"Predators" Prequel/Adaptation/Sequel comics

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 12, 2010, 05:20:07 PM

Author
"Predators" Prequel/Adaptation/Sequel comics (Read 92,139 times)

SiL

The 'yautja' mythos was never in the comics, only Perry's novels - The new comics are keeping with the old comics to some degree, that seems about it. The new novels all but completely shitcanned the old ones.

Xenomrph

Despite that, the "Weyland Yutani Archive" on the AvPR Blu-Ray disc uses the word "Yautja" about 60 times and liberally references the comics and the novels.

Even if there are "conflicts" with the new comics or something, the writer of 'Predators' already gave us an out: different clan, different behaviors and procedures. Hell, that was even an established precedent (and super-easy retcon) before he even implied it. Unless they do something super-drastic (and I'm talking, like, of Hish proportions here) then all the established comics are going to be just fine.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 13, 2010, 12:27:57 AM
Despite that, the "Weyland Yutani Archive" on the AvPR Blu-Ray disc uses the word "Yautja" about 60 times and liberally references the comics and the novels.

Even if there are "conflicts" with the new comics or something, the writer of 'Predators' already gave us an out: different clan, different behaviors and procedures. Hell, that was even an established precedent (and super-easy retcon) before he even implied it. Unless they do something super-drastic (and I'm talking, like, of Hish proportions here) then all the established comics are going to be just fine.

How and what did Litvak retcon?

-Rakai'Thwei

SiL

And the AvP DVD says Preds hunted dinosaurs to extinction.

I put less stock into the trivia section of a DVD than I do the actual EU it references :P

XenoVC

Looking forward to them.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 13, 2010, 12:41:34 AM

I put less stock into the trivia section of a DVD than I do the actual EU it references :P
Where does it say that? Like, can you be specific? I have my AvP DVD handy.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 13, 2010, 12:36:27 AM

How and what did Litvak retcon?

-Rakai'Thwei
He said that the Predators in the new movie are "from a different clan" and "use different weapons and tactics". That's the easy way to retcon any discrepancies. Predator doesn't have the "blooding" mark from hunting an Alien? Maybe his clan doesn't engage in that practice. Wristblades on both arms? Personal weapon preference. Attacks some targets and not others? Different clans have different rules and traditions.
It's pretty easy to say that Predators as a species are about as homogeneous as humans are. :P

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 13, 2010, 04:02:59 AM
The pop-up factoids in one of the multitude special editions (Not the 2-disc set I have; I guess it's the unrated cut).

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 13, 2010, 06:15:04 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 13, 2010, 04:02:59 AM
The pop-up factoids in one of the multitude special editions (Not the 2-disc set I have; I guess it's the unrated cut).
This is seriously the first I've heard of this. What is the "pop-up factoids" thing? I have the 2-disc unrated edition.

SiL

One of the AvP DVDs has an option for little factoids to pop up while the movie is playing.

I ... I really can't be any more specific than that. That's all the info there is. Look around in the special features; I don't have that edition, but I know it's there.

Xenomrph

Alrighty, I'll mess with it later and see what I can find. Thanks!

CEP

Well, anything to destroy the horrible "yautja" crap is good with me. :D

I want to see Royce's tale.

vikingspawn

Wow!    Weekly "Predators" comics for June!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25247

And they're keeping each book at $2.99!

;D

XenoVC

Color me interested!

Corporal Hicks

A team of Navy Seals is in the midst of a firefight when it suddenly goes dark. They awake to find themselves in a new and more deadly environment, stalked by a strange enemy. One by one these special-ops officers are killed by an unseen threat, until only one man remains. All alone in a strange world, he must do what he knows best—survive against all odds.

The lone Navy Seal finds himself in an uneasy alliance when he discovers another survivor on the planet—but he also learns that here humans are prey, transplanted from Earth to this alien jungle, to be hunted for sport.

The human alliance strains under the threat of the vicious Predators, an elaborate system of traps, and the impossibility of escape, until the men are locked in their own game of cat and mouse against each other.

David Lapham writes backups featuring Adrien Brody's cold-blooded killer from the film!

Traps are set off and new Predators enter the fray in the blood-drenched conclusion: the set-up for Robert Rodriguez's reboot of the Predator film series!

Corporal Hicks

You'd get the impression this was Nolan's story but Royce is in it...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed