AvP Gold minimize problem

Started by Pirazy, Jan 25, 2008, 05:53:13 PM

Author
AvP Gold minimize problem (Read 2,577 times)

Pirazy

Pirazy

As the topic suggests.

My game keeps minimizing whenever I press down several buttons at the same time, mouse and keyboard. Kind of makes the game impossible to play when you can't move and perform another action at the same time without being kicked out to the desktop and unable maximize it again. :-[

I have yet to find a specific pattern for it, sometimes I start pressing down as many buttons as possible, jumping/running/attacking and nothing happends, then all of a sudden it happends when I'm just walking in a straight line and press the jump-button. It's not even being consistent. The only thing I'm sure of is that it always happends when I press down one of the mouse-buttons while holding down one or several buttons on the keyboard, it can't be some weird compability-problem with my mouse can it? It's a regular 5-button MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

Have looked all over the net and haven't yet seen anyone else with the same problem.

Carnage95

Carnage95

Virus?

Try scanning your computer for virus.
Sometimes this things happen because of them.
Like one time when I was playing my games, my weapons kept swicthing auto and any window which can be scrolled up or down kept scrolling up and down non-stop.
It was annoying.

Pirazy

Pirazy

No viruses, I keep my comp sickingly clean. And it only happends in AvP, all other games works fine.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

If you have Vista that might be the problem, I had Vista and none of my games worked right, with the exception of one or two, but I switched back to XP and now it works fine.

Pirazy

Pirazy

Nope, I'm using WinXP SP2.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I have a problem when I try to install AVP: Gold, I get this error - InCDsrv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience. - when I insert the second disc.

Xhan

Xhan

Disable INCD through the service manager.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Yeah I thought it could be a virus but it was just another program which I removed so it runs fines now.

This game though is really dark and I don't like the controls so much.  The graphics aren't as good as AVP2 but that is probably the reason for it being so dark.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Graphics don't make a game.

Xhan

Xhan

Actually the modeling is better than AvP2.

gameoverman

gameoverman

The aliens are almost godlike in this game - I mean, you only get hit by an alien 2 or 3 times and you're dead.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And the atmosphere of the game. Scared me shitless. Love how the Aliens crawl after you if you take their legs off.

gameoverman

gameoverman

The atmosphere is good - I like the lighting and sound effects, just like the movies.  The aliens are harder to kill because they crawl around more on the ceilings and walls unlike AVP2 where they just seem to run at you most of the time.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I liked how the aliens could kill you fast, it made it more realistic. Also, the acid blood is considerably stronger than in AVP 1.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed