AVP 1 Skirmish scores

Started by Private Hudson, Feb 20, 2008, 12:00:40 AM

Author
AVP 1 Skirmish scores (Read 2,839 times)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

What is the highest points you've reached in skirmish without dieing? Mine is 9200, on Hadleys Hope. What I did was went into the vent and stood in a corner, the aliens rushed me and I just mowed them down, eventually, I ran out of ammo, and Boom, alien on top of me, eating me, it was a sad sight.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I don't know. But I can tell you this; I just finished the "Orbital" level as a marine on Director's cut. I will never play it again because my child must never hear such cursing again... She's 8 months old and I hope I haven't screwed up her childhood...

That is one tough level.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh yeah. That one took me ages. Did you take out the Xenoborg or run away?

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2008, 11:33:31 AM
Oh yeah. That one took me ages. Did you take out the Xenoborg or run away?

Ran like hell. Both times. Also ran in the last part when you can dodge the predator and sprint through the hydroponics to the pod.
With two saves at my disposal I don't have the nerves to repeat same third of the map over and over. I tried a few times and wouldn't have a huge problem if the aliens didn't spawn like they had a planet of humans to multiply from.

Really, I HATE constant spawning. Ok, when the mission is to hold on and defend a position for a limited time I'm ok with it, but in AvP1 it seems as if it happens all the time.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Space Voyager on Feb 25, 2008, 11:57:16 AM

With two saves at my disposal

Directors Cut has no saves...  ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The patch? Didn't it give saves?

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2008, 09:34:04 PM
It did. Eight (IIRC, I never actually played the easiest setting), four or two, depending on difficulty.

With no saves I wouldn't play the game on Directors Cut. Some levels are just impossible to play through with no errors. And you die FAST.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Space Voyager on Feb 26, 2008, 07:33:43 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2008, 09:34:04 PM
It did. Eight (IIRC, I never actually played the easiest setting), four or two, depending on difficulty.

With no saves I wouldn't play the game on Directors Cut. Some levels are just impossible to play through with no errors. And you die FAST.

I beat all the missions + bonus ones with Marine and Pred on DC. I'd say about 2 of the marine missions on DC are extremely hard on DC with no saves allowed.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Orbital is the first level of the marine where you first encounter a Pred right? I hated that level, the Queen was easier!!

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Private Hudson on Mar 01, 2008, 07:18:32 AM
Orbital is the first level of the marine where you first encounter a Pred right? I hated that level, the Queen was easier!!
You don't only encounter one but TWO. And two alien mechs. I killed the first pred but the second is right at the end of the mission and with a save half a mission ago... I ran.

@AcidGlow: You've beaten all missions WITHOUT ANY SAVES?! Damn... You never patched the game?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Yeah, thats the one, god damn Xenoborgs took me out everytime I'd peek out from hiding!!

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Space Voyager on Mar 03, 2008, 02:17:51 PM

@AcidGlow: You've beaten all missions WITHOUT ANY SAVES?! Damn... You never patched the game?

I play it on AVPGE version not AVP. It has saves but only on the easier difficulties and 0 saves on Directors Cut. All my videos of me beating them on DC are in my youtube page.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed