Where is the hive in Alien ?

Started by Predator@Alien, Jan 05, 2022, 08:04:49 PM

Author
Where is the hive in Alien ? (Read 4,536 times)

BlueMarsalis79

That's a good idea.

Or it's just broken or defective.

Funnily enough the USG Ishimura reappeared four days ago actually.

SiL

SiL

Or we ignore the blueprints entirely.

Anyway, in reply to the thread, the hive was scripted as an undercarriage maintenance room and I think the set was just a refurbished C deck.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2022, 12:25:59 AM

That's been my solution all along.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I was actually wondering if because it was a deleted scene it'd even be in the blueprints to begin with.

Predator@Alien

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 07, 2022, 11:34:41 PM
Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jan 07, 2022, 03:33:10 PM
The reactor core chamber is on B deck, access to the shuttles is also on B deck. So it's necessarily between but I don't see anything special in The Blueprints...

You don't see the third cryotube in the shuttle?

I believed for a long time that there was a third cryotube ! :D Thank's for the link, I will read your thaughts on that !

Indeed, the film often takes us to dead ends, like the upper A deck, Ash's blister... But if that can make us look and find, then I'm looking for answers, if it's possible ^^'

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yea I'm looking at my new book and watching the scene and going off of Sil's script info... and it doesn't make sense to me right now, or maybe at least Ripley's journey doesn't make sense to me right now.

A potentially dumb question first, where did Ripley activate the self-destruct sequence? It was the engine room I assume (Upper C-deck)?

Anyway, I think she came down from the mid-section of B-deck through a companionway (to the side of a stretch of hallway) that leads to the forward undercarriage chamber on C-deck.

I can also see in the stern how one would get from B-Deck where the shuttle is to the engine room on upper C-Deck via a single hallway on C-deck (companionways at each end).

I'm just trying to remember at which point the deleted scene takes place in order of events, because from what I've gathered there aren't a lot of ways to actually to go from the mid-section to the stern and vice versa. In fact I may be wrong but I only see one way, you'd have to go from the bow or forward midsection of B-deck down to C-deck then travel to the rear of the midsection that leads you up another companionway to the engine room which in turn connects to the shuttles on B-deck.

On a second look though you could also go from B-deck to upper C-deck via air ducts but I don't think Ripley ever took that route.

Right or wrong I'm kinda enjoying this.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I'm enjoying your investigation of it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2022, 12:25:59 AM
No, the blueprints are cool and good.  >:(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Canon war?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jan 09, 2022, 06:42:01 AM

I'm enjoying your investigation of it.

Thanks.  :)

From what I gather though it seems like Ripley going to the undercarriage chamber was completely unnecessary and there may very well be an unintentional benefit to the scene being cut (I highly doubt that's why it was cut).

If I remember correctly the scene takes place after she starts the self-destruct and before she gets to the shuttle (blocked by the alien), so going to the undercarriage chamber would of been a pointless detour towards the mid-section of the ship when both the engine room and the shuttles were quite accessible to each other in the stern (which is better represented in the theatrical release).

Edit: Furthermore, just for the sake argument if for whatever reason she wanted to go from engine room to the undercarriage chamber she would of had only 2 ways and one can be ruled out based on what we see in the scene. The more likely way would've been she'd had to go through the air ducts from upper C-deck to B-deck then go down that stretch of hallways that leads to the companionway that goes straight down into the undercarriage chamber on C-deck (like what we can see). The other ruled out way is she could of gone from upper C-deck down to C-deck but would of put her just outside of the storage locker/suit prep room and garage/cargo hold #2 room instead of the undercarriage chamber, to get to the chamber from there she'd have to go down the longer hallway, then take the first right down another hallway to garage/cargo hold #1 which then leads to the chamber via what looks like a gate.

SiL

SiL

The scene is scripted after Parker and Lambert die but before she sets the self destruct, which always made more sense than where the DC put it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2022, 08:21:30 PM
The scene is scripted after Parker and Lambert die but before she sets the self destruct, which always made more sense than where the DC put it.

Nice bit of info. The scripted version does offer more wiggle room.

I guess Lambert and Parker would of been killed in the storage locker room (said to hold back-up oxygen reserve canisters) in the bow of the ship on C-deck, then perhaps Ripley could of backtracked to B-deck where she would of then gone back down to C-deck via the companionway to the undercarriage chamber (mid-section) that connects to garage/cargo hold #1 and eventually to the companionway that leads to the engine room.

Good enough for me?

Predator@Alien

Thank you Crazy Rich, I didn't expect as much but I think you did well to arrive on this thread :D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I surprise even myself sometimes.

SiL's info on the script was super helpful though and really he had the answer to the question, I just took a lot of extra steps out of curiosity.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 09, 2022, 07:08:50 PM
Canon war?
More like canon effortless victory in favor of the blueprints book >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed