Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 287,838 times)

Voodoo Magic

Hamilton is just the worst.

But w-we shot you!  D-don't man!  I-I'm not ready man!

No! N-No, you can't! Agh! No! Th-this isn't fair! We made it!  We made-

Aliens must move like sloths when they're inches away from their prey for him to talk this much while being attacked. I guess Johnson is trying to write his own type of Hudson character? But it's just coming off so painfully dumb.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 17, 2021, 08:09:40 AM
Spoiler
It looked like the Alien had stuck his hand through Bishop's head in one panel too.
[close]

I thought the very same thing.

Spoiler

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

God this sucks so much...

426Buddy

It's pretty sad imo

It's really strange not buying new aliens comics honestly. I guess there are a some DH singles I still need to collect but thats not very exciting when you already have several versions of the same story.

But I'm not going to touch this series. However I am contemplating getting Aftermath since the art looks like it's original again. Although the story sounds pretty lame.

Engineer

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2021, 09:23:02 PM
It's pretty sad imo

It's really strange not buying new aliens comics honestly. I guess there are a some DH singles I still need to collect but thats not very exciting when you already have several versions of the same story.

But I'm not going to touch this series. However I am contemplating getting Aftermath since the art looks like it's original again. Although the story sounds pretty lame.

The art in aftermath is improved for sure but they lost me with the glowing alien. I'm gonna skip that one too.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 16, 2021, 07:37:56 AM
Biggest gripe with issue 4 was the alien pose in this panel:
Spoiler
[close]

I keep getting 'Roy Scammell dangling from the roof production shots' vibes from this. That's not a good thing either.

426Buddy

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 17, 2021, 09:29:43 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2021, 09:23:02 PM
It's pretty sad imo

The art in aftermath is improved for sure but they lost me with the glowing alien. I'm gonna skip that one too.

Yeah that just sounds terrible.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The glowing Alien doesn't bother me to be honest. It's a comic, so I'm willing to roll with sillier things there than I would be in a movie (I have no real problem with the general concept of the "Sil" Alpha thing in this comic, either, and gave that the benefit of the doubt), but more importantly... it is actually well drawn, whereas nothing in this current comic is. At least, the one on the cover is well drawn; we haven't seen any interior artwork (or whatever explanation they give for it, for that matter) of the glowing Alien yet.

SiL

SiL

A preview of the interior art was shared in the thread. The Alien appears, glowing on a ceiling, but the art is consistent with the cover.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Jun 17, 2021, 11:51:57 PM
A preview of the interior art was shared in the thread. The Alien appears, glowing on a ceiling, but the art is consistent with the cover.

Oh, huh - I was under the impression that the second image of it was a variant cover. Just went and looked again and yep, definitely an interior page!

To that, then, my point essentially still stands. The glowing Alien is silly for sure (I imagine it's going to be "radioactive" from the Hadley's Hope explosion, or something equally dumb) but I'm willing to roll with it at least until I see how it plays out in the context of the issue.

SiL

SiL

It's probably still going to be dumb, but that's kind of par for the course with the comics. And dumb doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Engineer

It's too silly for me...

I didn't like it when dark horse went too silly either...

SiL

SiL

I loved Norbert and Jeri so I have forfeit my right to complain about glowing Aliens.

Kimarhi

Stronghold was somehow silly done right. 

426Buddy

It's no Lovesick  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 18, 2021, 02:00:15 AM
It's no Lovesick  :laugh:

Lovesick is wilddddd. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed