What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 593,915 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2019, 04:12:52 PM
Can't you get pet insurance?

He's dead.

I'm out of the pet business. It always ends in the same place.

Having to pay someone to kill your little one right in front of you.

It's an unnecessary horror.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2019, 04:07:47 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 04, 2019, 12:32:12 PM
Quote from: Wysps on May 03, 2019, 03:32:20 PM
We took one of the cats to get their teeth cleaned and were slapped with a $600+ bill. Oh lawd....

What you got a Tiger?

Sheeit. Vets are horrifically overpriced. For what mine makes in a day, they could probably buy a new truck cash.

Just to be told my little one was finally succumbing to the leukemia and given a bottle of medicine, then having him put down was like $600. I respect that it's fair game, and I wouldn't deprive any man his livelihood, even one that's excessively good. But in some ways it's morally repugnant to be fleecing people who are in a vulnerable position. Charging you $400 for ten minutes of look-see and a little bottle of medicine is robbery, quite frankly.

Bloody hell

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2019, 04:07:47 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 04, 2019, 12:32:12 PM
Quote from: Wysps on May 03, 2019, 03:32:20 PM
We took one of the cats to get their teeth cleaned and were slapped with a $600+ bill. Oh lawd....

What you got a Tiger?

Sheeit. Vets are horrifically overpriced. For what mine makes in a day, they could probably buy a new truck cash.

Just to be told my little one was finally succumbing to the leukemia and given a bottle of medicine, then having him put down was like $600. I respect that it's fair game, and I wouldn't deprive any man his livelihood, even one that's excessively good. But in some ways it's morally repugnant to be fleecing people who are in a vulnerable position. Charging you $400 for ten minutes of look-see and a little bottle of medicine is robbery, quite frankly.

That's exactly how it is, no kidding.  Normally for like a half hour to hour of work. 

Especially when they start trying to talk about cremation options and vases while we're all sobbing around the exam table.  Like I know they have a job to do, a lot of people need to get paid there, and medical tech/pharmaceuticals are obscenely expensive, but that should be an indication that something needs to change. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Huggs right now:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Stressing like a motherf**ker today. I'm about to graduate but I f**ked up and majored in history so I'm probably going to f**king starve to death. I don't know what I was thinking. Luckily my debt is below average but still. I really don't know how I'm going to make it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Deathbearer on May 06, 2019, 01:27:20 PM
Stressing like a motherf**ker today. I'm about to graduate but I f**ked up and majored in history so I'm probably going to f**king starve to death. I don't know what I was thinking. Luckily my debt is below average but still. I really don't know how I'm going to make it.

But you'll die knowing Winston Churchill's post war weight.

At least it wasn't ART history. You'd be doomed to the life of a philosopher.  :laugh:

Spoiler
In all honesty, it's such a racket now. The whole system is a joke. You prove that you can read and write on the entrance exams. But you still have to take 3 levels of English classes with textbooks at $300 a pop, and spend 2 years worth of tuition covering subjects and material we learned in freaking high school.

Here's a novel idea, focus on teaching people how to physically do the specific job they're supposed to be getting a degree for, and without putting them 40g in f***in debt. I see so many people I graduated with working in retail, or at sawmills, grocery stores, construction, etc. Paying off a 35g piece of paper.
[close]

TheSailingRabbit

I have to take history and art classes if I want to work in museums. People keep telling me that it's not a bad path to take. At the same time, failing out of the Navy because I can't f**king run is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, no matter how successful I am.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 06, 2019, 03:21:07 PM
I have to take history and art classes if I want to work in museums. People keep telling me that it's not a bad path to take. At the same time, failing out of the Navy because I can't f**king run is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, no matter how successful I am.

That sucks Wabbit. I don't understand, you don't know how to run? Or is their a minimum speed benchmark you couldn't hit? (I'm genuinely curious and not trying to tease you.)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 06, 2019, 03:25:01 PM

That sucks Wabbit. I don't understand, you don't know how to run? Or is their a minimum speed benchmark you couldn't hit? (I'm genuinely curious and not trying to tease you.)

Females have to run a mile and a half in under eighteen minutes to continue training. The exit time is fourteen minutes.

I can do it without stopping to walk, but my pace is too slow.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 06, 2019, 03:40:53 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 06, 2019, 03:25:01 PM

Females have to run a mile and a half in under eighteen minutes to continue training. The exit time is fourteen minutes.

I can do it without stopping to walk, but my pace is too slow.

Sorry to hear that. :-\

TheSailingRabbit

I've somewhat gotten over it. I don't think I'll fully accept it until I'm on my own.

At least the boot camp nightmares stopped when I decided to do college instead.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 06, 2019, 04:06:38 PM
I've somewhat gotten over it. I don't think I'll fully accept it until I'm on my own.

At least the boot camp nightmares stopped when I decided to do college instead.

When one door closes another door opens  :)

Huggs

Huggs

Show them you can think outside the box. Just steal a golf cart and fly past everyone else. Ingenuity is the mark of a true warrior.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Huggs on May 06, 2019, 02:58:39 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on May 06, 2019, 01:27:20 PM

But you'll die knowing Winston Churchill's post war weight.

At least it wasn't ART history. You'd be doomed to the life of a philosopher.  :laugh:

Spoiler
In all honesty, it's such a racket now. The whole system is a joke. You prove that you can read and write on the entrance exams. But you still have to take 3 levels of English classes with textbooks at $300 a pop, and spend 2 years worth of tuition covering subjects and material we learned in freaking high school.

Here's a novel idea, focus on teaching people how to physically do the specific job they're supposed to be getting a degree for, and without putting them 40g in f***in debt. I see so many people I graduated with working in retail, or at sawmills, grocery stores, construction, etc. Paying off a 35g piece of paper.
[close]

I'm pretty much just f**ked. Not even sure what I'm gonna do with myself now. At least I'll constantly have new material for this thread

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Deathbearer on May 06, 2019, 10:29:51 PM
I'm pretty much just f**ked. Not even sure what I'm gonna do with myself now. At least I'll constantly have new material for this thread

How about some sort of tour guide? You could do that job anywhere they speak English or have English speaking tourists.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed