Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,876 times)

unclekulikov

unclekulikov

Even on console, the plasma lock on is overpowered considering what the marines have to respond with. Their lack of a focus mode also is irritating, making it harder to obtain the proper weapons for a situation.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Haven't posted here in awhile. Game is still broke on my end, and this is round two of trying to fix it instead of playing other games.

I miss mah AvP

QuoteProblem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   AvP_DX11.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4c34ac5d
  Fault Module Name:   AvP_DX11.exe
  Fault Module Version:   1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4c34ac5d
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0000252e
  OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   fd00
  Additional Information 2:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
  Additional Information 3:   fd00
  Additional Information 4:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Is the error report I get when I try to connect to dedicated servers only to have the game crash. I emailed Sega and I'm updating the drivers in my graphics card. If anyone has any other info, I'd be very happy to hear it.

Edit: Updated drivers. Still no luck, though it tried to connect for a much longer time. Like a minute instead of ten seconds.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on Aug 23, 2010, 05:24:26 AM
Haven't posted here in awhile. Game is still broke on my end, and this is round two of trying to fix it instead of playing other games.

I miss mah AvP

QuoteProblem signature:

Is the error report I get when I try to connect to dedicated servers only to have the game crash. I emailed Sega and I'm updating the drivers in my graphics card. If anyone has any other info, I'd be very happy to hear it.

Edit: Updated drivers. Still no luck, though it tried to connect for a much longer time. Like a minute instead of ten seconds.

Unfortunatly theres not an aweful lot of usfull information to go on, it's an access violation in AVP itself, it might be because of a driver giving back bad info or it might not. Do you get the same crash in the dx9 version?

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: Insomniac on Aug 23, 2010, 10:30:19 AM
Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on Aug 23, 2010, 05:24:26 AM

I miss mah AvP

QuoteProblem signature:

Unfortunatly theres not an aweful lot of usfull information to go on, it's an access violation in AVP itself, it might be because of a driver giving back bad info or it might not. Do you get the same crash in the dx9 version?
Afraid that might have been useless info.

I get the same errors in regular play, dx11, and dx9. Single player works fine nad I've been tiding myself over with that.

Hopefully Sega's tech support will get back to me soon :3

I did update some drivers on my computer last night. Those didn't help either. One was for my motherboard and the other was for some network connection card.

brennan4

brennan4

In the trailers the spitter/runner aliens have domes, but in the game their ridged heads are exposed.If it helps I'm on ps3.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Check your PMs

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Alright. Sega got back to me and after a few tries we got my game fixed. Sega, you have some amazing customer support :)

I'm not sure why these things worked. At all. But they did

I went into the AvP files and reinstalled the AvP directX files. I then verified the game cache (after doing the first step the game found six files that needed to be redownloaded) I then finished off by defraging the game cache.

I've done the last two quite a few times, but I've never had it come up with so many broken files.

But I'm not sure why this worked at all. It did though so all is good. :P

Insomniac

Insomniac

Good to hear :)

Hawkins

Hawkins

Quote from: unclekulikov on Aug 16, 2010, 07:30:58 AM
I play on the 360, which may have gotten different patches.

I have only three problems with the game.

1. I haven't found a use for the flamethrower. It doesn't knock predators or aliens out of a heavy attack, it takes a really long time to kill, it's short range and time to target make it ineffective.
The flameThrower is just flat out garbage and probably will never be adjusted correctly if you ask me.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Shame i haven't been able to play online because of the connection issues. Damn steam!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Is it just me, or is my rank advancing, and the next time I sign in, it's lower again? What the hell?

MasterRich

Hi guys,

Been having this strange problem, where I join a MP game on dedicated server, when i join in i get stuck in the Camera (CTV) view i can switch different cameras to see the map. But I cant see any one listed on the scoreboard or in game but they are fighting it out. I hear the sounds and see some gun fire or effects going on in the map but cannot see any one there. Any ideas or has anyone got this problem? I can't join in the actual game just watch which looks like an empty map but they are fighting it out and i can't see them

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

Quote from: unclekulikov on Aug 17, 2010, 08:44:42 PM
Even on console, the plasma lock on is overpowered considering what the marines have to respond with. Their lack of a focus mode also is irritating, making it harder to obtain the proper weapons for a situation.

How is it over powered? One shot should kill IMO even on the low setting.  But it doesnt.  A marine can dodge it if he can see it coming. Sometimes a full charge shot doesn't kill. And it doesn't lock on very well.

Fruitcake

Mjello!
Well, just bought a new machine and i wanted to test out AvP to see how it would run.
I got no lags of any kind but i soon realized that the predators cloak renders him COMPLETLY invisible. Like in the first real mission as predator the pod you arrived in just looks like air, there's nothing at all. The 'ripples' from the cloak is gone. And when i encountered the first marines and turned on the thermal vision some odd trails got stuck on the screen where the marines had been. Anyone had these problems or know any solution? Its really unplayable in my opinion and i dont even want to think about the multiplayer with predators being completly invisible... Could use some help please.
I already reinstalled the game and got nothing, also tried to switch between dx 9 and 11 but the same bugs appear.

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
Radeon 5870
Intel i5 750 2.67GHz
8Gb DDR3 1066MHz

Undel

Quote from: Fruitcake on Oct 29, 2010, 04:01:32 PM
Mjello!
Well, just bought a new machine and i wanted to test out AvP to see how it would run.
I got no lags of any kind but i soon realized that the predators cloak renders him COMPLETLY invisible. Like in the first real mission as predator the pod you arrived in just looks like air, there's nothing at all. The 'ripples' from the cloak is gone. And when i encountered the first marines and turned on the thermal vision some odd trails got stuck on the screen where the marines had been. Anyone had these problems or know any solution? Its really unplayable in my opinion and i dont even want to think about the multiplayer with predators being completly invisible... Could use some help please.
I already reinstalled the game and got nothing, also tried to switch between dx 9 and 11 but the same bugs appear.

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
Radeon 5870
Intel i5 750 2.67GHz
8Gb DDR3 1066MHz

Verify integrity of game cache, it looks like some files are corrupted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed