System Shock (remake)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 28, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

Author
System Shock (remake) (Read 6,762 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Considering it's supposed to be released in two months time, and I've pre-ordered it, I hope not!

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I hope it succeeds so we can get a remake of System Shock 2, and maybe with a proper ending.

Wweyland

Wweyland

A Demo of the remake is out now, and looks good on Youtube (haven't played it yet)

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

You have to be kidding me. I am convinced that this game is never coming out.

https://twitter.com/GamesRadar/status/1635620762131353604

Wweyland

Wweyland

Only a few months more!

Stitch

Stitch

A two month delay isn't too bad. Feels like an actual release date as opposed to a placeholder.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have wanted to play the first System Shock for about 25 years. It will be of course different, as it's a re-imagining, but still very excited for it.

Stitch

Stitch

I've tried to play the first a few times. Never got very far. It's a very advanced game for its time, and that means very complicated controls.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Same here, I've played the original for like 10 minutes and promised to come back to it, but never did.
I have finished the second game something like 7 times in my lifetime and it's one of my favorite games ever.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

The original is still one of the best games I've ever played.
So, I have high hopes for this remake.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

It looks like the wait has paid off.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I cannot believe its finally out, after all these years

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Is it as needlessly convoluted, fiddly and annoying as the original two?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Extremely doubtful.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 23, 2023, 12:19:49 AMThe original is still one of the best games I've ever played.

Are the other two games you've played pachinko machines? A good plot is no excuse for how awful an experience System Shock is to actually play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed