"Giger's Alien" and "H. R. Giger's Film Design" book info needed

Started by mikkoras, Aug 21, 2012, 11:54:51 AM

Author
"Giger's Alien" and "H. R. Giger's Film Design" book info needed (Read 4,845 times)

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: SM on Oct 01, 2012, 06:18:35 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2012, 06:05:10 AM
How in the heck did I miss that the dozen times I watched it?

I don't think I DID miss that the dozen times I watched it.  Surely something like that would've stood out?  I be perplexed.
I just found it on youtube, I have not seen it before either.
Since I just own the Quadrilogy and the youtube video is in 1080p I guess it must be from the Anthology blu ray set?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 01, 2012, 03:40:02 PM
I just found it on youtube, I have not seen it before either.
Since I just own the Quadrilogy and the youtube video is in 1080p I guess it must be from the Anthology blu ray set?

It's on one of the Enhancement Pods in the Anthology set.  Here's an excerpt about that mock-up footage featured in the clip:

Taken from Giger's Alien.

In the Alien Enhancement Pods you'll also find an extra shot/close-up of the Alien crab walking towards Lambert.  Close-up of the Alien raising his head during the Brett scene and if memory serves some very quick snippets of Lambert wakening from cryo.

LarsVader

I'd never have thought to see this stuff, cool.
And I'd know a perfect place for that shot in one of those ALIEN/Prometheus mash-up trailers.  :D

wmmvrrvrrmm

It would be nice if it was the actual test footage, it could be

SM

QuoteIt's on one of the Enhancement Pods in the Anthology set.

I suspected it might be.  Which means I've only watched it once years ago.

And need to watch them again.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I just asked Charles De Lauzirika on Facebook : Charles, I've got a question about the Alien Anthology boxset. In the Enhancement Pods section where Dan O'Bannon is talking about "Conceiving the Alien Lifecycle", there's a piece of footage showing a torch light moving around Giger's Alien Lifecycle painting. Is that the actual test footage from the Alien production which Giger briefly mentioned it in his Giger's Alien book?"

His reply was: "Pretty sure it is, yes."

LarsVader

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Oct 02, 2012, 11:13:19 AM
I just asked Charles De Lauzirika on Facebook : Charles, I've got a question about the Alien Anthology boxset. In the Enhancement Pods section where Dan O'Bannon is talking about "Conceiving the Alien Lifecycle", there's a piece of footage showing a torch light moving around Giger's Alien Lifecycle painting. Is that the actual test footage from the Alien production which Giger briefly mentioned it in his Giger's Alien book?"

His reply was: "Pretty sure it is, yes."
Cool!
Another case of ALIEN-archeology solved.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Nice find. I haven't seen this before. Shame it just looks like a poster but still nice to know it got as far as test shots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed