Zeta Reticuli

Started by markweatherill, Oct 08, 2014, 05:41:22 AM

Author
Zeta Reticuli (Read 3,807 times)

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Oct 14, 2014, 10:23:35 PM
Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 14, 2014, 04:32:43 PM
At least they spelt it right in the comic.

Speaking of the system, does anyone know roughly where KG348 is in relation to LV426?
Apparently it's somewhere in the region (although we don't know how big "the region" is), and roughly in between Thedus and Earth - although perhaps not directly between, as Sevastopol took an economic hit when the Thedus-Earth shipping lanes were rerouted.

Kool, thanks. Thought it may have existed on a map or something before they made the game.

SM

SM

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 14, 2014, 04:32:43 PM
At least they spelt it right in the comic.

Speaking of the system, does anyone know roughly where KG348 is in relation to LV426?

Not having played the game I'd guess that it orbits Z1R.

The "Zeta Reticuli region" would likely be the Z1R system and Z2R system which are fairly close in cosmic terms.  It's not enroute to Thedus.  The Nostromo was diverted to go to Z2R.  You don't pass through any other star systems from Thedus to Sol; or from LV-426 to Sol.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Interesting.

How come you haven't played SM? If you don't mind me asking.

SM

SM

Lack of good graphics card.
Lack of disposable income.

As soon as these are both rectified, I'm on.

Tempted to get the 360 version to get around the graphic card issue.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: SM on Oct 15, 2014, 09:44:51 PM
Lack of good graphics card.
Lack of disposable income.

As soon as these are both rectified, I'm on.

Tempted to get the 360 version to get around the graphic card issue.

I'm on 360 and the game still looks pretty. Even my misses came over and saw the graphics and said they looked good. Also did you see the comparison video to Xbox One? Not too much in it really. Meh...just pushing to get your opinion on the game really. Hopefully you haven't spoiled yourself too much. Let me know how it goes.

I have another question that you may be able to help with without having to start a new thread. Sevastapol size...must be considerably bigger than Nostromo even though they look similar right?

SM

SM

Doing my best to avoid spoilers.

As for the size - again, from what little I've seen of pre-released stuff, I suspect the Anesidora is of a similar size to the Nostromo and as such the Sevastopol is vastly larger.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The Anesidora is quite different and I guess borrowed a lot from som early Ron Cobb Design.
It feels more modern, like a bridge between the nostromo and the high tech prometheus ship.
It's very nice if you ask me, Creative Assembly definitely have taste. They made no mistake on that I think.

I believe Sevastopol is much larger too. Probably due to the fact there are civilians living there which I guess was never intended for the nostromo mineral hanger or whatever you wanna call it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I didn't think the Anesidora was the same class as the Nostromo.

The insides looked more Aliens inspired than Alien. 

Quarax

Quarax

The Nostromo and Torrens are both M-class ships, so I imagine they're pretty much the same size.

SM

SM

They all seem to have a similar configuration.

And speaking of the Torrens - that approach shot of the Torrens to Sevastopol.  Didn't like it, with that whole shaky cam rumbling as it passes the camera.  Alien flicks - even Prometheus - don't do that shit.

Xhan

Xhan

YOU SUCK IT UP PRINCESS

MODERN CINEMA WILL NOT BE QUESTIONED BY THE LIKES OF YOU

GET A JOB HIPPIE

Personally, when shaky cam and BLUE+ORANGE = AWESOME go out of style it will not be soon enough.

SM

SM

I don't mind it especially - in other stuff.  For the amount of trouble they went to trying to recreate the first film - that shot stuck out like a big pair of blue and orange dog nuts.

Xhan

Xhan

there will be other annoyances, I'm afraid; but only one stint of blue and orange, thankfully.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't even remember said scene in question

Xhan

Xhan

Think smoke and hella loud beeping, also spinning starfield, if you were ninja + ovaries of steel enough look out the viewports instead of huddling around the generators

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed