Character Descriptions

Started by ikarop, Dec 04, 2012, 08:30:23 PM

Author
Character Descriptions (Read 38,006 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

Predaker

The Runner

Surprised that New Jersey is even habitable by the 2100's. Poor O'Neal, growing up in a dump. :(

RazorSlash

Quote from: The Runner on Dec 07, 2012, 10:28:57 PM
Surprised that New Jersey is even habitable by the 2100's. Poor O'Neal, growing up in a dump. :(
Well you're not getting any Christmas presents this year.

szkoki

szkoki

reminds me of Oscar Moralis

Spoiler

not an original character for me really...

Njm1983

Njm1983

The profiles suck. >:( They're all the best of the best of the best sir... with honors. I guess all the other redshirts will be just that... redshirts.

The characters in Aliens were portrayed as if they were a regular platoon. Everyone of these characters is like one of pitchfords favorites and isnt subject to being anything less than a super hero.

Supercargo

Supercargo

Seeing these marines really makes me wish Hicks was still alive. I can never forgive 20th Century Fox for killing him off.  >:(

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

All right NJ support! Was hoping there would be one from here!

Moosh89

Moosh89

Quote from: Njm1983 on Dec 07, 2012, 11:32:25 PM
The profiles suck. >:( They're all the best of the best of the best sir... with honors. I guess all the other redshirts will be just that... redshirts.

The characters in Aliens were portrayed as if they were a regular platoon. Everyone of these characters is like one of pitchfords favorites and isnt subject to being anything less than a super hero.

I kinda have to agree with this, A little odd, but then I guess it wouldn't sell as well if you were nobodies.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

It's the oposite for me. Nobodies are relatable. Nobodies are not perfect. Nobodies can die at any moment.

Frankly the more badass they push into a character the less i care for them. I doubt i will be giving any shits about these.

Moosh89

Moosh89

Agreed again, I find that nobodies are more interesting, I want to know more about them.

But I do enjoy a good well developed character, but not the ones that are some developers version of the Ultimate Bad Ass (and I don't mean for that to be an Aliens reference, theres "Ultimate Bad Ass" Aliens version, which is cocky but normal every day people, then theres "Ultimate Bad Ass" that never does anything wrong, never misses, always saves the day and has the dumbest dialogue)

But I still want to play this damn game!

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

With character design being increasingly more realistic, do we need an actual casting director like with film? Art director is probably the one they go to. I just wonder which "faces" they compiled to get them and what were their motives in choosing.
Like in Uncharted, the CEO Naughty Dog was partly to blame not for his decisions but for whatshisname's looks.
Hate to dwell on this but its all good. They might not all play amazing roles in this game as we may think.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

The more I see, the more I enjoy how Gearbox is taking this game. The fact that we have a nice assortment of characters is just proof that games are becoming more realistic. The handicapped marine (Cruz) reminds me of Kat from Halo Reach. These characters aren't handicapped, they're handicapable!  :) I like a story with likeable characters. They don't have to be indestructible, but they all don't have to die either. Looking forward to how the story will play out.

February can't come fast enough.

Njm1983

Njm1983

The thing is the dev team is treating this marine team like the expendables. Problem is you can't exactly give these characters that level of badassery out the gate. Now if they had all been kicking ass for 20 years I'd buy it then.

Flawed and average individuals excelling in extraordinary circumstances is far more relatable than a group of perfectl soldiers whom are top of their class. Just look at the recent halo forward unto dawn film. Each cadet had something that you could relate to. The main character laskyis so screwed up he can't get right. In the end its the extreme circumstance that makes him find himself. Not the other way around. Which is what I get from these bios.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Are they spoiling us the story? What the hell? First combat mission on Sulaco - Sulaco is still somewhere in the open space. So we board Sulaco in the game, something happens and ONeil gets out as sole survivor... Thanks for the spoil GBX.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed