Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien 3 Numerical Rating
Last post by Kradan - Today at 12:52:40 PM
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3 Numerical Rating
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 12:14:42 PM
Quote from: solace97 on Today at 08:08:10 AMYou people have no souls.

I think I have plenty of soul honestly.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 12:12:45 PM
You are f**king rad.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 12:09:30 PM
Oh okay. Well I love Legion as well, so I trust this.
Quote from: T Dog on Today at 11:40:29 AMI think Dawn is one of the best big budget mainstream movies ever made, how does it compare to that?

I guess if I were to rank the new series, I'd say this is probably a bit above Rise, a bit below the Reeves ones. But that's all pretty malleable/subject to change, and what I really love here the way Kingdom marries the sensibilities of the recent trilogy with the more expanded post-human world of the original movies (I've always adored the original five film run), and charts a pretty clear path from one body of films to the other in terms of the Apes' societies (emphasis on the plural form of the word there) and their relationship with what humans used to be which we know, eventually, will evolve into them forgetting what humans ever were (yes, I know the original films and the current ones are not in the same continuity, but it still feels like these movies are building towards roughly that same endgame result that was the Ape culture in the 1968 film). And on the topic of varying degrees of remembering and forgetting what once was, I really like the way that Caesar's legacy runs through this outing as a series of competing myths about who he was, what lessons he imparted, and what his actions ~300 years ago mean for Apes (and humans) at large now, so far removed from direct, in-the-moment impact his actions. His presence looms pretty heavily here, though the new characters are all pretty standout as well, some totally outside of Caesar's shadow, and others very directly taking cover within it.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 11:59:30 AM
I am father. Welcome to the USM Auriga. Step forward for contraband and weapons search. Levels 7 through 12 of off limits to civilians.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2...
Last post by SiL - Today at 11:58:12 AM
I love how enthusiastic he gets about things he likes.
I think Dawn is one of the best big budget mainstream movies ever made, how does it compare to that?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed