AVP Gold Edition Ship Pic

Started by RidgeTop, Jan 09, 2008, 10:47:53 AM

Author
AVP Gold Edition Ship Pic (Read 6,839 times)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2008, 08:16:28 AM
Looks like some weird insect, don't it?

Well, didnt the pred 2 ship sorta look like an insect.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ya barely saw the P2 ship.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2008, 11:28:26 PM
Ya barely saw the P2 ship.

Its the same ship as the one in the AVP2 PC game, you can see the whole thing very detailed.
at first I diddnt think they were the same ship, but if you look at the back of it when its doing its fly by in AVP2, you can clearly see it is.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 10, 2008, 04:03:05 PMHowever if you've upgraded your windows since Windows ME, you wont be able to play it because the game dosent regognize Windows XP or Vista. I had to hook up a second hard drive with ME just to play the game.

:o Is there an emulation or something?!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: AdamJZ on Jan 11, 2008, 12:20:30 AM
Its the same ship as the one in the AVP2 PC game, you can see the whole thing very detailed.
at first I diddnt think they were the same ship, but if you look at the back of it when its doing its fly by in AVP2, you can clearly see it is.

Yeah, I forgot about that. Still...the insect ship looks nothing like it.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 10, 2008, 04:03:05 PMHowever if you've upgraded your windows since Windows ME, you wont be able to play it because the game dosent regognize Windows XP or Vista. I had to hook up a second hard drive with ME just to play the game.

Did some searching and it seems as though XP has a built-in emulator for Win95, 98...

If you go to the exe file, righ-click on it/properties/compatibility, than set it to run in a compatibility mode for Win98. I haven't tried any program that would not run under XP so I don't know how effective that is, but if it works it's a piece of cake to get older games running.

P.S.: Sorry for going off-topic.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jan 11, 2008, 01:13:07 PM

Did some searching and it seems as though XP has a built-in emulator for Win95, 98...

If you go to the exe file, righ-click on it/properties/compatibility, than set it to run in a compatibility mode for Win98. I haven't tried any program that would not run under XP so I don't know how effective that is, but if it works it's a piece of cake to get older games running.

P.S.: Sorry for going off-topic.

No kidding? Thanks that bit of info. Im definatly trying that out.  8)

Xhan

Xhan

rIIIGHT....

I just played it on XP64 ten minutes ago.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Any problems?

Xhan

Xhan

Nope. Get the right drivers and right Bink and Smack files and it works fine.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 12, 2008, 04:05:38 PM
Nope. Get the right drivers and right Bink and Smack files and it works fine.
Could you help me with that please? I installed it for the first time under XP and I have quite some problems, running under compatibility mode or not... If I cut the intro the sound (last two seconds or so) keeps repeating over and over. And if I loaded the game it suddenly adopts HUGE ping.

I have no idea what is wrong because all the drivers are by far better than what the game demands. Darn, it wants to install DirectX6! I tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work. Any help VERY appreciated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed