Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 287,707 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

u can doubt but in reality we both don't really know 

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 26, 2022, 10:32:45 AMThat's ridiculous, Meredith Vickers got crushed into nothing resembling a human being, nothing more.

I'm betting the Marvel character's a haphazard tie in to Destroyer Of Worlds The Perfected concept, with no real purpose, just a "this exists" type thing.

That's nonsense.  We didn't see her die.  They clearly left that open-ended as a possible thread to pick up.  Vickers could have easily ended up among the labyrinthine nooks and crannies of the Juggernaut.  It's not a big stretch.

SiL

SiL

They absolutely did not leave it open to pick up later.

BlueMarsalis79

MEREDITH VICKERS, EC/#9549874308. 2057-2093
"Sir Peter Weyland's only legitimate child. Studied business management at Oxford; chose to accompany Sir Peter to oversee operations aboard the Prometheus. Ms. Vickers was in line to become CEO of Weyland-Yutani upon the death or resignation of her father. She was personally responsible for selecting the Prometheus crew."

Excerpt from the Weyland Yutani Report.

SiL

SiL

That doesn't really say anything either way, just that she's considered dead.

The whole being crushed  is more relevant.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Well... yeah, I can't believe it's even in contention to be honest.

The last thing I'd want this franchise to turn into's modern Star Wars myself, with obviously dead characters coming back for maximum profit margins.

SuperiorIronman

These are also the franchises that can't leave well enough alone when it comes to continuity and Alien media has certainly gone to the well with Acheron. So Vickers could be alive here, but then again it's fairly far fetched. Then again so is Hadley's hope surviving a nuclear blast intact. I don't know maybe she crawled out and puffed herself back up like a cartoon, I don't know.

I don't think it's Vickers either I'm just waiting for a new creative team.

Sabres21768

If we're going to say it could be Vickers, then we could just as easily (and more probably) say it's Shaw in her final form.

Kradan

Kradan

That would at least make some sense

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 26, 2022, 11:07:11 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 26, 2022, 10:32:45 AMThat's ridiculous, Meredith Vickers got crushed into nothing resembling a human being, nothing more.

I'm betting the Marvel character's a haphazard tie in to Destroyer Of Worlds The Perfected concept, with no real purpose, just a "this exists" type thing.

That's nonsense.  We didn't see her die.  They clearly left that open-ended as a possible thread to pick up.  Vickers could have easily ended up among the labyrinthine nooks and crannies of the Juggernaut.  It's not a big stretch.

They litteraly dropped a spaceship on her. The end

Whiskeybrewer

Ah the Prometheus School of running away from things  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Remember 4 easy steps, kids:

Step 1: ALWAYS run in straight lines

Step 2: DO NOT change your direction

Step 3: DISREGARD pieces of debris falling from the sky

Step 4: ROLL to the side, if you trip over

TilotnyWorshiper28

I don't think its either shaw or vickers. a new character makes more sense

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2022, 10:56:29 AMRemember 4 easy steps, kids:

Step 1: ALWAYS run in straight lines

Step 2: DO NOT change your direction

Step 3: DISREGARD pieces of debris falling from the sky

Step 4: ROLL to the side, if you trip over

You're lucky SM isn't here to see that.

Kradan

I don't get it, please explain

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 26, 2022, 11:59:06 PMWell... yeah, I can't believe it's even in contention to be honest.

The last thing I'd want this franchise to turn into's modern Star Wars myself, with obviously dead characters coming back for maximum profit margins.

You mean like Ripley 8?

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 27, 2022, 01:33:04 AMIf we're going to say it could be Vickers, then we could just as easily (and more probably) say it's Shaw in her final form.

I'd say that Shaw would be another good candidate except that we literally do see her dead.  But who knows what sort of resurrection properties the goo could have.  We saw that Fifield was resurrected.  By that logic something could become of Shaw.  Heck, by that logic something could come of Old Man Weyland!  And of course Vickers could come back too.  They're all fair game with the goo.

Presumably we have black sauce spilled all over the Engineer installation so there is much that could come of that.  Do people really think that there is no good story to be had from revising LV-223?  So much potential there..

Does it make more sense to create a Sil-like humanoid she-alien without this sort of context?  I just think this idea from Marvel is so weak that I'm trying to find a way that would make it acceptable in my own head-canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed