What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 593,924 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear.  :(

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 25, 2018, 11:58:13 AM
Lost another feline family member.
He lived a long, good life and didn't suffer.
It does get easier each time but it still hurts. Rest in peace, my fluffy friend. It was an honour to call you my pet.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 17, 2018, 11:04:40 AM
WTF, the new random unneeded update to Hotmail/Outlook is awful. They didnt need to do it and it took me longer to sort out what i needed to do. Pain in the ass

I hate those updates. Windows and all that stuff. It's always when you finally get used to it, they change it again.

Sorry to hear that Baron. It always sucks losing a pet.

Oh and in regards to the update, theyve changed it back to how it was before now. WTF

Baron Von Marlon

Thanks for your kind words.

Mrs.Majesty

Mrs.Majesty

Every year I do a medical examination (It is necessary for the university). Usually the results were good, I only had problems with my lungs. But today I was informed that I have new heart problems. I'm scared. Recently, I have often felt weakness and pain in my chest. I try to calm down, because of the excitement I feel worse.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Mrs.Majesty on Nov 02, 2018, 11:55:50 AM
Every year I do a medical examination (It is necessary for the university). Usually the results were good, I only had problems with my lungs. But today I was informed that I have new heart problems. I'm scared. Recently, I have often felt weakness and pain in my chest. I try to calm down, because of the excitement I feel worse.

Very sorry to hear it. Do the problems they are talking about involve high/low blood pressure or palpitations? My physician once had me scared to death over what turned out to be high-stress, anxiety, and an error that happened when they were faxed my ECG. This also happened while I was in college. I know it's very scary, just hang in there. And if you have a good family support structure, be sure to lean on it. And don't be afraid to take some time away from school if you need to. It will always be there. You just focus on taking good care of yourself. That's job one.

My family and I will be keeping you in our prayers.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Really sorry to hear that, Majesty. I can't imagine how frighting it must be to be told that. Wishing you all the best.

Mrs.Majesty

Mrs.Majesty

Thank you very much for your kind words.
I have problems with conduction of cardiac muscle, arrhythmia and high hemoglobin (always above normal).
I've always had health problems. Last years were not the best for me. I tried to ignore the bad state of health and thought that it was the neurosis.
At the moment, everything is not so scary and it is treatable. I was just so scared because my whole family has heart problems.
I hope that everything will be alright.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Mom having complication from surgery. She might have to go back under. I'm stressed as f**k and it's really hard to focus on things I need to get done.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear, Bearer.  :( Hopefully it all works out.

Huggs

Huggs

Had my foot ran over today by a fully loaded pallet jack. Went right up the front of my shoe, and crushed my toes. Took about 6 seconds to back it off me. Nothing's broken, but I sure am sore.

Quote from: Deathbearer on Nov 02, 2018, 09:38:26 PM
Mom having complication from surgery. She might have to go back under. I'm stressed as f**k and it's really hard to focus on things I need to get done.

Very sorry to hear it Bearer. It's never easy to focus on other responsibilities when a loved one is ill, but it's not hard to become overwhelmed and exhausted. No matter what, take good care of yourself so you can take good care of her too. Hang in there. I'll be keeping you and your mom in my prayers.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Split ramen over my keyboard. Now some of the keys have stopped working. Finally time to get rid of my super clacky clacky keyboard and get a new one. Had this thing for about 5 years.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2018, 06:26:36 PM
Split ramen over my keyboard. Now some of the keys have stopped working.

A writer's worst nightmare.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2018, 06:26:36 PM
Split ramen over my keyboard.

Sounds like the tale of Solomon meets Gordon Ramsey. I dig it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Stan Lee died today.  It's amazing to think how many people he touched and brought enjoyment too in this world, through his creations.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was my boss' last day yesterday. I always call him the boss but he's actually my best mate. Been working together for the last 5 or so years. I'm mostly sad that I don't get to come in and spend every day with my mate. He was a great mentor and an actual great manager as he gave a shit about all of us in the team. I'm gonna miss his knowledge when something goes tits up too.

They are recruiting to replace him. I hope that doesn't go on too long. I know another me from another contract is interested in the role and he came down to see us all last week. I'm hopeful he'll get the job. He deserves it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed