I really believe should have been the story behind the AVP franchise.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_Versus_Predator_(comics)

Lastly, this gem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_vs._Predator_(arcade_game)https://jtmgames.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/alien-vs-predator-arcade-characters.jpg
There's a stage in that game (Round 3, Forced Assault), where the characters are on top of an M577 APC (same APC used in Aliens 2) and you shoot down incoming xenos. That pic, took me back to that really cool memory.

Anyway, I'm really hoping it will be a blast! ;D  ;D  ;D

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Oh dear oh dear.

Still they look like decent predators.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

This movie looks and sounds ridiculous.

And here everyone thought PREDATORS was a bad movie (I didn't).

AvP:R looks better than this movie so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed